Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2008, 05:16 AM   #181
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Also did anyone notice the TWO PC-sync ports?
that's tea and coffee outlets, or was it coffee and milk?

or perhaps you feed ground coffee into top one and it brews and comes out bottom?

or they are about right size for m&ms / pez / tic tacs etc. - holds 2 different flavours!

09-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #182
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
.. but it is essential for natureshooters
Janneman, that one is intended for EU commissioners only who shoot low, very low. And is forbidden in Islamic countries for the obvious reason.
09-17-2008, 01:09 AM   #183
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by miriya Quote
two famous rumor mouth in South Korea.

one always show us about Canon rumor, another shows Nikon rumor.
Canon - announce other at 9/18 correct

Pentax K20D upgrade version

hmmm.. maybe K20D super? what is upgrade point??
maybe same K20D camera body ... AF?? shutter box?
Pentax K20D upgrade version -- correct?
09-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #184
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
-- cf. signature --

09-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #185
Veteran Member

Falconeye, that's the best sig I've seen yet!
09-17-2008, 11:05 PM   #186
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unfortunately, Pentax will show only one real low-end camera. It's sad..
09-17-2008, 11:26 PM   #187
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I don't know. It would be too soon to lauch a K20D and/or K200D replacement after only 7-9 months.
If the K2000D or whatever its name is, will be manufacturead in the good Pentax tradition than it's ok (small, sturdy and full of features that the competion puts only on their semi-pro/pro cameras - see top LCD, 11 points focusing system (9 cross-type), compatibility witk all K Pentax lenses and more (M42, T/2, etc.), weather-sealed body for example, although I don't know if the last one will be present on the small Pentax ).
Pentax has to improve its marketing and to launch more lenses.

09-18-2008, 12:15 AM   #188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by montecarlo Quote
I don't know. It would be too soon to launch a K20D and/or K200D replacement after only 7-9 months.
Why should it be surprising?
Pentax announced the *ist DL2 in early 2006. Barely 6 months later the K100D/K110D was announced.
09-18-2008, 12:27 AM   #189
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Isn't this what you wished for?

Anyway I personally see no need for Pentax to come out with a bare bones low-end DSLR.
Isn't the K200D already fulfilling that position?
After all the camera is flexible enough to satisfy the rank beginner in DSLR photography yet has enough features to cater to the advanced enthusiast.

Having too many product lines that don't have a clear target market segmentation is wasteful from a marketing standpoint and counter productive sales wise. To give an example, can anyone clearly define the differences between the current models in Sony's DSLR line-up? Aside from the A900 & A700, which one should a newbie choose? Sony has the resources to test which cameras are commercial hits, it would be more challenging for Pentax to adopt this approach.
09-18-2008, 12:46 AM   #190
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Why should it be surprising?
Pentax announced the *ist DL2 in early 2006. Barely 6 months later the K100D/K110D was announced.
DL2 was more like a K100D Super. Very small changes were added to the DL (same for DS2 vs. DS). More, maybe they needed a new camera for the PMA 2006. As I remember K100D was launched in may/june '06.
3-4 lenses would be nice and if there would be cheaper primes (re-launching the FA 50mm f:1.7 or/and 28mm f:2.8 ), not limiteds than it's even better.
If the K2000D won't have the K200D's sensor (but a better one, CMOS maybe, for LV/movie stuff) than a future K200D (early '09 ?) successor could be possible. Just suppositions.
09-18-2008, 02:15 AM   #191
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by montecarlo Quote
DL2 was more like a K100D Super. Very small changes were added to the DL (same for DS2 vs. DS).
Even, istDL2 was only launched to several markets e.g. not in Europe but served as a base for Samsung GX1L (and the istDS2 a base for the GX1S).
09-18-2008, 03:27 AM   #192
RaduA

Cosmin, Thibs, Creampuff

IMO your starting point is not accurate so the result won't be accurate either. The new small camera doesn't need to be compared to K200D because it will fulfill another role in the Pentax range. I have little doubt that some here will thoroughly hate it for a reason, other or for no reason at all but I can assure you that:

