Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 53 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2021, 06:11 AM   #121
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
RAW with max resolution and quality?
RAW is RAW, there's no sRAW option on the GR iii.

04-23-2021, 11:04 AM   #122
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Syncing small jpgs regardless of camera settings is something I miss but my cameras k-1 and grii unfortunately wont get that feature if I understand correctly.
04-23-2021, 11:16 AM   #123
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
Syncing small jpgs regardless of camera settings is something I miss but my cameras k-1 and grii unfortunately wont get that feature if I understand correctly.
Yeah, it would be pretty cool... I'd use that feature quite often.
04-23-2021, 11:19 AM   #124
Pentaxian

I think I read that the k-3 iii can do this.

04-25-2021, 11:33 AM   #125
Pentaxian

Yep with the K3-III is possible to sync extra small jpeg despite the pictures settings
04-25-2021, 11:37 AM - 1 Like   #126
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Yep with the K3-III is possible to sync extra small jpeg despite the pictures settings
Thats very useful, I find syncing large files slow and when I sync wirelessly its for instant sharing. People kind of expect you to be able to send them a picture on the spot.
06-15-2021, 07:43 AM   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On further use, I find it still disconnects a lot... I'm guessing when it says Wifi, it's not Wifi as we know it... it's acting more like bluetooth, with very limited range. Maybe it's super low power wifi to conserve battery... not sure the deal but it disconnects way to often, like every other shutter release. I really don't care about file transfer speeds, just would be nice if it could maintain a persistent connection for using as a remote and review device when using a tripod etc.
Eric

06-15-2021, 08:35 AM   #128
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
On further use, I find it still disconnects a lot... I'm guessing when it says Wifi, it's not Wifi as we know it... it's acting more like bluetooth, with very limited range. Maybe it's super low power wifi to conserve battery... not sure the deal but it disconnects way to often, like every other shutter release. I really don't care about file transfer speeds, just would be nice if it could maintain a persistent connection for using as a remote and review device when using a tripod etc.
Eric
I’ve never compared the strength of the WiFi signal generated by my KP to the strength of the WiFi signal generated by our router, but has been consistent.
Of course, I’ve never had to depend on it since the KP does have a “flippy” LCD.
06-25-2021, 10:33 PM   #129
Forum Member

Interesting
06-26-2021, 04:53 AM   #130
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Eric
Hmmm, that's interesting. I use image sync practically every time I'm shooting. I've never had it disconnect from the camera unless I turn the camera off (obviously) at which point, I need to go back into my phone's wifi settings to reconnect and turn wifi back on in the camera. As long as I keep the camera alive, Bluetooth and wifi stay connected. Keep in mind that it is susceptible to radio interference bfrom other devices running at about the same frequency range.
06-26-2021, 05:00 AM   #131
Pentaxian

I am running Image Synch on an IPad. The WiFi link to my K-1 is very unreliable. Often need to restart Image Synch several times to get anything transfered. I really wish I knew how to fix this.
06-26-2021, 06:05 AM   #132
scc
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok, again problems with that App.
I can have it working on my iPas with IOS 12.5 but not on my iPhone with IOS 14.6.
It doesn’t connect to the WiFi of my KP.
Anyone else has the issue?
06-30-2021, 01:48 PM   #133
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, the APP is really something Ricoh could work on (same applied for their theta app)
07-01-2021, 01:37 PM   #134

QuoteOriginally posted by scc Quote
Ok, again problems with that App.
I can have it working on my iPas with IOS 12.5 but not on my iPhone with IOS 14.6.
It doesn’t connect to the WiFi of my KP.
Anyone else has the issue?
I have the same problem under recent versions of IOS. It was working originally when I got my KP in Dec. of 2018. According to the instructions it has to be the only active wifi connection when in use. I probably should try telling my iphone to forget my home wifi before trying to use the app again, which is something I've been reluctant to do.
07-01-2021, 01:50 PM   #135
Pentaxian

With an older version I had problems on my phone because it got confused between the cellular data and the wifi. For it to work reliably I had to switch cellular data off. Might be worth a try, I had an Android phone though and dunno if iphones have that setting.