Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #16
Forum Member
miriya's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Korea
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 68
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
If you don't like LiveView just don't use it. It's simple. I know I'll try it and turn it off.
I guess so

QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
I'm hoping for:
- improved FASTER focusing system (11 points 9 cross like now but better - honestly I think you don't need more)
Yes, I upset to PENTAX's 6year stoneage AF.
than I am selling all of my gear to go to s5pro.

QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
- less than 20MP (far better noise control) - but I think Pentax will go for the pixel count
YES they maybe go for the pixel count
I don't need more pixels.. It makes my computer laborious.
but need to better noise control.

QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
- same body as K10D/K20D (PLEASE DON'T LET ANYTHING CHANGE IN THAT DEPARTMENT)
hmm.. but I prefer swible LCD and...
need to change place of horrible AE-L button.
it makes loose grip when handles by one hand.

QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
- 5FPS or more (and not some quasi high speed 20FPS burst like the K20D has, I'm talking about the real deal)
yes, 3FPS is just for entry class.
D90 - 4.5fps
D300 - 8fps
a700 - 5fps
50D - 6.3fps
450d - 3.5fps

and need to new shutter box.
1/4000 is just for entry class too.

09-04-2008, 06:32 PM   #17
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
QuoteOriginally posted by miriya Quote
Yes, I upset to PENTAX's 6year stoneage AF.
than I am selling all of my gear to go to s5pro.
really? i have given it a thorough look. the s5 is looking good at the discounted price but the uncertainty of the Fuji SLR brand and some of the annoyances with the interface and stupid things like using batteries different from nikon don't help. and i don't like nikon's selection of glass either.

do your sources mention an S6 Pro ?
09-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #18
Forum Member
miriya's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Korea
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 68
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
really? i have given it a thorough look. the s5 is looking good at the discounted price but the uncertainty of the Fuji SLR brand and some of the annoyances with the interface and stupid things like using batteries different from nikon don't help. and i don't like nikon's selection of glass either.

do your sources mention an S6 Pro ?
haha.. I understand.
It has poor interface(someones saying "Fuji makes it for intentionally annoying user") and stupid batteries.

but it much better than stone age AF, for me.
when I press shutter, camera rejects to shot photos.
I usually, mainly takes a photo at ev2 situation, and its like a HELL for Pentax.
(ev2 : ISO1600, f/2.8 → 1/60sec)

It is impossible to AF at 'bowing' or 'changing namecard' people by K10D.

AF and ISO is major thing for me.
If I take photo for scenary, I will prefer PENTAX.
I am so sad for abandon Pentax. but I can't endure.
09-05-2008, 01:33 AM   #19
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Slovenia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 279
miriya: Cut the crap and come to your senses. The S5pro is a repacked Noink D200, do you know how much noise that camera has and how many AF issues? You're still better off with a K10D or a K20D for that matter. And I'm not forgetting the S5pro nice dynamic range and "for artists" badge.

If you're bullshitting about jumping ship at least do it properly and come up with a D300/D700 or even D3 if the current Pentax lineup doesn't cut it for you.

BTW: Good Noink glass costs a fortune, Pentax has nicer cheap-er primes.

09-05-2008, 02:31 AM   #20
Forum Member
miriya's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Korea
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 68
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
miriya: Cut the crap and come to your senses. The S5pro is a repacked Noink D200, do you know how much noise that camera has and how many AF issues? You're still better off with a K10D or a K20D for that matter. And I'm not forgetting the S5pro nice dynamic range and "for artists" badge.

If you're bullshitting about jumping ship at least do it properly and come up with a D300/D700 or even D3 if the current Pentax lineup doesn't cut it for you.

