Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 740 Likes Search this Thread
04-12-2018, 11:44 PM - 3 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
On the other hand this exposes some critical errors from Pentax (Ricoh). They have limited resources just like everyone else does, but they are not focusing their efforts where they have their biggest weakness. They drag around like lenses are a second thought. Design your own zooms for FF? NOPE and NOPE.

Pentax (Ricoh) is an electronics company. That culture needs to change. Don't abandon the strengths, but make the weaknesses stronger. If they would hurry up and fill out their lens selection--and focus on THAT it will help their bottom line a ton. At the rate they are going it will be 3 or 4 years before they have an acceptable lineup of lenses.
WRONG and WRONG.
As others stated, the D FA 150-450, D FA* 70-200 and D FA 28-105 are Pentax designs. And this D FA* 50mm doesn't look anything like a second thought - they're going all out with it. If you feel like complaining, please do your homework before starting; OK?

As for Pentax (Ricoh) - not Ricoh Imaging? - being "an electronics company" I find it a bit ridiculous. What makes you say so?

P.S. Acceptable is subjective; but yes, they will need a few more years to complete the D FA line (complete being also subjective). Getting out all the lenses from the roadmap would go a long way toward that goal:
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/lens/images/K_Mount_Lens.pdf

04-13-2018, 01:23 AM - 3 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

According to Photo rumors the lens is delayed again till summer! Unbelievable. In making lenses Pentax moves ahaed like thick tar in wintertime.
04-13-2018, 01:41 AM - 9 Likes   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sculptormic Quote
According to Photo rumors the lens is delayed again till summer! (...)
  1. That's precisely the topic of this thread.
  2. The source is Ricoh Imaging Japan; Photo Rumors only relays the official information.
  3. There is no "again": the only (tentative) release date until this morning was and has been spring 2018.

Development update regarding the HD PENTAX-D FA 50mm F1.4 SDM AW (Tentative name)|RICOH IMAGING
04-13-2018, 02:14 AM - 9 Likes   #19

Photos: Albums
Instead of waiting for a new 50mm Pentax lens and complaining about how long it has taken Pentax to release it for the K-1, it's possible to buy the following current Pentax standard focal length lenses:
FA 50mm F1.4
DA 50mm F1.8
D FA 50mm F2.8
DA* 55mm F1.4
while not perhaps to the doubtless excellent quality of the forthcoming D FA* 50mm F1.4, these existing lenses do give me plenty to enjoy, and that's not mentioning legacy lenses.

Looking forward to the new 50. + Appreciate Pentax/Ricoh keeping us informed. + Making the most of the lenses they currently have to offer. = Happy Pentaxian!

04-13-2018, 02:17 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hiya guys, all lenses at least from the 3rd millenium are COMPUTER generated, so show me a perfect lens, what a lot of nonsense take time to perfect their miniscule collection of D FA lenses, Ian

---------- Post added 04-13-18 at 02:22 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
WRONG and WRONG.
As others stated, the D FA 150-450, D FA* 70-200 and D FA 28-105 are Pentax designs. And this D FA* 50mm doesn't look anything like a second thought - they're going all out with it. If you feel like complaining, please do your homework before starting; OK?

As for Pentax (Ricoh) - not Ricoh Imaging? - being "an electronics company" I find it a bit ridiculous. What makes you say so?

P.S. Acceptable is subjective; but yes, they will need a few more years to complete the D FA line (complete being also subjective). Getting out all the lenses from the roadmap would go a long way toward that goal:
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/lens/images/K_Mount_Lens.pdf
yeah but by that time most I included will be DEAD so either bring out some lenses or give up with the drivel, and cancel the PENTAX mark as PERFECT lenses dont excist, sorry to burst your bubble
04-13-2018, 02:31 AM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ronniemac Quote
Instead of waiting for a new 50mm Pentax lens and complaining about how long it has taken Pentax to release it for the K-1, it's possible to buy the following current Pentax standard focal length lenses:
FA 50mm F1.4
DA 50mm F1.8
D FA 50mm F2.8
DA* 55mm F1.4
while not perhaps to the doubtless excellent quality of the forthcoming D FA* 50mm F1.4, these existing lenses do give me plenty to enjoy, and that's not mentioning legacy lenses.

