Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 53 Likes Search this Thread
07-01-2021, 02:09 PM   #136
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by scc Quote
Ok, again problems with that App.
I can have it working on my iPas with IOS 12.5 but not on my iPhone with IOS 14.6.
It doesn’t connect to the WiFi of my KP.
Anyone else has the issue?
i am running version 14.6 on my iPhone8.
When I first started it up today, it could fetch recent photos from my phone - photos that had been taken since I last ran ImageSync,
but when I tried to control the camera, it was in "continuous" mode {unlike the camera itself}, and hung when I tried to change it.a
I rebooted the phone {which broke its WiFi connection to my KP}, and then I could change to "single-shot} mode" {which is what the camera was set to}, and then seemed to work normally {I took 3 pix of the TV and verified that they agreed with what I was seeing - including 2 in which one of our cats was in the pix}.

Last edited by reh321; 07-01-2021 at 03:11 PM.
07-08-2021, 09:01 AM   #137
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Oh nice. Need to test this version, previous wouldn't connect to my GRIII.
Good to know.
This was the issue with the GRiii, wasn't it?

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
New version of Image Sync works, so my issues were definitely from the app..

Last edited by reh321; 07-08-2021 at 09:17 AM.
07-08-2021, 01:38 PM   #138
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BryantCP Quote
I probably should try telling my iphone to forget my home wifi before trying to use the app again, which is something I've been reluctant to do.
I've had success by deselecting the "auto connect" feature for my home wifi and selecting "auto connect" for the camera's wifi. Otherwise, every time there was momentary wifi glitch, the phone went back to my home wifi. Not sure this option is available for I phones, but assume it is.
07-08-2021, 01:43 PM   #139
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rogerstg Quote
I've had success by deselecting the "auto connect" feature for my home wifi and selecting "auto connect" for the camera's wifi. Otherwise, every time there was momentary wifi glitch, the phone went back to my home wifi. Not sure this option is available for I phones, but assume it is.
I just tell my iPhone to disconnect from whatever WiFi it is attached to {usually my home system} - then tell it to connect to the KP.

07-09-2021, 06:00 AM   #140
Veteran Member

Most recent app allows me to connect to my griii finally.. I might turn off auto updates, to make sure it won't break again.
09-14-2021, 03:25 PM   #141
Pentaxian

Image Sync V2.1.8 was released on 14 September.

Image Sync / APP / DOWNLOAD / SUPPORT | RICOH IMAGING

QuoteOriginally posted by Ricoh Imaging:
  • Available for "RICOH GR IIIx" scheduled to be released in early October.
    [For RICOH GR III]
    "RICOH GRIII" firmware version 1.50 or later must be updated to use this version.
  • The JPEG image resizing transfer function is possible that will be added to the GR III firmware version 1.50 scheduled to be released in early October.
  • You can keep Image Sync running and transmit location information to the GR III even while the smartphone is asleep or when using another app.
This is a bit odd: this update of Image Sync is meant for the GR IIIx, which won't be available until 1st October 2021, and the GR III, provided the latter's firmware is updated to a version that won't be available until early October.

If so, why this update now?
09-14-2021, 03:54 PM   #142
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote

This is a bit odd: this update of Image Sync is meant for the GR IIIx, which won't be available until 1st October 2021, and the GR III, provided the latter's firmware is updated to a version that won't be available until early October.

I guess the Image Sync team isn't in sync with the firmware team...

It doesn't even mention the generic "improved stability" or whatever that would imply other improvements.

-Eric

09-14-2021, 04:04 PM - 2 Likes   #143
Pentaxian

It's too bad the XS resize transfer isn't available for the K-1. It makes transferring social media sized images very fast on the K-3 III while a full size jpg takes around 30 seconds on the K-1.
09-14-2021, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #144
Pentaxian

GRIIIx available September 17 in some regions.
09-14-2021, 09:42 PM - 1 Like   #145
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jslifoaw Quote
It's too bad the XS resize transfer isn't available for the K-1. It makes transferring social media sized images very fast on the K-3 III while a full size jpg takes around 30 seconds on the K-1.
Not a big deal. I shoot raw (SD1)+jpeg 2Meg(SD2), SD2 images readily transferable via ImageSync, no need to do anything, and it's real time.
09-14-2021, 11:57 PM   #146
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
It doesn't even mention the generic "improved stability" or whatever that would imply other improvements.
It is faster to start on my android phone so they must have done something since 2.17
09-15-2021, 10:42 AM   #147
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Luck! I've been using Image Sync for a while, always had the K1 / Phone Wifi link unpredictably stop, making it a pain to use. Updated Image Sync to 2.1.8, now it works reliably. Let's call it luck.
09-15-2021, 11:48 AM   #148
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Not a big deal. I shoot raw (SD1)+jpeg 2Meg(SD2), SD2 images readily transferable via ImageSync, no need to do anything, and it's real time.
Yes, agreed - sometimes I do like having the full resolution jpg immediately accessible, though I can also develop the raw into a jpg in camera to produce the full resolution version.

I also took for granted the K-1 can also resize jpgs in camera and so one way or another, there's options.
09-22-2021, 10:39 AM   #149
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote

Do we know that Image Sync is written by Ricoh employees or could it be a product of an outside software shop?
If the latter, releases could be completely independent of hardware work.
09-22-2021, 11:24 AM - 1 Like   #150
Pentaxian

Just to add my experience with 2.1.8

It seems its significantly faster to connect. It also so far hasn't gotten confused with me switching between the GR and the K-1. Shockingly it seems to just work at the moment! Previously I'd get stuck eventually with the app refusing to connect. Having to go trough power cycles etc. to coax it back in action. So far no need for this with 2.1.8