Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 207 Likes Search this Thread
11-08-2020, 09:18 PM   #211
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Just getting acquainted, but so far I'm impressed! We're having a nice bout of unseasonably warm weather and a few critters are still around, so my first impulse has been to take it out shooting! More soon...
Nicely done for a first outing. Great detail, keep us updated on your review.

11-09-2020, 03:33 AM   #212
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Just getting acquainted, but so far I'm impressed! We're having a nice bout of unseasonably warm weather and a few critters are still around, so my first impulse has been to take it out shooting! More soon...

Fantastic! Macro-sharp and I am liking the OOF transition... how's the handling? I imagine that shooting handheld anywhere over 1x magnification is gonna be tough .
11-09-2020, 05:02 AM   #213
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by honeybee Quote
Hello guys, just wanna introduce myself.
I am from Laowa marketing team. I have sent a 100mm PK mount to Doundounba for reviewing!
Sorry for letting you guys wait. But we never forget Pentax K users! The lens will be out in the market soon.
Stay tuned for Doundounba's first impression on the lens!
Hi Laowa marketing team member and welcome. I'm happy to see you're coming out eventually.

Hello guys.
I am just forced to be here to introduce myself.
I would like to get a pentax K mount camera so would like to learn more here.
Guys.

Could you guys recommend me some good Pentax photographers? macro photography would be the best.

thank you so much!!
11-09-2020, 05:34 AM   #214

I am from Laowa marketing team. I have sent a 100mm PK mount to Doundounba for reviewing!
Sorry for letting you guys wait. But we never forget Pentax K users! The lens will be out in the market soon.
Welcome to Pentax Forums. I hope the members won't overwhelm you too much with questions I see you give your location as Hong Kong. I was going to ask Doundounba where he ordered the lens from.

Is that a portrait of honeybee?

11-09-2020, 05:36 AM   #215
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Laowa 15 shift for k-mount will be available soon.
Is this shift only or tilt/shift ?
11-09-2020, 05:54 AM   #216
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

VERY impressive. Handheld?
11-09-2020, 06:02 AM   #217
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Is this shift only or tilt/shift ?
Shift only - here's the product page: Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Zero-D Shift – LAOWA Camera Lenses

11-09-2020, 06:36 AM   #218
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Can't wait for more hands-on reports in addition to Thomas Shahan's.
I hope to be able to write a review of the lens in the future!

Definitely real.
From China?
11-09-2020, 09:16 AM   #219
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Shift only - here's the product page: Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Zero-D Shift – LAOWA Camera Lenses
A pity. Well, at least it is a proper UWA FF compatible so it's nice. The price isn't but apart the Samyang, it's always the case with such beats, alas.
11-09-2020, 09:29 AM   #220
Dan
Pentaxian

Thanks for posting this. It looks to be very sharp, and the bokeh looks great.

I am really looking forward to this lens!

---------- Post added 11-09-20 at 08:33 AM ----------

Thanks for not forgetting about us! We may not be the largest group of users, but we are a passionate bunch when it comes to interesting, high-quality lenses.

I don't know if I am more excited about this lens or the 15mm Zero-D shift. They both look fantastic.

Dan
11-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #221
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
A pity. Well, at least it is a proper UWA FF compatible so it's nice. The price isn't but apart the Samyang, it's always the case with such beats, alas.
The Samyang is 24mm, though, so I guess the Laowa does more or less justify the price what with being that wide. The Canon 17/4 is 2200€ but well, it's Canon... and the Nikon 19mm is an eye-watering 3900€

With stitching, out of this shift 15mm lens you basically get a panorama with the FOV of a 9mm lens (minus corners), but of course with much higher res.
11-09-2020, 05:07 PM   #222
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
The Samyang is 24mm, though, so I guess the Laowa does more or less justify the price what with being that wide. The Canon 17/4 is 2200€ but well, it's Canon... and the Nikon 19mm is an eye-watering 3900€

With stitching, out of this shift 15mm lens you basically get a panorama with the FOV of a 9mm lens (minus corners), but of course with much higher res.
I completely agree...
It's just that the entry ticket for such lenses is huge.
That's the reason I used my view camera for so long.
11-09-2020, 06:52 PM   #223

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Welcome to Pentax Forums. I hope the members won't overwhelm you too much with questions I see you give your location as Hong Kong. I was going to ask Doundounba where he ordered the lens from.

Is that a portrait of honeybee?
I'd like to find more Pentaxians to review this lens. Any recommendations? anyone you think he/she is influential/persuasive?
11-09-2020, 07:59 PM   #224
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd like to find more Pentaxians to review this lens. Any recommendations? anyone you think he/she is influential/persuasive?
Have you been in contact with Adam, the forum founder and administrator?
11-09-2020, 08:02 PM   #225
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’d be happy to review a copy, and compare it with my Pentax d-fa 100mm macro on both my K-1 and K3.