Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2008, 04:19 AM   #91
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
I think what Ogl meant was that 50D came one year after 40D. Not that 50D will replace 40D in a year.

Sometimes it's hard for us foreigners to express our thoughts in the way we want.
Of course.

09-09-2008, 05:14 AM   #92
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If there indeed is a camera named the K20D Super in the pipeline, the naming indicate that it is a minor facelift of the current K20D. My guess is a slightly larger LCD panel and a slight boost in FPS. Anyhting more than that would warrant a new name for marketing reasons; if not K30D, at least K25D....
My guess is that Pentax will show this facelifted K20D and the "K2000D" at Photokina + show future directions which involves FF and a new EVIL system...
Just a guess thogh....
09-09-2008, 06:21 AM   #93
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
I think what Ogl meant was that 50D came one year after 40D. Not that 50D will replace 40D in a year.

Sometimes it's hard for us foreigners to express our thoughts in the way we want.
Of course Fejker, especially all 3 of us (you, me and ogl) have other native languages than English. Sometimes bits are lost in translation ...

Regards,
Radu
09-09-2008, 07:37 AM   #94
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hehe RaduA, I did say "us" and didn't leave you or anybody else out. There's something the English language does not know - duality.

09-09-2008, 07:54 AM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
My guess is a slightly larger LCD panel and a slight boost in FPS.
may be even not bigger, but w/ better resolution... and may be some liveview enhancements.
09-09-2008, 08:16 AM   #96
Veteran Member

Can't Wait

I really am looking forward to hearing what Pentax announces like the rest of you. I have a big event I am shooting in November and am looking at upgrading one of my K10D bodies to a K20D. I would prefer to get whatever they are going to unveil.

"If there indeed is a camera named the K20D Super in the pipeline, the naming indicate that it is a minor facelift of the current K20D. My guess is a slightly larger LCD panel and a slight boost in FPS."

As I occasionally shoot sports and am wow'd by the Nikon D3 and D300 LCD's I do hope they up the resolution on the LCD and increase the FPS. Could care less frankly about more MP or FF.

But I am curious...once Photokina takes place and they make the announcements...when do you think the cameras will actually hit the market? Again, I am curious because I will be making a purchase before an early November event and the sooner I can purchase and play with the new camera the better.
09-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #97
Veteran Member

PentaxK20DSuper.com and K20Dsuper.com are both available if anyone wants to jump on the speculation that this will be the next camera release. hahaha

09-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #98
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by pghwarrior23 Quote
I really am looking forward to hearing what Pentax announces like the rest of you. I have a big event I am shooting in November and am looking at upgrading one of my K10D bodies to a K20D. I would prefer to get whatever they are going to unveil.

"If there indeed is a camera named the K20D Super in the pipeline, the naming indicate that it is a minor facelift of the current K20D. My guess is a slightly larger LCD panel and a slight boost in FPS."
Hi,

It was largely documented here that a boost in fps is impossible with the current mirror box system capped at 3 fps. Further more I think (considering the K20D fps is really 2,9) that the processing power isn't there for more fps in the current Prime image processor. So "a boost in fps" means structural changes.
More minor ones and IMO doable without interfering with other parts are the LCD and a new AF system.
As I said before I hope that we'll have much more than just this two changes and the new camera will compete very close with D90 for best mid-range.

Radu
09-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #99
Veteran Member

something is definately on the horizon at photokina, as prices for the K20D here in the UK have suddenly dropped by up to £200 at various places, so something must be in the offering.

Hopefully it is a better AF and maybe FPS. Not sure if a bigger LCD will fit on the existing body though.
09-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
It was largely documented here that a boost in fps is impossible with the current mirror box system capped at 3 fps
do you mind to post a link to the topic, please.
09-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #101
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
do you mind to post a link to the topic, please.
By "here" I meant on this forum. No digital Pentax camera as of today has more than 3 fps regardless of resolution, and the 21 fps of the K20D are done without any mirror movement (hence without AF). At the time many asked for a 5-6 fps @6-10 Mp and this was the explanation (no more than 3 fps mechanically).

I could be wrong but I doubt it.
Radu
09-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #102
Pentaxian

By "here" I meant on this forum. No digital Pentax camera as of today has more than 3 fps regardless of resolution, and the 21 fps of the K20D are done without any mirror movement (hence without AF). At the time many asked for a 5-6 fps @6-10 Mp and this was the explanation (no more than 3 fps mechanically).

Radu
I remember that as well though I doubt it was official communication...
09-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #103
Veteran Member

Radu
that makes it less probably that K20DS will get it...
09-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #104
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
that makes it less probably that K20DS will get it...
Remember the operative words of my answer ... "as of today" ... but I got the feeling that Pentax will change a lot of its legacy systems.

Radu
09-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #105
Veteran Member

Remember the operative words of my answer ... "as of today" ... but I got the feeling that Pentax will change a lot of its legacy systems.

Radu
RaduA - you an opposite of RH... you praise Pentax like... like people used to praise Nikolae Ceauc(h)escu if you remember that.