Pentaxian

Original Poster
Sony bashing? Where?

04-11-2018, 04:25 PM - 1 Like   #197
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Where?
Same place as EVF bashing!....M/L bashing....
04-11-2018, 04:48 PM   #198
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Back to the topic at hand .... the question was about MILC, but the answer was only that they won't put much effort into small cameras {i.e. "Q"}, then he turned back to K-mount. He said nothing relating to a K-mount MILC - maybe that is even farther from their thoughts than the "Q" is, but they could announce a K-07 tomorrow.
04-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #199
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Same place as EVF bashing!....M/L bashing....
I personally have gotten really tired of the entire subject and the way it seems to eventually come up in every thread. There are only so many discussions one can Ignore before all the discussion threads are blocked.

Which I guess is good because it leaves just the photo threads

.:

04-11-2018, 04:58 PM   #200
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
but they could announce a K-07 tomorrow.
A nuclear war is more probable, neither is likely!

---------- Post added 04-12-18 at 11:00 AM ----------

K-07
oh, did i miss the 2..3...5.. and 6?
04-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #201
Pentaxian

oh, did i miss the 2..3...5.. and 6?
They are under no obligation to use all the numbers. I use K-07 to denote the K-mount MILC they could design almost 'overnight' by modifying a K-70.

Last edited by reh321; 04-11-2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: add quotes
04-11-2018, 05:22 PM   #202
Pentaxian

overnight by modifying a K-70.
Not so sure it would be that quick,it is RI/Pentax!

They are under no obligation to use all the numbers.
Havent they used most of the numbers and all of the letters?...OH, thats only for SLR and Dslr!

04-11-2018, 05:37 PM   #203
Pentaxian

Not so sure it would be that quick,it is RI/Pentax!
I added quote marks just now to clarify my intent. It would appear 'overnight' to us, just as the KP and K-1ii did while everyone here waited for the K-3iii. Pentax does a good job of shielding their intentions - that is why I carefully read what they actually do and do not say.
04-11-2018, 06:08 PM   #204
Pentaxian

Pentax does a good job of shielding their intentions
Its far better than good, but is that a "good" thing to do?....We live in the age of communication and i think people who support a brand(like the loyalists here) deserve to know more than what is being divulged.Ive seen the brand criticised quite harshly(and i mean on other forums) by EX Pentax owners,some justified for sure but mostly over exaggerated.
04-11-2018, 06:10 PM   #205
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I added quote marks just now to clarify my intent. It would appear 'overnight' to us, just as the KP and K-1ii did while everyone here waited for the K-3iii. Pentax does a good job of shielding their intentions - that is why I carefully read what they actually do and do not say.
I wonder how good a translation the world ‘evolve’ is as it pertains to the k-3 replacement.
04-11-2018, 06:22 PM   #206
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
‘evolve
k-3 replacement.
Yes, the sensor source and capability will be interesting? Will it go down the K-1 road?
Or will it be highly competitive and join the "evolving" hybrid style?

RI have stated they are going high end and the "Price of the KP" reflected that.So an assumption of a U$1400 Apsc is what i'll expect.
04-11-2018, 06:24 PM   #207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I personally have gotten really tired of the entire subject and the way it seems to eventually come up in every thread. There are only so many discussions one can Ignore before all the discussion threads are blocked.

Which I guess is good because it leaves just the photo threads

.:
Well, I came here interested in the GR replacement!
04-11-2018, 06:31 PM   #208
Pentaxian

Its far better than good, but is that a "good" thing to do?....We live in the age of communication and i think people who support a brand(like the loyalists here) deserve to know more than what is being divulged.Ive seen the brand criticised quite harshly(and i mean on other forums) by EX Pentax owners,some justified for sure but mostly over exaggerated.
I'm not judging 'good' or 'bad' here. I believe we can trust the exact words they say to be true at the time they say them .... but we're asking for trouble as soon as we start inferring things. We know they are working on something to replace the K-3ii; we can call it "K-3iii" for convenience, but we know nothing about what it might actually be. We know they are working on more K-mount stuff, including FF lenses, and the aforementioned K-3ii replacement, but we don't know whether they are doing anything else. They didn't actually answer the MILC question, neither precluding nor including one.
04-11-2018, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #209
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not judging 'good' or 'bad' here. I believe we can trust the exact words they say to be true at the time they say them .... but we're asking for trouble as soon as we start inferring things. We know they are working on something to replace the K-3ii; we can call it "K-3iii" for convenience, but we know nothing about what it might actually be. We know they are working on more K-mount stuff, including FF lenses, and the aforementioned K-3ii replacement, but we don't know whether they are doing anything else. They didn't actually answer the MILC question, neither precluding nor including one.
To be fair, also, the interview was "edited for clarity and flow", so what was written (by a party that has not always been entirely interested in Pentax in the past) may have had emphasis on different sYlLableS.
04-11-2018, 10:56 PM   #210
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Well, I came here interested in the GR replacement!
...which has a better chance of "evolving" into some people's favourite (MILC) than a K-mount with a Pentax brand, IMHO. More likely, though, is a fixed lens zoom, which would be OK as a sort of lower-cost Leica Q competitor.

Even better, they could ditch the pop-up flash and replace it with a pop-up EVF – they could keep some flash capability and maintain the GR profile by sprinkling a few flash LEDs around the body. Whichever way it goes, if it ever does, some people won't be happy, needless to say.