Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-22-2018, 06:17 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

DCU 5.8.1 and IMAGE Transmitter 2 (2.4.0) update

Digital Camera Utility 5 Update for Windows : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING
[23. April 2018] Digital Camera Utility 5 (Version 5.8.1) Windows Updater

[Main changes from Version 5.7.2 and 5.8.0]
[New and added items]
<Corresponded by version 5.8.0>
Corresponded to the PENTAX K-1 Mark II
Note: It is not corresponded to the RAW data development that taken with the Image Stabilization mode of Pixel Shift Resolution System II.

[Improved items]
<Corresponded by version 5.8.1>
At the Multi Monitor Display, it will adopt the profile of monitor that take larger client area of the image display page for color management of that page.
When switched to the Browser mode while previewing the image that drag & drop to the application at the Laboratory mode, it will be accessed to the saved folder of that previewing.
The transaction of accessing the folder has been improved at the Browser mode, result of this, the thumbnail image displays faster even massive images are saved in the folder.
Added the [Save Image] tab to the option window which is displayed by the [Option button] at the saving dialogue.
[Corrected items]
<Corresponded by version 5.8.1>
If the Setting data have been changed at the [Display RAW file in Browser mode] (Tools-Options), corrected to re-load the image when the RAW image file has been displayed.
To set the condition of panels lengthways such as the Control panel for top and Navigation panel for bottom, it was not keep previous panel condition after re-start application by [Restore previous condition] setting.
When the task bar is displayed at top edge of the Desktop and normal condition of application window, the title bar of the application went under the task bar after executing the [Default layout].
When you try to access to the folder which is contained large number of images, the window became [No response].
When the Color Management is ON, develop the RAW file at the Laboratory Mode and return to Browser mode, the image may not be displayed sometimes.
If you try to save the JPEG image which is embedded in RAW image file by [Save As], the capture data has not been saved correctly.
If you reverse the function of left/right button of the mouse, you could not operate all drag functions.
It had been automatic shutdown occurred while activate Spotting and manually input more than 51 items at the size assignment column.
It had been corrected the other small error of previous versions.

IMAGE Transmitter 2 Update for Windows : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING
[23, April 2018] IMAGE Transmitter 2 (Version 2.4.0) Windows Updater

[Main changes from Version 2.3.1]
[Function enhancement/Additional item]
Corresponded to PENTAX K-1Mark II.
Corresponded to 180° inversion fixed function of Live view display.
[Improvement item]
Corrected following issues related to the independent post view window.
- Images may not be displayed in some cases.
- When the vertical position shooting image is displayed and the display magnification was changed, the image display position was shifted.
- Incorrect magnification display when the vertical position shooting image is entirely displayed.

04-22-2018, 07:24 PM   #2
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Ooku
Thank you...........
04-22-2018, 11:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Version 5.8.1
Nice to see updates, but v5.8.1 is still very slow to process - and even browse - images. Ugh.
04-23-2018, 12:37 AM   #4

Browsing seems to be plenty fast to me on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I use PEFs, maybe that's the difference.

04-23-2018, 04:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Browsing seems to be plenty fast to me on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I use PEFs, maybe that's the difference.
I've been using DCU since my K200D days. It's always been amongst the slowest apps on my PC. But I will re-examine my setup to see what the potential bottlenecks may be, since the K-1 features in DCU are important to have.

I use DNG on Win10/64 when shooting Pentax. However I suspect DNG isn't the issue.

Other Silkypix apps, like Capture NX-D, generally run OK.
04-24-2018, 05:46 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
it still looks like a piece of software from 2001
04-24-2018, 12:26 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I've been using DCU since my K200D days. It's always been amongst the slowest apps on my PC. But I will re-examine my setup to see what the potential bottlenecks may be, since the K-1 features in DCU are important to have.

I use DNG on Win10/64 when shooting Pentax. However I suspect DNG isn't the issue.

Other Silkypix apps, like Capture NX-D, generally run OK.
An SSD hard drive is your friend... especially for your OS, Programs and windows cache' files... a real luxury for long term storage if you can afford a large enough one, but just running photoshop and the working cache file on the SSD makes a big difference, I love mine.

If I had to choose between a Core I-5, Core I-7, or a 1TB SSD, I'd take the 1TB SSD every single time... that and at least 16GB of DDR4 ram for the PC.
At least a 7200RPM drive like a WD Black or Gold series is a decent alternative for the larger storage area's, though some people find the WD Black series noisy. Cheap old WD Blue 5400 RPM drives feel like you are making time stand still, with modern apps and large file sizes.

Eric

04-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
An SSD hard drive is your friend...
I do have a small one installed on my i7 860 PC, but unlike other apps - eg Lightroom - unfortunately DCU doesn't let you specify where you want to store the program data files. So I can't run the program off one drive and read/write it's data files off the SSD. In LR you can run the catalog and the stored image previews off the SSD, which does seem to help LR performance.

Anyway, with DCU, the bottleneck seems to be a software one or a CPU one - RAM is never anywhere near exhausted, even with just 8GB of RAM, yet often the CPU is spiking for even trivial slider adjustments to an image. I'll update my NVidia display drivers. Maybe that might help.
05-01-2018, 10:03 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for letting us know about the update.

---------- Post added 05-01-18 at 10:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Thanks for letting us know about the update.
Also, the Pentax Tethered Capture has been updated to include support for the K1-II.