Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Friday!

06-22-2018, 05:31 PM   #377
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
M, 48, own house / car / hair, financially secure, WLTM attractive F with large collection of Pentax equipment who is no longer interested in photography...
I know its just a joke but that could backfire on you.. if she is no longer interested in photography, she might wonder why you are too and maybe you shouldn't be spending money on those 'pointless' but expensive items.

Better to find someone who you can be supportive of (first) and they are supportive of you in return. imo.
06-22-2018, 05:34 PM - 1 Like   #378
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Friday!
DEFINITION Pentaxian Socially inadequate person prone to long periods of depressive boredom punctuated by occasional but unpredictable moments of elation associated with product releases, followed by gradual reversions to the depressive norm as they realise the product is not what they want or is beyond their financial capacities.

Bring on Friday!
06-22-2018, 05:36 PM - 1 Like   #379
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I know its just a joke but that could backfire on you.. if she is no longer interested in photography, she might wonder why you are too and maybe you shouldn't be spending money on those 'pointless' but expensive items.

Better to find someone who you can be supportive of (first) and they are supportive of you in return. imo.
You're quite right... it's just a joke I'm not actually looking to meet anyone, and if was I wouldn't base a relationship on something so shallow... but, now, for the purposes of the thread, that's no fun at all, is it?

06-23-2018, 02:57 AM   #380
Pentaxian

You're quite right... it's just a joke I'm not actually looking to meet anyone, and if was I wouldn't base a relationship on something so shallow... but, now, for the purposes of the thread, that's no fun at all, is it?
It is hard to put your money on something from Pentax with no releases. Does that mean that Pentax saves relationships? - at least the mre shallow ones.
06-23-2018, 03:06 AM   #381
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
It is hard to put your money on something from Pentax with no releases.
I've never had any trouble spending money on Pentax equipment, nor any shortage of things to choose from... There's plenty to buy, and more coming

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
Does that mean that Pentax saves relationships?
It can certainly help one's relationship with photography
06-23-2018, 03:06 AM - 1 Like   #382
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Maybe Adam needs to make a Tinder section of the Forum.

Maybe a bit tough since I believe the ratio of men to women here is something like 6 or 7 to 1.

06-23-2018, 03:18 AM - 2 Likes   #383
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Maybe a bit tough since I believe the ratio of men to women here is something like 6 or 7 to 1.
Could get very competitive - maybe that's why they're bringing out these big lenses

---------- Post added 23-06-18 at 03:19 AM ----------

Incidentally, the 29th would be great - it would stimulate TWO months' comments
06-23-2018, 05:14 PM   #384
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Friday!
Wahoo! Now about the 11-18 DA *? Likely will be lucky to see that before the year is up!
06-23-2018, 05:26 PM - 7 Likes   #385
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wouldn't base a relationship on something so shallow
I've been married for almost 29 years to someone who I hooked up without ever bothering to find out if she appreciated my interest in photography (never asked if she wanted to see my pentaprism, either). Now, is that shallow, or what?
06-24-2018, 01:44 AM   #386
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
I've been married for almost 29 years to someone who I hooked up without ever bothering to find out if she appreciated my interest in photography (never asked if she wanted to see my pentaprism, either). Now, is that shallow, or what?
LOL
06-24-2018, 05:47 AM - 1 Like   #387
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Have ask, but still no exactly date of fortune.
Only maybes.
Best regards
06-24-2018, 06:43 AM   #388

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Have ask, but still no exactly date of fortune.
Only maybes.
Best regards
Don't kill our vibes like that!
06-24-2018, 02:43 PM - 6 Likes   #389
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
DEFINITION Pentaxian Socially inadequate person prone to long periods of depressive boredom punctuated by occasional but unpredictable moments of elation associated with product releases, followed by gradual reversions to the depressive norm as they realise the product is not what they want or is beyond their financial capacities.

Bring on Friday!
Disagree completely even if it is tongue in cheek. A Pentaxian only really falls into bouts of depression when they see thread after thread of relative newcomers demanding or suggesting that Pentax needs a 24, 35, 50, 85 with a minimum aperture of f/1.4 to be taken seriously and that they have to have less than 10% deviation in resolution across the whole frame because sharpness is the be all and end all in this age of media soundbite and limited attention span. To me a Pentaxian is someone who loves their chosen art or hobby, understands their craft and values the rendering of the image above all else.
06-24-2018, 04:12 PM - 1 Like   #390
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Disagree completely even if it is tongue in cheek. A Pentaxian only really falls into bouts of depression when they see thread after thread of relative newcomers demanding or suggesting that Pentax needs a 24, 35, 50, 85 with a minimum aperture of f/1.4 to be taken seriously and that they have to have less than 10% deviation in resolution across the whole frame because sharpness is the be all and end all in this age of media soundbite and limited attention span. To me a Pentaxian is someone who loves their chosen art or hobby, understands their craft and values the rendering of the image above all else.
Now that's a comment to appeal to the core.

But that definition could mean those who use Canon equipment, or Sony, or Nikon, or Fuji.. etc.

I think a Pentaxian is just someone who uses Pentax camera equipment and has some attachment to the gear.