- it is in another class than K200D due to the buyers perception and not Pentax' fan perception. It's simply the "first DSLR camera kind of thing" and IMO the first camera ever that Pentax build after a market research about its intented target;
- it is very well build (IMO very pretty camera) it feels nothing cheap about it;
- its features in regard to the direct competition are more than up to date and although obviously some of the K200D features were lost other more "first time user oriented" were added;
- it will make a perfect second camera for me and possibly for many others because it has tremendous advantages compared to all the older cameras in one way or another;
- as a kit for the foreseen MSRP it'll give a very serious run for the money to all entry levels in terms of features+performance/price ratio.

What can I say more, you have 4 more days to wait and you'll make your own opinion at least from the datasheet/previews.

Radu
09-18-2008, 05:14 AM   #193
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know that it really COOL. And even unique for Pentax's digital time.
But what is about K20D super/K30D?
09-18-2008, 06:30 AM   #194
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Cosmin, Thibs, Creampuff

IMO your starting point is not accurate so the result won't be accurate either.
Maybe. I was just responding to Creampuf about the DL2/DS2 not being new model but merely an update. They might have been brought to market with DL super and DS super name as well.

- it is in another class than K200D due to the buyers perception and not Pentax' fan perception. It's simply the "first DSLR camera kind of thing" and IMO the first camera ever that Pentax build after a market research about its intented target;
I'm on my bottom on this one. Could this be true? Really? Pentax heard to voice of reason ! Yeah

- it is very well build (IMO very pretty camera) it feels nothing cheap about it;
I'm convinced of this. This is Pentax, not Canon.

- its features in regard to the direct competition are more than up to date and although obviously some of the K200D features were lost other more "first time user oriented" were added;
Mmm I'll beleive because I have no other choice . I'd be a bit surprised but would welcome that *much*. Maybe Hoyas influence starts on this one?

-- it will make a perfect second camera for me and possibly for many others because it has tremendous advantages compared to all the older cameras in one way or another;
You got me curious

- as a kit for the foreseen MSRP it'll give a very serious run for the money to all entry levels in terms of features+performance/price ratio.
Pentax needs that. It seems now they reacted exactly as they should have. If it is really the case, nice job.[/QUOTE]

What can I say more, you have 4 more days to wait and you'll make your own opinion at least from the datasheet/previews.

Radu
Four long days...

I'd love you to be right on spot, Radua, really
09-18-2008, 08:28 AM   #195
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Maybe. I was just responding to Creampuf about the DL2/DS2 not being new model but merely an update. They might have been brought to market with DL super and DS super name as well.

I'm on my bottom on this one. Could this be true? Really? Pentax heard to voice of reason ! Yeah

I'm convinced of this. This is Pentax, not Canon.

Mmm I'll beleive because I have no other choice . I'd be a bit surprised but would welcome that *much*. Maybe Hoyas influence starts on this one?

You got me curious

Pentax needs that. It seems now they reacted exactly as they should have. If it is really the case, nice job.

Four long days...

I'd love you to be right on spot, Radua, really [/QUOTE]

Well, Thibs

I am pretty sure that no camera will ever be unanimously loved so this was just my personal opinion based on my preferences. I have no doubt that I am going to buy one because I find it very useful FOR ME and considering the rumored price even more so!
I summoned my old K100D for a few days from the friend I sold it to only to better compare the old and new as objectively as possible. Also please note that this new camera for sure won't have ALL the features of the entry level models all brands combined for sure yet IMHO as a package if all the features I saw will be preserved it's arguably the most advanced! And if you judge the kit lens too I guess the difference of price/quality will be even more visible.
IMO the smart move Pentax made was to give a bit of breathing space to the K200D succesor in terms of pricing. I have little doubt that this camera will get much better specs than K200D and a ws zoom kit lens!
BTW I can relate 100% with you agony of waiting, I've been there myself so many times in previous occasions!

Best regards,
Radu