Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
04-11-2018, 06:04 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well somebody moved up one spot because I had to cancel my preorder. Happy for everyone today and wish I was still on the list. I hope my spot goes to a PF member.

I’ll be an upgrade early adopter.

04-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Yes, same thing happened to me. I asked why it was not being sent expedited and they said they had to send it ground because of the extra battery.
Very interesting. Thanks for the information. It was actually the FREE additional battery that pushed me over the edge. Otherwise, I would have waited since the FREE Battery Grip is periodically offered.
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
But at least it is warm there. We are in the middle of the coldest sprint in 23 years in western NY.
Yes. The weather has been delightful here. I ordered a Nevada State Parks Annual Passport to arrive simultaneously with the delivery of my new Pentax K-1 Mark II. I sense that I am going to be extremely pleased with my new camera.

Dennis
04-11-2018, 08:25 PM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yes, same thing happened to me. I asked why it was not being sent expedited and they said they had to send it ground because of the extra battery. Apparently the battery in the box does not cause problems but the extra one does. Oh well, we will have the cameras next week.
At checkout (and/or on the order status page), you should have had the option of choosing whether or not to split the shipments. I did, and the camera will be here tomorrow (I guess expedited = overnight now that Fedex is delivering for B&H), while the battery and extra grip are shipped with ground.

Perhaps this option is only available if you have a B&H account.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-12-2018, 06:12 AM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

My card was charged around 7 PM EST yesterday after it initially did not go through. Card company figured it was fraud since I never spend that amount of money.

I resolved it and was hoping it would ship yesterday. By 10 PM no word on shipping so I figured it would ship today. Then at 11 PM I was notified it was shipped and checking later found that UPS would still deliver it to me on Thursday.

It will be here in less than 4 hours from now. Woo. But I still have to work. That will suck. It will be delivered here at work, but I really should not open it up.

Massive upgrade to my K-5. Cannot wait to go shooting. Already have events planned for this weekend and next.

04-12-2018, 06:23 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
At checkout (and/or on the order status page), you should have had the option of choosing whether or not to split the shipments. I did, and the camera will be here tomorrow (I guess expedited = overnight now that Fedex is delivering for B&H), while the battery and extra grip are shipped with ground.

Perhaps this option is only available if you have a B&H account.
The option was offered but I think it was in terms of shipping the items as available. i did not realize that the free battery would make it a hazardous package. I am not upset. I still trust them. The camera will be here soon enough.
04-12-2018, 02:38 PM   #21
Forum Member

After making multiple phone calls and escalations, Adorama was able to address the problem and they have shipped the item today. I am waiting for the item to be arrived by tomorrow (April 13).

Wow - I can't imagine why such a simple transaction took this much time !!
04-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emsee Quote
After making multiple phone calls and escalations, Adorama was able to address the problem and they have shipped the item today. I am waiting for the item to be arrived by tomorrow (April 13).

Wow - I can't imagine why such a simple transaction took this much time !!
Busy time for them after a long religious holiday means lots of orders and customer requests to get caught up on. Glad they have gotten you squared away though.

04-13-2018, 09:37 AM - 1 Like   #23
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes, same thing happened to me. I asked why it was not being sent expedited and they said they had to send it ground because of the extra battery.
If I had known that the additional battery would delay delivery by five days, I would have requested the shipment be split. I was not informed in advance that my order no longer qualified for expedited shipping because of the additional battery. A definite oversight on the part of B&H.
--
Dennis
Attached Images

Last edited by Kelvin 5500; 04-13-2018 at 09:43 AM.
04-13-2018, 11:27 AM   #24
Pentaxian

I just saw the K-1-ll at Casanova foto today here in Barcelona. Big, beautiful, and 2000 euro. What an amazing selection of used lenses from all brands, especially Pentax medium format.
04-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mine arrived this morning. Initial impression is good. Still has shutter shock but nicely controlled by shake reduction on this unit, A few photos made at ISO 3200 look very good. Photos taken using hand held pixel shift vary form 157MB to 191MB. The following photo is hand held pixel shift shot at ISO 3200. jpeg size is about 2MB larger than regular shot.

The second shot is of my portable weather station. The anemometer was slowing turning in a breeze. The camera did a nice job of removing the movement. No post processing with either image but the second was was cropped.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo