Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2021, 06:56 AM   #181
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Henk T Quote
I downloaded the new Android version but it still fails for me as I'm unable to get it connected to my K-1 and K-70.
The error message shows wifi connection failure, though the app recognizes my camera SSID.
Better stick with my excellent Micnova remote controls for shots on tripod.
Yeah, I've been getting that error lately as well. Seriously, it cannot be *that* hard to make two devices pair up can it?

12-19-2021, 07:42 AM   #182
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Seriously, it cannot be *that* hard to make two devices pair up can it?
The code to “pair up” may not be the problem.
It might fail afterwards, then pull the whole system - including the recently achieved ‘pairing’ - with it.q
12-19-2021, 08:07 AM   #183
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, I've been getting that error lately as well. Seriously, it cannot be *that* hard to make two devices pair up can it?
Under what circumstances would you need to pair two cameras at the same time to ImageSync? Simply curious.
12-19-2021, 08:20 AM   #184
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Under what circumstances would you need to pair two cameras at the same time to ImageSync? Simply curious.
I mean the phone and the camera

---------- Post added 12-19-21 at 08:21 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The code to “pair up” may not be the problem.
It might fail afterwards, then pull the whole system - including the recently achieved ‘pairing’ - with it.q
Well every other bluetooth- or wifi-based device I have works well. The camera doesn't.

12-19-2021, 08:53 AM   #185
Loyal Site Supporter

I mean the phone and the camera
Oh. Gotcha!

I haven't used ImageSync after installing their new version, but I'll see if pairing is a problem for me too.
12-19-2021, 09:37 AM   #186
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just checked and it connects as usual. I could remotely trigger the shutter and download the images.
12-20-2021, 02:03 PM   #187

I have now been able to connect a few times. Don't know the reason why, I may have earlier misread the password or maybe with switching the app off and on.
With the camera (K-1) on 3 sec delay remote control (as I use to do on tripod) the app shows a message "Set the drive mode to single frame shooting mode" and it won't fire in this mode.
Changing camera settings frequently results in disconnection and the password has to be re-entered each time upon reconnecting.
Standing in the cold with my gloves on it will be easier to press the button on my IR remote control device.

12-21-2021, 11:02 AM   #188
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ONce it works flawlessly for me, one absolutely not. The fuller the SD Card (256gb) the higher the chance of no connection
12-26-2021, 06:36 AM   #189
GLM

Must check to see if mine needs updating!
12-26-2021, 11:57 AM   #190
Pentaxian

Since I've set it up, Image Sync connects without issues. K-3 III with the iPhone 12.

Last edited by Smolk; 12-26-2021 at 04:19 PM.
12-26-2021, 01:16 PM   #191
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've not used Image Sync other than some preliminary experimenting when I bought my K-70. Maybe I should update the app and try again. I did recently update to a newer iPhone.
12-26-2021, 02:19 PM   #192
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Connecting with Image Sync is a pain. It never worked for me from first try, often disconnects, Image Sync tends to forget settings and ask for reconnect. I use phone WiFi settings as workaround and added my K-3 as a network. So I connect phone to camera WiFi first and then start Image Sync. It is less buggy that way as connection is not reliant on Image Sync app but phone WiFi app and those are stable.

Most bugged and irritating piece of software I haveever used, sadly no alternative and I do not like to haul additional gear.
12-26-2021, 06:27 PM   #193
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, Image Sync is not my favorite app ever...
It's been terribly unstable since I can remember, with problems connecting, problems viewing, and problems transferring images.

In the latest couple of revisions, though, it's gone from completely infuriating to just being hugely annoying, which is progress, I guess...

Image transfers with newer versions seem to take much less time on the KP, but it still takes forever to load the thumbnails (and the phone times out if I'm not careful, causing issues, etc.)

But when the stars align, it's very nice to have, and I've had much better luck shooting with it than transferring with it...

-Eric
12-27-2021, 03:39 AM   #194
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
Since I've set it up, Image Sync connects without issues. K-3 III with the iPhone 12.
Congratulations, I wish I could say so too! It works on my daughter’s iPhone whatever (newer and bigger than mine), but it refuses connect on my old iPhone SE. Perhaps an in-built cheepnis filter?
12-27-2021, 11:11 AM   #195
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
Congratulations, I wish I could say so too! It works on my daughter’s iPhone whatever (newer and bigger than mine), but it refuses connect on my old iPhone SE. Perhaps an in-built cheepnis filter?
I had the iPhone SE and recently upgraded to the newer SE2020. I have not tried Image Sync on it.