Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2008, 06:53 AM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
"honest opinions" meant that I told everything that are true. But, of course those are all my own *opinions*! :-)
If it is true, prove it !
Stop this BS, wonder why you haven't been banned quite long ago.

09-11-2008, 06:54 AM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
But in response to your point, I think Pentax DSLRs have the most technical hitches in number and many of those are very important or even basic ones including unreliability and relatively inferior performance in AF and AE departments.
The problem is that I do not recognize the problems you are describing. I do not have performance problems with my K20D. I also do not have any BF/FF problems with my K20D even though I own more than 17 different lenses. I do not have AE problems either because I know how to use a camera's meter.

A DSLR is not suited for people who want auto-everything, automatically expecting 100% perfect results for 100% of the time. I have never blamed my Pentax nor cursed it because of a missed shot because it's always the photographer who is at fault, not his equipment.
09-11-2008, 06:57 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by feronovak Quote
Maybe that's why I never had technical problem with my DSLRs, I had DS, I had k10d and I have k20d. And guess what I have been shooting weddings with K10d and used it a lot for other work. If you think other cameras dont have AF, exposure problems then you are naive moron. To define Pentax as a brand with most flaws is just plain stupid, maybe it is not perfect but have you considered additional features comparing to other brands?
I am not a "naive moron". I am just an end user and photographer of both systems whom could see the huge differences and huge different successful rate for what I shot!
09-11-2008, 06:59 AM   #64
Pentaxian

I am not a "naive moron". I am just an end user and photographer of both systems whom could see the huge differences and huge different successful rate for what I shot!
I would also call it huge differences if I owned both a humble K100D and a 5D. Have you ever handled the K20D for more than a week?

09-11-2008, 07:05 AM   #65

That's why I havent seen single photo taken by you.

Also I wonder how people used to shoot as pro all these years with less technology and rubbish technology.

underexposure is for me on purpose and I am glad I dont have overexposures. Just learn to use your camera.

There is no point in arguing with you because you just dont take any arguments at all.

That's why you should stick to Canon and forget Pentax.
09-11-2008, 08:09 AM   #66
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by feronovak Quote
So WTF you still use Pentax?
He doesn't shoot with a k20d or a k200d but he is well versed in all the nuances of those bodies.
09-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #67
Site Supporter

Further bigger may not be better, especially considering that the 645D is just not something big when compared with those digital backs now on the market.

Plan for one system and stay mainstream, go 135 Full Frame and let a path for those APS-C users to upgrade, would be the only way to make money and survive - thats what Canon, Nikon and Sony are all doing the same now.
You seem to always say bigger is better when it is Nonac or Nokin in almost all of your threads. Everyone should start reporting aspects of your website to MythBusters.com.

09-11-2008, 08:16 AM   #68
Veteran Member

How Long??

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I would also call it huge differences if I owned both a humble K100D and a 5D. Have you ever handled the K20D for more than a week?
How long should I need to handle a K20D when it started to hunt in AF, for example, most of the time I picked up such a Pentax camera and shot (not for me for course)?? And Yes, I know that its a PENTAX even I was not allowed to look at the camera just because only Pentax DSLRs behave like that!

How long?? You say.
09-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #69
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
How long?? You say.
Till hell comes since you deciced you are right and never take other's argument into consideration.
09-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #70
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
If it is true, prove it !
Stop this BS, wonder why you haven't been banned quite long ago.
They could just change his screen name to RiceLow. That way it won't give sake a bad name.
09-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ricehigh, the 5D is not in the same price class and market niche as the K20D !
So this comparision is nonsens.

If you want to compare, why don't you compare your 5D with a D700 ?
Oh sorry ! Is the D700 better ? So why you don't buy it ?
09-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #72
Veteran Member

Rice, you are not a naive moron, but you are also not a photographer.

you stated yourself that you like to "test things"

but yet, as is open knowledge, you fail to provide us with a collection of your works that would showcase these or those shortcomming, along with these or those improvements of various brands, lenses, and a combination therin.

so please, if you want to avoid being called a naive moron, dont act like one, and we can all get along.
09-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #73
Veteran Member

There's been a leak from Pentax headquarters! Some lucky guy found a paper with this drawing in the toilet after Ned had been there. From the looks of these patent papers, it looks like a winner this time:

The future is looking bright, aay?
09-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
Rice, you are not a naive moron, but you are also not a photographer.

you stated yourself that you like to "test things"

but yet, as is open knowledge, you fail to provide us with a collection of your works that would showcase these or those shortcomming, along with these or those improvements of various brands, lenses, and a combination therin.

so please, if you want to avoid being called a naive moron, dont act like one, and we can all get along.
Ricehigh makes me miss Wendle...
09-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #75
Veteran Member

Frankly I seldom use my Pentax now, owing to the lack of a proper DSLR body, unless I need a particular lens, e.g., super telephoto or macro and so on.

I don't use my Pentax but I keep my Pentax lenses and just dreaming that there will be a proper body some days later.

You may know more for why I do so and how I am thinking in my latest blog article below:-

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: FAQ: Jump OR Stay?
RH....Ah...Hmmmm....You see......Ummmmm....Nah.....I won't go there...Yeah, I will.

Sir;

You are absolutely NOT in a position to judge the merits of a camera. Period. You cannot SEE...Get it. You can observe perhaps, but you cannot SEE. Do you know what SEEING is?

Listen VERY, VERY closely. In two weeks from now, my "Horrible" images shot with some of my Pentax stuff i.e. K10D and K20D as well as some Canon stuff will be going on sale at "21galleries" for a World Wide expo. The images will be printed from anywhere from 1.0x1.5 meters to 3.5x5.0 meters and selling from 3800 to 15000 € per image. Now, the Gallery DID NOT BITCH about the quality of the images when they SOLICITED me to sign a contract with them. They are thrilled with the quality of the images. The majority of the stuff is Pentax captured imagery. My point is this...Canon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Nikon and Holga are all camera's. Use the camera RH...Most of them are pretty damned good and none of them are extremely better than another. Trust me...I've used most of them.

I really don't respect those that preach without being able to really SEE...I.E. Making a F'ing print dammit...

Geez, you are sooooo out of touch.

Oh and RH...Perhaps you might consider going to my site. There aren't any critiques. There is only work that has been published and paid for by clients just using my inferior Pentax Gear. Oh and by the way for your info RH...My fee's when shooting with my shitty Pentax gear runs anywhere from 7500 to 15000 € per day not including royalties...So perhaps I should take your advice and change to the 5D. My daily rate should go up in relation to the augmented quality of the camera used...right?

Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 09-11-2008 at 06:03 PM.