Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2019, 08:07 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
They broke reading from sd slot 2 again. So frustrating - and amazing that a corporation the size of Ricoh can’t fix this app.
after this long, "can't fix" can be switched with "don't care about."

some guy in his basement made this app: Pentax Image Sender - Apps on Google Play
it is super fast and far superior to the one generated by one of america's megacorporations

06-03-2019, 08:52 AM   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
the one generated by one of america's megacorporations
?????
06-04-2019, 06:33 AM   #48
Forum Member

simple anwer

QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
Is there a summary somewhere of the working and not working features of the app?
I, for my part, have a simnple answer.
All works like a charm for me. Samsung A5 (2017) + Pentax K-1 works perfect.

Best from Germany
Georg
06-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
it is super fast and far superior to the one generated by one of america's megacorporations
Ahrrr, companies get bigger and bigger up to a point where they are too fat and slow for the managers to even have a clue of what's going on down under 5 or 6 levels of management. When a business unit doesn't perform well, they sell it and buy another small company to patch the missing bit in the income statement.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 06-04-2019 at 12:51 PM.
07-31-2019, 11:16 PM - 2 Likes   #50

Connection brakedown, K1 hang up

I've used my iPhone as remote control for K1. The connection is not stable. Sometimes I can take about 20 pictures before the connection brakes, but sometimes the connection brakes after two or three pictures.

For the test I have set the function dial to WiFi. And I have turned off Liveview with the remote control on the iPhone. Then I took as much pictures as possible.

When the connections brakes, the camera's WiFi (not the iPhone !) is confused. The monitor of the camera show's WiFi is on and the blue WiFi lamp is on too. But that's not real ! When turning the setting dial once, the monitor show's off, but the blue WiFi lamp keeps on ! When turning the setting dial a second time, the monitor shows, that the dial is turning, but according to the monitor, the WiFi keeps off, while according to the blue lamp, WiFi keeps on.

Going into the setup-menu, the menu show's WiFi is on. When trying to turn off WiFi by menu, the camera stops working, displaying „Data being processed“ forever. The only way to go ahead is to turn off the camera and turn on again.

Afterwards it's possible to turn on WiFi by the setting dial and reconnect with the iPhone and do some more shots until the camera is confused again.

(K1 mark I, V1.50; Image Sync Ver 2.0.4; iPhone 6, Software12.4)
08-14-2019, 11:33 AM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had pretty much identical behavior as yours does on my SS Galaxy Note 4, and now on my S10+, so yeah, you are not alone in apple town.
Eric

QuoteOriginally posted by siegbert Quote
I've used my iPhone as remote control for K1. The connection is not stable. Sometimes I can take about 20 pictures before the connection brakes, but sometimes the connection brakes
after two or three pictures.

For the test I have set the function dial to WiFi. And I have turned off Liveview with the remote control on the iPhone. Then I took as much pictures as possible.

When the connections brakes, the camera's WiFi (not the iPhone !) is confused. The monitor of the camera show's WiFi is on and the blue WiFi lamp is on too. But that's not real ! When turning the setting dial once, the monitor show's off, but the blue WiFi lamp keeps on ! When turning the setting dial a second time, the monitor shows, that the dial is turning, but according to the monitor, the WiFi keeps off, while according to the blue lamp, WiFi keeps on.

Going into the setup-menu, the menu show's WiFi is on. When trying to turn off WiFi by menu, the camera stops working, displaying „Data being processed“ forever. The only way to go ahead is to turn off the camera and turn on again.

Afterwards it's possible to turn on WiFi by the setting dial and reconnect with the iPhone and do some more shots until the camera is confused again.

(K1 mark I, V1.50; Image Sync Ver 2.0.4; iPhone 6, Software12.4)
09-18-2019, 06:45 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
2.0.6 showed up today as an update for my iThing.

Random bug fixes it seems...

There is a cryptic apology about the continued bugginess of the Bluetooth implementation.

-Eric

09-18-2019, 06:51 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote

There is a cryptic apology about the continued bugginess of the Bluetooth implementation.

-Eric

It's embarassing to think that a technology company the size of Ricoh cant manage to get Blue Tooth connectivity to work. I use the App now and again, I'll have to see if I have automatically been updated.
09-19-2019, 05:36 AM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote

-Eric
There is an update for x.6 also available for my android today. The apology wasnt all that cryptic, at least on android play it clearly apologizes for the buggy bluetooth and says to use wireless lan until they can get the bluetooth sorted, which is a stated intent. Haven't tried it yet but have it downloaded. I'll take this as a net positive that they are aware, have a work around, and are working on a long term solution for it.
The other Eric
09-22-2019, 05:03 AM   #55

Stable remote control with empty SD card

When taking pictures with Image sync version 2.0.6 the connection to my iPhone is stable now. No hangups, mostly the camera reacts at once, sometimes it needs a few seconds. I can also see the preview of the picture I have just taken.

That's fine ! Have fun taking pictures !

When using the „Transfer“ button in the preview to download the picture I've just taken, the problems of an instable connection begin again.

As long as I use an empty SD card in the camera everything is fine. But if there are several pictures on the SD card from my shootings within the last weeks, the transfer of the one picture just taken pauses from time to time and sometimes it stops forever. Only pictures with very small resolution are possible to transfer.

I think, the reason is, that in the background the app tries to synchronise the hole SD card with a lot of old pictures with my smartphone and downloads a preview of all these picture !

As I know, there is not way to stop the download of the hole SD cards, even if you only want to use the app as a remote control and download the one picture just taken.

So, have fun with an emtpy SD card !

(Image Sync Ver 2.0.6; K1 mark I,V1.51; iPhone 6, Software 12.4.1)
10-01-2019, 10:24 AM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, this imagy sync thing is usefull but far from a completed tool... sadly
10-01-2019, 10:30 AM   #57
Pentaxian

after this long, "can't fix" can be switched with "don't care about."

some guy in his basement made this app: Pentax Image Sender - Apps on Google Play
Which American 'megacorporation' are you blaming for this tool??
10-02-2019, 06:23 AM   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Which American 'megacorporation' are you blaming for this tool??
whoopsie daisy. i guess since megacorporations the world over are essentially modeling american ones, i could only say, 'megacorporations will be megacorporations' and hope you get it.
12-03-2019, 06:08 AM - 2 Likes   #59
Pentaxian

Image Sync for iOS and Android was updated to version 2.10 today.

[For all models]
  • iOS 13 support
  • Android OS 10 support
  • Bug fix for forced termination error

[For RICOH GR III]
  • Improved automatic wireless LAN connectivity via Bluetooth

About the release of Image Sync V2.1.0 (iOS, Android™) | RICOH IMAGING
12-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Most excellent news! I am so happy , not just that the app might be fixed, but the fact that they are actually giving it any attention at all is a welcome sign!!!
Thanks for sharing, I just looked at my phone and hadn't noticed the app had self-updated 12hrs ago. Sneaky android!
Can't wait to try it out, I've been missing this app, it really has a lot of uses for me, and I miss it working properly.
Eric

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Image Sync for iOS and Android was updated to version 2.10 today.

[For all models]
  • iOS 13 support
  • Android OS 10 support
  • Bug fix for forced termination error

[For RICOH GR III]
  • Improved automatic wireless LAN connectivity via Bluetooth

About the release of Image Sync V2.1.0 (iOS, Android™) | RICOH IMAGING