BTW: Good Noink glass costs a fortune, Pentax has nicer cheap-er primes.
no kidding.
09-05-2008, 02:58 AM   #21
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Slovenia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 279
I don't see why one would switch to a worse camera from what he has now.
09-05-2008, 06:46 AM   #22
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
I don't see why one would switch to a worse camera from what he has now.
take it easy man ... people have different priorities for their cameras
some are willing to jump through all the hoops to get their DR from Fuji
and supposedly it has great JPEGs
09-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #23
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vilcabamba, Loja
Posts: 216
Entry-Level Samsung Sensor

QuoteOriginally posted by miriya Quote
1450mp Samsung sensor(like K20D).
not 1000mp Sony sensor (like K10D, K200D).
Of all the rumours I've read, the only ones that make sense to me are a Samsung sensor in a K200D replacement, and then if that sensor is currently in the K20D, logic would dictate a K20D upgrade as well. Everything else is just speculation and wishes. So here I go...
- A killer APS-C (the K20D upgrade possibly) is probably most likely. (The whining here will be incessant for reasons that will essentially be minutiae.)
- A 645D wouldn't surprise me that much. (A shot across the competitions bow. Will the price be reasonable? If they can pull that off...)
- A FilmFrame announcement would be a huge disappointment. (A regressive move that would not pay off. Face facts. Pentax doesn't care about your old lenses. They want you to buy new ones.)
- A 'pancake' camera shipping fairly soon is now unlikely because of the recent Samsung new mount announcement. (Good for my pocketbook because I would buy one after the first price drop.)
For me, the K200D is most interesting if it is an actual upgrade to my DS that will increase the number of 'keepers' I get significantly. I doubt that it will be though. Lotsa fun to speculate.

09-06-2008, 02:19 AM   #24
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,257
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
Of all the rumours I've read, the only ones that make sense to me are a Samsung sensor in a K200D replacement, and then if that sensor is currently in the K20D, logic would dictate a K20D upgrade as well. Everything else is just speculation and wishes. So here I go...
- A killer APS-C (the K20D upgrade possibly) is probably most likely. (The whining here will be incessant for reasons that will essentially be minutiae.)
- A 645D wouldn't surprise me that much. (A shot across the competitions bow. Will the price be reasonable? If they can pull that off...)
- A FilmFrame announcement would be a huge disappointment. (A regressive move that would not pay off. Face facts. Pentax doesn't care about your old lenses. They want you to buy new ones.)
- A 'pancake' camera shipping fairly soon is now unlikely because of the recent Samsung new mount announcement. (Good for my pocketbook because I would buy one after the first price drop.)
For me, the K200D is most interesting if it is an actual upgrade to my DS that will increase the number of 'keepers' I get significantly. I doubt that it will be though. Lotsa fun to speculate.
But somehow a smaller body than the K200D would still make sense, being a K300D or a K2000D, whatever. Something like an EOS1000D (size-wise I mean )
09-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #25
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vilcabamba, Loja
Posts: 216
Small Camera

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
But somehow a smaller body than the K200D would still make sense, being a K300D or a K2000D, whatever. Something like an EOS1000D (size-wise I mean )
I agree, calling it the 'pancake' camera, but the Samsung announcement about their new mount makes me think its unlikely. Additionally, my argument against FilmFrame also applies to the pancake camera. They already have my money because of my purchase of all the pancake lenses. It would make more financial sense to release a new body and mount; and rejig the pancake lenses so I had to buy them all over again.
The more I think about it, the less likely I see FilmFrame. Can you imagine the whining and tech support nightmares there's going to be from people who have bought $50 30 year old zooms at a pawn shop? They're going to post their pictures and say, "Look at all the purple fringing at the outer edges! This camera sucks!" So, I see a K20D APS-C upgrade as most likely.
I don't think the 'entry-level' will be smaller than the K200D. I would make a small camera a premium product. It's not like the pancake set are exactly cheap. The fact Leica sells even one camera ever shows me that this strategy would work. Miniaturization is expensive.
09-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #26
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,238
I think that new K2000D will change K200D close to winter. K200D can stay on market under name Samsung GX-200.

Last edited by ogl; 09-08-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
entry, function, level, liveview, pentax news, pentax rumors, sensor, sony
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KX entry level? Racing Widow Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 8 11-18-2009 01:22 PM
which entry level slr to buy... jensp2m Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 22 05-28-2009 04:08 PM
Entry level camera wish list Busiko Pentax News and Rumors 60 09-03-2008 11:50 PM
Entry level Pentax 67? germar Pentax Medium Format 13 06-30-2008 08:17 AM
Entry level pricing better than ever regken Pentax News and Rumors 5 10-21-2007 08:28 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:50 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top