Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #106
Veteran Member

OK. If this is a rumor thread, then this is my "rumor" (basically predictions magically taken out of my head) of Pentax releases for Photokina:

1. New, digital ring flash
2. 1.4x SDM Teleconverter
3. K1000D/KM-D basically K200D without weatherseals for a cheaper price. Design might be a little smaller than K200D(or the same design), but still uses AA batteries and has SR.
4. Cheap KAF3 18-55mm kit lens released with K1000D/KM camera. Not SDM, but in lens focus motor, will not work on older models. Sold as kit with previously mentioned camera.
5. DA*55mm & DA*60-250mm final release date is a no-brainer.
6. Showing of DA 15mm LTD & DA*30mm
7. NDA stuff? (maybe a surprise?)
8. No FF camera in 2008

09-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #107
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
show future directions which involves FF and a new EVIL system....
Having seen the launch and the reaction to A900... boy, was I relieved that this camera was not made by Pentax. Even the Sony crowd at dpreview did not show the expected enthusiasm. The poll asking who would actually purchase the A900 only yielded a handful of confirmed yes.

I sincerely hope that Pentax's direction does not resemble A900. And I still feel that trying to get a piece of the pie in the 2-3% market segment with a $3,000+ Pentax camera would be too much of a risk.

EVIL, OTOH, is the future of consumer camera. Just not sure if Samsung's plan include Pentax or not.
09-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #108
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Having seen the launch and the reaction to A900... boy, was I relieved that this camera was not made by Pentax. Even the Sony crowd at dpreview did not show the expected enthusiasm. The poll asking who would actually purchase the A900 only yielded a handful of confirmed yes.

I sincerely hope that Pentax's direction does not resemble A900. ......
Man, Pentax still knows how to design cameras!
09-09-2008, 03:35 PM   #109
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Looking at the A900 and some sample shots (ISO400, ISO3200 and ISO6400).

1. Dead ugly design
2. ISO400 looks like ISO400 on my K10D
3. ISO3200 looks bad
4. ISO6400 unusable

The only good thing about this camera (the way I see it) is that with 24MP you get lots of crop room and when the pics are resized/printed in regular sizes you loose some of that noise. But why buy a camera with a 24MP FF sensor if you won't utilize it fully.
Sony just made another bad attempt at making a photo camera. But this is not a thread for bashing Sony, let's rather talk about what we expect from Pentax.

09-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #110

From Colonge

I emailed a fellow peacekeeper (Olympus Shooter) who has just returned to Colonge, and this was his response.

Yes, there are a lot of rumours going round at the moment and also Pentax s mentioned. It is true that most of the taxis in Cologne are driving around with the Pentax ads on the doors, I also saw them when I started working again last week.

Also think that Pentax has to show something for sure, but there is no detailed information available at the moment. Maybe the picture shows the expected K2000D, as a reaction to the 1000D of Canon. But possibly there is something bigger in the pipe? (K30D or so…) Who knows, some new DA lenses and a digital 645 are also on the agenda. Well, it’s always a very exiting time during the last weeks before the Photokina and I am enjoying following all this forums and stuff in the internet.

Anyway, I have my ticket already and on the 27th of September I will spend the whole day there. It is always a huge event as you can imagine.

I am not one to speculate, but this is starting to have a nice feel about it.

PK
09-09-2008, 05:03 PM   #111
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
Sony just made another bad attempt at making a photo camera. But this is not a thread for bashing Sony, let's rather talk about what we expect from Pentax.
as it was said, it seems that they managed to get SR working for FF sensor body, at least that is good...
09-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #112
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by Peacekeeper Quote
[SIZE="2"]I emailed a fellow peacekeeper (Olympus Shooter) who has just returned to Colonge, and this was his response.

[SIZE="1"][I]Yes, there are a lot of rumours going round at the moment and also Pentax s mentioned. It is true that most of the taxis in Cologne are driving around with the Pentax ads on the doors, I also saw them when I started working again last week.

Also think that Pentax has to show something for sure, but there is no detailed information available at the moment. Maybe the picture shows the expected K2000D, as a reaction to the 1000D of Can.........
Definitely the photo is not from the K2000D! So....

09-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #113
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Busiko Quote
Definitely the photo is not from the K2000D! So....

....its bad news. Ie Pentax biggest news is a facelifted K20D....
Lets hope for something more...
09-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #114

Being an Oly shooter, he is probably not fully up to speed on Pentax camera models. I know know that I am not on Olympus.

Though it is encouraging to see Pentax doing some advertising.

PK
09-09-2008, 11:12 PM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
....its bad news. Ie Pentax biggest news is a facelifted K20D....
Lets hope for something more...
I personally advise not to get our hopes too high.

Pentax registered new domain names for K20D and K200D 5 weeks before they were announced (6 weeks before PMA 2008). Now less than 13 days before the show, and much less for any potential Pentax press conference - No New Domain names for new camera models have yet been registered by Pentax. So there is a chance that we may not see any new models at Photokina at all.
09-09-2008, 11:56 PM   #116
Inactive Account

Pentax registered new domain names for K20D and K200D 5 weeks before they were announced (6 weeks before PMA 2008). Now less than 13 days before the show, and much less for any potential Pentax press conference - No New Domain names for new camera models have yet been registered by Pentax. So there is a chance that we may not see any new models at Photokina at all.
Pentax will release some interesting stuff
-Entry level 10mpixel camera (KM?). Improved SR, small size (the smallest APS-C body?)
-1 or 2 more cameras (not finished products though)
- DA 55 & DA 60-250
I'm 99% sure about the above products. That's rather news than rumors
09-10-2008, 01:41 AM   #117
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All information will be "unsealed" on September, 20.

Don't worry about size of K2000D. It's thing which DS/DL/K100D/pancakes users need.
09-10-2008, 01:57 AM   #118
Veteran Member

What if?

What if Pentax had not upgraded to the K20D when it did and offered a K10D Mkll when the K20D was launched and the K20D was launched at the up and coming Photokina in a few days, would our perception of Pentax have changed. "Wow, a 14.6 MP camera with a new sensor. Better AF and SR. Wow better noise floor, etc, etc. Geez, the K20D has not even been out for a year yet and we expect a radical change in 9 months.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ben
09-10-2008, 03:08 AM   #119
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
What if Pentax had not upgraded to the K20D when it did and offered a K10D Mkll when the K20D was launched and the K20D was launched at the up and coming Photokina in a few days, would our perception of Pentax have changed. "Wow, a 14.6 MP camera with a new sensor. Better AF and SR. Wow better noise floor, etc, etc. Geez, the K20D has not even been out for a year yet and we expect a radical change in 9 months.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ben
Hi, Ben!

Make that 6 months (March - September) but I think if possible, heck why not? Also it's possible as the K20D was annonced 24th of Jannuary and made available March to see a newer version now and be able to buy it in December for the Xmas season.

Radu
09-10-2008, 05:06 AM   #120
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Hi, Ben!

Make that 6 months (March - September) but I think if possible, heck why not? Also it's possible as the K20D was annonced 24th of Jannuary and made available March to see a newer version now and be able to buy it in December for the Xmas season.

Radu
my k10d will turn 2 in february 2009, just in time for a new body!
so i'd say, why not?

i get the new body, wife gets the k10, daughter gets the DL. good deal