Looking forward to the new 50. + Appreciate Pentax/Ricoh keeping us informed. + Making the most of the lenses they currently have to offer. = Happy Pentaxian!
I use the FA 50/1.7. An outstanding performer. I

Last edited by sculptormic; 04-13-2018 at 02:38 AM.
04-13-2018, 02:38 AM   #22
Pentaxian

According to Photo rumors the lens is delayed again till summer! Unbelievable. In making lenses Pentax moves ahaed like thick tar in wintertime.
According to whom???

---------- Post added 13-04-18 at 12:43 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by k1man Quote
Hiya guys, all lenses at least from the 3rd millenium are COMPUTER generated, so show me a perfect lens, what a lot of nonsense take time to perfect their miniscule collection of D FA lenses, Ian
Good luck COMPUTER-designing your own lens of the D FA* caliber.

04-13-2018, 02:44 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
  1. That's precisely the topic of this thread.
  2. The source is Ricoh Imaging Japan; Photo Rumors only relays the official information.
  3. There is no "again": the only (tentative) release date until this morning was and has been spring 2018.

Development update regarding the HD PENTAX-D FA 50mm F1.4 SDM AW (Tentative name)|RICOH IMAGING
I can remember that it was going to get released last year september. I am not overdoing things by stating it takes for ever to develop this lens and get it on the market. It is not like it is one lens that gets delayed in a row of lenses that they are developing.
BTW I am not particularly waiting for this lens. I am happy with the FA 50/1.7 and besides the 50mm FL is not my favourite. I much prefer the FL of Voigtlander 40/2.
04-13-2018, 02:44 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by k1man Quote
[/COLOR]yeah but by that time most I included will be DEAD so either bring out some lenses or give up with the drivel, and cancel the PENTAX mark as PERFECT lenses dont excist, sorry to burst your bubble
Don't be condescending.
04-13-2018, 02:46 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
According to whom???[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 13-04-18 at 12:43 PM ----------

Ricoh issued an update on the development of the new HD PENTAX-D FA ★ 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW lens – the official release was pushed from the spring of 2018 to the summer of 2018:

Read more: Pentax Rumors | Pentax + Ricoh news and more
04-13-2018, 02:46 AM - 2 Likes   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
So the other lenses that are roadmapped become delayed as well....BUT, what if there are delays with them?

That soon?...20mm..35mm 85mm 135mm...F4 70/200...TC.It wont be 3 years,its going to take 2.5 years from the announce date of the K-1 to get the 50mm out there.Prime shooters have to wait, or manually focus the mostly unsealed 3rd partys.

Thank heavens, the Zooms are all top quality....i'm sure the primes will be worth the wait to the patient.For the not so patient,theres other options.

---------- Post added 04-13-18 at 03:32 PM ----------

Yes and the excellent 28-105(which has been updated to the K-1ii kit lens, maybe the best ever "kit"lens).

Obviously RI are stretched in a number of places and cant provide everything thats needed/wanted yesterday.
Obviously we don't know anything specific, but my guess is that this has little to do with the teams designing new lenses and everything to do with production and insuring quality of the end product. Assuming that the processes are put into place to insure that for the DFA * 50, they should already be there for subsequent lenses which follow like the DFA *85, DFA 70-200 f4, etc.

It is clear that Pentax could use more resources and that 2 to 3 top end, new lenses a year is about their max, but i do think that once they get production issues ironed out that other DFA * lenses will have a smoother release.
04-13-2018, 02:46 AM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

I can remember that it was going to get released last year september.
What you remember was not said by Ricoh Imaging.
04-13-2018, 02:47 AM - 2 Likes   #28
Pentaxian

I can remember that it was going to get released last year september. (...)
Please provide a link to official information or the above is null and void.
04-13-2018, 02:48 AM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

Ricoh issued an update on the development of the new HD PENTAX-D FA ★ 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW lens – the official release was pushed from the spring of 2018 to the summer of 2018:

Read more: Pentax Rumors | Pentax + Ricoh news and more
That's better.
Still, most of the time they're finding things from Mistral75; and it's posted here first
04-13-2018, 03:29 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
pushing things forward is a thing with Ricoh. It already was with Pentax I guess. The DA* lenses were also pushed forward all the time.