Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 57 Likes Search this Thread
04-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Those are nice.

04-09-2018, 03:00 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Upgrading for sure. These two pics are gorgeous.
04-10-2018, 12:14 AM   #18
Pentaxian

For the "upgrading" people: what assure you that these shots aren't obtainable also with a k-1?
04-10-2018, 12:44 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
For the "upgrading" people: what assure you that these shots aren't obtainable also with a k-1?
Better AF-C and ISO is reason enough

04-10-2018, 02:49 AM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Better AF-C and ISO is reason enough
Unfortunately at this moment they are still marketing's words.
04-10-2018, 02:55 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would say that people who are satisfied with their K-1 cameras won't be upgrading. Those who find the original K-1 cameras to be deficient in some way will look seriously at the K-1 II to see if it will fix the areas they struggle with.

It is no secret the AF-C isn't great on the K-1. For a side shot of flying birds, it might be adequate, but it might not. I'm not shooting BIF so I have a difficult time telling, but I will say that I don't use AF-C much when taking photos of my kids with the K-1 because it feels as though it is often off a little -- even when using the DFA zooms.
04-10-2018, 02:57 AM - 3 Likes   #22
Veteran Member

Unfortunately at this moment they are still marketing's words.
Says who? You? Some of us do actually know this. I have 2 K-1's and 2 K-1II's..so I think I know the difference

04-10-2018, 03:13 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Says who? You? Some of us do actually know this. I have 2 K-1's and 2 K-1II's..so I think I know the difference
Say who? You? "to say" is not enough.

You have to demonstrate these differences. An ISO comparison under controlled circumstances (a sort of dpr studio scene) without High-ISO NR enabled will be very welcome. About AF-C...you do not know a drunk cyclist?
I would be very happy to see a k-1 II advantage, I own a k-1 and I would to upgrade also to "finance" RICOH but if I have to evaluate the few shots that are at this moment online I see only a more aggressive NR, that flattens details, and a yellow-green cast.
04-10-2018, 03:15 AM   #24
Veteran Member

So im not allowed to tell my experience without doing a full DxO review? ok..nice to know..then I wont share any experience without I have the time to do a 3 week test
04-10-2018, 03:22 AM   #25
Pentaxian

So im not allowed to tell my experience without doing a full DxO review? ok..nice to know..then I wont share any experience without I have the time to do a 3 week test
ahaha, no no please... share. Only I will wait the DxO review...
04-10-2018, 03:26 AM - 1 Like   #26
Veteran Member

If you pay for my time, I can do the the review. But if not, you'll have to wait until someone do a review. Im testing the cameras in extreme real life use.That is what matters! But since my words and experience is worth absolutely nothing, I will keep it to my self. I have my stuff to do for Ricoh, so I dont wanna waste my freetime on useless controlled studio tests for others
04-10-2018, 03:40 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Could you say more about the differences? Assuming you had time to form an opinion.
Thank you.

DxOMark says nothing useful, it's just a bunch of meaningless numbers.
04-10-2018, 03:47 AM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Could you say more about the differences? Assuming you had time to form an opinion.
Thank you.
Hehe, yes I have. My experience so far, is that AF-C seems noticeable quicker..And ISO at least a stop better. Im off to work in Vegas next week, but when I'm back, Im gonna do some big ass prints at high ISO to get my final verdict on ISO

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
DxOMark says nothing useful, it's just a bunch of meaningless numbers.
Exactly. Real life experience is whats matter!!
04-10-2018, 03:49 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Hehe, yes I have. My experience so far, is that AF-C seems noticeable quicker..And ISO at least a stop better. Im off to work in Vegas next week, but when I'm back, Im gonna do some big ass prints at high ISO to get my final verdict on ISO

Exactly. Real life experience is whats matter!!
this kind a news are most of us with K-1 original waiting...for the decision of making the upgrade. I’m doing it.edit:
do you know if focus nordick is doing them?
04-10-2018, 03:55 AM - 4 Likes   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Say who? You? "to say" is not enough.

You have to demonstrate these differences. An ISO comparison under controlled circumstances (a sort of dpr studio scene) without High-ISO NR enabled will be very welcome. About AF-C...you do not know a drunk cyclist?
I would be very happy to see a k-1 II advantage, I own a k-1 and I would to upgrade also to "finance" RICOH but if I have to evaluate the few shots that are at this moment online I see only a more aggressive NR, that flattens details, and a yellow-green cast.
Who are you to make this demand?