Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
04-10-2018, 03:35 PM   #1
Forum Member

K-1 Mark II Now In Stock at B&H

The B&H Photo Video website is showing the K-1 Mark II as "In Stock" today, April 10, 2018.

Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR Camera (Body Only) 15994 B&H Photo Video

Attached Images

Last edited by Kelvin 5500; 04-10-2018 at 04:39 PM. Reason: stylize text
04-10-2018, 06:25 PM   #2
Forum Member

I did the pre-order through Adorama. They have repeatedly assured me (even at 5:00pm EST) that the item would be shipped today. But nothing happened yet. What is the point in assuring something like this???

Adorama's shipping is not good and this is the third time that they promised such things, but not shipped (They did the same with other items in the past).

THIS IS MY LAST ORDER FROM ADORAMA.

Last edited by emsee; 04-10-2018 at 06:39 PM.
04-10-2018, 06:39 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is not uncommon for the final shipping to take place late at night. B&H has sent mine to the warehouse so it will probably go out tonight. If not it is not a big deal. They will both ship soon enough. You will get your camera.
04-10-2018, 06:54 PM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
It is not uncommon for the final shipping to take place late at night. B&H has sent mine to the warehouse so it will probably go out tonight. If not it is not a big deal. They will both ship soon enough. You will get your camera.
It does not matter for 1 extra day. But what is the point in promising if they can't keep it????

04-10-2018, 06:56 PM   #5
Veteran Member

My Extended Warranty and Grip have shipped and have a tracking #. Will be here tomorrow.

The camera is sitting at shipping soon. But I doubt it will arrive tomorrow since it was being shipped overnight. You have to have it to the carrier by 5 I think in order for it to be sent overnight and it is waay past that.

This is from Adorama BTW.

I wish the camera was coming tomorrow too but I suppose I will survive until Thursday.

Weird that they are shipping the grip separate from the body/lens. I figure it would be cheaper for 1 package overnight instead of 2.
04-10-2018, 07:04 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
No news from B&H on the status of my pre order. I imagine that they have tons of orders to fill from their prolonged closing over Passover.
04-10-2018, 07:30 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
B&H Charged My Credit card at 5:05 PM Pacific Time

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
No news from B&H on the status of my pre order. I imagine that they have tons of orders to fill from their prolonged closing over Passover.
I placed my pre-order on February 27 during WPPI. I have not as yet received a shipping confirmation from B&H but I did get notification from my credit card company today at 5:05 PM Pacific Time that B&H charged the order amount to my account. Hopefully, the package will be placed in the hands of the carrier tomorrow.

Dennis

Last edited by Kelvin 5500; 04-11-2018 at 12:44 PM.
04-10-2018, 08:41 PM - 1 Like   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No shipping info yet, but they did charge my card. Looks like it'll be shipping any minute now (likely on the 11th as originally promised).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-10-2018, 09:06 PM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SirTomster Quote
My Extended Warranty and Grip have shipped and have a tracking #. Will be here tomorrow.

The camera is sitting at shipping soon. But I doubt it will arrive tomorrow since it was being shipped overnight. You have to have it to the carrier by 5 I think in order for it to be sent overnight and it is waay past that.

This is from Adorama BTW.

I wish the camera was coming tomorrow too but I suppose I will survive until Thursday.

Weird that they are shipping the grip separate from the body/lens. I figure it would be cheaper for 1 package overnight instead of 2.
The funny thing is that both B&H and Samys have the item in stock and I was trying to cancel Adorama as they were still showing it is pre-order. B&H told me that it would ship it today if I ordered it before 2:00pm EST. Then I was checking with Adorama and they made promises (multiple calls) that the item would be shipped today. Those customer reps were so convincingly assuring that - They would personally make sure the camera would be shipped today.

As I mentioned earlier, this type of repeated behavior from Adorama shows they are not good for me. At least be OPEN and HONEST. I would have no problem if they told me that the item would not be shipped today.

Lesson learned for me - NEVER TRUST ADORAMA for shipping estimation (This is the third instance for me).

-emsee
04-11-2018, 05:56 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ordered my K-1 mII through B&H on 2/25. Also noticed yesterday that B&H was showing “In Stock”. My order now shows “In stock, order sent to warehouse” so it may ship as early as today for a weekend delivery. Excited.
04-11-2018, 09:44 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just got notified for my order as shipping today with K-1 MII+grip+Extended Warranty delivery of Mon, 4/16 and battery delivery on Tues, 4/17. Just missed having it on Saturday.
04-11-2018, 03:45 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I got notified earlier today. All due by end of day Friday. I ordered mine when they were throwing an extra OEM battery in for free too. I needed another battery so I figured what the heck. I did order it by linking through here so Adam should get the notice too.
04-11-2018, 05:43 PM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I got notified earlier today. All due by end of day Friday.
My order of the K-1 Mark II body, D-BG6 Battery Grip and additional D-LI90(E) Lithium-Ion Battery is not scheduled for delivery until Tuesday, April 17, 2018. I'm in FedEx Zone 8 away from the B&H shipping location. Painfully slow delivery system.

Dennis
04-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kelvin 5500 Quote
My order of the K-1 Mark II body, D-BG6 Battery Grip and additional D-LI90(E) Lithium-Ion Battery is not scheduled for delivery until Tuesday, April 17, 2018. I'm in FedEx Zone 8 away from the B&H shipping location. Painfully slow delivery system.

Dennis
But at least it is warm there. We are in the middle of the coldest sprint in 23 years in western NY. I am only 300 miles from B&H. One of my son's lived in Las Vegas for 6 years or so. Loved the drive out there and back. So much to see on the way.
04-11-2018, 05:54 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kelvin 5500 Quote

Dennis
Yes, same thing happened to me. I asked why it was not being sent expedited and they said they had to send it ground because of the extra battery. Apparently the battery in the box does not cause problems but the extra one does. Oh well, we will have the cameras next week.