Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2019, 12:33 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I Don't have keyboard with my iPad, will never buy one, keep it more light and portable.

03-15-2019, 08:32 AM   #32

Time needed for preview

I have checked the time for preview from K1 to iPhone SE within a distance of 20 cm. I have used an SD card with only one folder containing 500 pictures.

The preview for these pictures needs about two and a half minute (2:39).

Assume you have started your holiday with an emtpy SD card. Now you have been on holiday for a week, and you've made about 2000 pictures. This means, you have to wait about 10 minutes before you can download the one picture with the children and the icecream you've just made and send it to grandma.
03-15-2019, 09:56 AM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by siegbert Quote
Assume you have started your holiday with an emtpy SD card. Now you have been on holiday for a week, and you've made about 2000 pictures. This means, you have to wait about 10 minutes before you can download the one picture with the children and the icecream you've just made and send it to grandma.
Very true. Although I am not sure if WiFi tethering is aimed at travel / vacation photography. When I do "studio" (macro / portrait), I fit in a couple a 16G empty SD cards and it just works fine.

---------- Post added 15-03-19 at 18:00 ----------

This means, you have to wait about 10 minutes before you can download the one picture with the children and the icecream you've just made and send it to grandma.
You don't have to wait if SD1 is the shooting card and SD2 is the jpeg export select card. On my K1s, I use SD1 for RAWs, and when I want to to share photographs I export shots selected in SD1 JPEG convert / XS resize to SD2 and the default SD slot in my phone Image sync is SD2, so that the update on the phone takes about 10 to 20 seconds.
03-15-2019, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #34
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
You don't have to wait if SD1 is the shooting card and SD2 is the jpeg export select card. On my K1s, I use SD1 for RAWs, and when I want to to share photographs I export shots selected in SD1 JPEG convert / XS resize to SD2 and the default SD slot in my phone Image sync is SD2, so that the update on the phone takes about 10 to 20 seconds.
Yes, that's a very good setup - output to a mostly empty card gets around the delay for the app to enumerate the pics on it.

03-15-2019, 01:02 PM   #35
Pentaxian

I have checked the time for preview from K1 to iPhone SE within a distance of 20 cm. I have used an SD card with only one folder containing 500 pictures.

The preview for these pictures needs about two and a half minute (2:39).

first of all, I’d use my iPhone to take that kind of picture in order to send it right away. Second of all my daughters grandma cant really use smartphone. She will be happy to get posted greeting. But I get your point.

---------- Post added 03-15-19 at 22:05 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yes, that's a very good setup - output to a mostly empty card gets around the delay for the app to enumerate the pics on it.
I’d freak out of having all of my phototrip/holiday photos on one or 2 cards. 2000 images, one hickup, 2000 images gone. That is one of reasons I have several cards or laptop to store pictures daily.
03-16-2019, 11:48 AM   #36

Thanks for your hint to copy thepictures to a second, empty SD Card and reduce time for preview. I've tried now with version2.0.3, but it's tricky:
  1. Turn off camera, insert second card
  2. Turn on camera, copy the picture you want to send out to the empty card
  3. Turn off camera, remove main card. Don't try with main card in camera, image sync will freeze.
  4. Turn on camera, turn on Wifi
  5. Select the right Wifi onyour Smartphone
  6. Use image sync to transfer
  7. Turn off camera.
  8. Send out your picture with a messenger
  9. Insert main card again to camera, remove second card. Don't try with second card in camera ! The camera will use it for saving your pictures from now on and tomorrow you won't have an empty card any more.
  10. Don't forget your second card in the restaurant.
Yes, that works, but it's not reallythe way I wanted to handle my camera for long time.

On the other hand, is it that big dealfor image sync, first to ask for one folder of the main card and thenstart preview with this folder only ?

Or, as an other proposal, touse the copy function in the camera, making it possible, to copy notonly to the other SD card, but to 'copy to WiFi' also ?

For a long time I've wished, that I cansend out my pictures during a journey. Send out that picture I took one hour ago with 300mm from a rare bird for example. Send out as every smartphonecan send out it's pictures.

And I can imaging, that there are many other users with thesame wish. So please, make it easy to use to transfer a picture to a smartphone..
03-16-2019, 03:28 PM - 1 Like   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like you are just terribly underwhelmed and expecting a great deal of improvement.

Here is an alternative: I use a WD My Passport Wireless for in field back up, and it conveniently has a hotspot for communicating with the phone/tablet/laptop, and software connectivity to LR CC mobile... As for the ImageSync App, it is a go to app for me when doing creative selfies, to get just the right composition. Added benefit of creating a back up copy too!

Like this one

03-17-2019, 02:58 AM   #38
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DeKay Quote
I cant understand why it doesn’t have a landscape mode. I have the 13” iPad Pro with a Logitech keyboard case. Spends all its time in landscape mode, but fire up image sync and I have to take it off the keyboard and hold it in portrait mode.
I mean, come on, auto app rotation has been in iOS since the beginning. I’m starting to wonder if the author of this app actually uses it.
Afaik it's just ticking a checkbox in xcode to enable auto rotate. Maybe their code is a bit of a hack ported from the android version and breaks the ui when rotated.
03-23-2019, 05:28 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am thinking to try Image Sync. While using Image Sync with the camera in liveview mode, is it possible to select the focus point on the phone? I want to take some selfies
03-23-2019, 09:15 AM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
I am thinking to try Image Sync. While using Image Sync with the camera in liveview mode, is it possible to select the focus point on the phone? I want to take some selfies
Just try it. It is free yes you can use it just fine if you have AF lens, just point on phone/pad screen where you want ut to focus. If accuiered focus, it will hold it there. Then take a shot, and done!
05-18-2019, 02:42 PM - 1 Like   #41
Pentaxian

Image Sync Update 2.04

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by alpheios Quote
iOS version is also updated with support for K-1 II and iOS 11.2. It’s just a minor update not the promised 2.0 version yet.
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
New version of Image Sync was just pushed to my android tablet. This version adds support for the K-1 Mark II.
New Update! Version 2.04 Image Sync / APP / DOWNLOAD / SUPPORT | RICOH IMAGING
05-30-2019, 11:26 PM   #42
Forum Member

Hi anyone using image sync for kp? Connects but doesn't allow the shutter button to take a photogrpah. How can I remedy this ease? Using with android phone honor 8x
06-01-2019, 12:47 AM   #43
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ubjy Quote
Hi anyone using image sync for kp? Connects but doesn't allow the shutter button to take a photogrpah. How can I remedy this ease? Using with android phone honor 8x
Hi ubjy, This may be of help there is a full explanation of the functions/settings by "K-model" at this location: Functional Explanation / Image Sync / APP / DOWNLOAD / SUPPORT | RICOH IMAGING

The settings for the KP are slightly different from my K-70!
06-01-2019, 08:47 AM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They broke reading from sd slot 2 again. So frustrating - and amazing that a corporation the size of Ricoh can’t fix this app.
06-01-2019, 09:48 AM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is there a summary somewhere of the working and not working features of the app?