Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 53 Likes Search this Thread
04-22-2021, 10:12 AM   #106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had uninstalled image sync from my iPhone because I was having problems with WiFi Commander (wasn't necessary to do so) and after reinstalling it I'm having difficulties getting it synced to my camera again. I can't use WiFi Commander outside my home so I'll need to get image sync figured out so I can use it with my iPad when away from home.

04-22-2021, 11:41 AM   #107
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
I had uninstalled image sync from my iPhone because I was having problems with WiFi Commander (wasn't necessary to do so) and after reinstalling it I'm having difficulties getting it synced to my camera again. I can't use WiFi Commander outside my home so I'll need to get image sync figured out so I can use it with my iPad when away from home.
My KP sources WiFi independently of any other source.
When it is active, my iPhone sees both the KP and my home-based WiFi.
I connect iPhone to the KP source, then use Image Sync as I would use any other web-based recipient.
04-22-2021, 12:12 PM   #108
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
My KP sources WiFi independently of any other source.
When it is active, my iPhone sees both the KP and my home-based WiFi.
I connect iPhone to the KP source, then use Image Sync as I would use any other web-based recipient.
Since I am just now breaching into this process, I am not fully aware of what all I can or will do using Image Sync and or WiFi Commander. It is my hope that I will be able to use the programs to take and save photos to my computer or iPad and also to the memory card in the camera at the same time. My previous experience with Canon cameras and a tethering program allowed saving to both as a back-up insurance. With my luck, I need that back-up.
04-22-2021, 12:22 PM   #109
Pentaxian

Since I am just now breaching into this process, I am not fully aware of what all I can or will do using Image Sync and or WiFi Commander. It is my hope that I will be able to use the programs to take and save photos to my computer or iPad and also to the memory card in the camera at the same time. My previous experience with Canon cameras and a tethering program allowed saving to both as a back-up insurance. With my luck, I need that back-up.
Under normal conditions, I would not use “Image Sync” to transfer images; I’d use a cable between camera and computer or plug SD card info computer as normal. I’ve just ‘played’ with “Image Sync”, but honestly, it seems awfully slow to me.

Last edited by reh321; 04-22-2021 at 12:27 PM.
04-22-2021, 05:09 PM   #110
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Under normal conditions, I would not use “Image Sync” to transfer images; I’d use a cable between camera and computer or plug SD card info computer as normal. I’ve just ‘played’ with “Image Sync”, but honestly, it seems awfully slow to me.
Like I said, I'm just getting started with WiFi Commander and Image Sync. I'm not at all experienced with either so I'm sort of winging it and learning as I go. I had some experience and luck with PK Tether, but it doesn't work with the K70.
04-22-2021, 06:06 PM   #111
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It is my hope that I will be able to use the programs to take and save photos to my computer or iPad and also to the memory card in the camera at the same time.
Yes, both do that. Pictures are saved to the card as normal, then you transfer pictures to your device.
04-22-2021, 07:10 PM   #112

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
On my phone (Android) they're in the /Pictures/Image Sync folder (on the internal storage)
I found 4 folders for image sync. 1 had a single RAW image. Still looking for 3 more RAW files in a folder someplace.

04-23-2021, 01:15 AM   #113
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
It does in shooting mode in the latest version. Outside of that, they haven’t enabled it to do so.
Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.
04-23-2021, 01:35 AM   #114
Pentaxian

The procedure is almost the same: first enable the camera wifi, then connect the iPad to the camera wifi lan, then open the app.

More details here: Connection Method / Image Sync / APP / DOWNLOAD / SUPPORT | RICOH IMAGING
04-23-2021, 02:30 AM   #115
Pentaxian

I'd like to remember about Keep the overview on the increasing tethering options for Pentax cameras - PentaxForums.com

04-23-2021, 02:39 AM - 1 Like   #116
Pentaxian

For Wireless Commander for Pentax you have to add K-3 MkIII and GR III
04-23-2021, 04:03 AM   #117
Veteran Member

Thank You for the link. Next week will be Wireless Commander week. I will give it a try with both K-1 and K-70.
04-23-2021, 05:21 AM   #118
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
A trick to improve the wireless images transfer is to put the camera in playback mode or, with a minor effect, turn off the camera rear lcd.
And to buy a new camera?
The GRiii is decent, about 10 seconds per RAW. I remember seeing a video showing much faster transfer speeds with the K-3iii... was it posted on the forum, by chance?
04-23-2021, 05:34 AM   #119
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
And to buy a new camera?
The GRiii is decent, about 10 seconds per RAW. I remember seeing a video showing much faster transfer speeds with the K-3iii... was it posted on the forum, by chance?
RAW with max resolution and quality? My K-1 MkIII has these limits:
04-23-2021, 05:53 AM   #120
Veteran Member

Oh nice. Need to test this version, previous wouldn't connect to my GRIII.