Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2008, 05:33 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
What surprise? There is simply no market in that segment. For studio super pixel count, pro studio photographers will use MF digital back. For better mobiliity and some light studio works, many of them just use the 135 FFs.!

The Pentax 645D is smaller than a Canon "1" series DSLR so it is equally mobile. The first major manufacturer to release an MF DSLR will revolutionize that market segment.....

09-11-2008, 05:34 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nope, not to put in a 645 body BUT to put it in a 135 body.

There is no point to put a 48 x 36 sensor into a 60 x 45 body neither. Its just another cropped factor DSLR, not FF (or not even close to) in 645, nor FF in 135!

Huhh? Have twice FF sized sensor is pointless?
09-11-2008, 05:35 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Only if it's a Pentax
09-11-2008, 05:42 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Ricehigh will find fault in even the most positive Pentax news. He's one of "the glass is half empty" while we are member of the "the glass is half full" group And even if there's no news he will manage to find someting negative and stir things up quite a bit. No problem, we'll get used to it. Hopefully he will drop Pentax completely at some time in the future, so that he can irritate Pentax/Canon/Sony people to death.

09-11-2008, 06:09 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Bigger will sell better?

Further bigger may not be better, especially considering that the 645D is just not something big when compared with those digital backs now on the market.

Plan for one system and stay mainstream, go 135 Full Frame and let a path for those APS-C users to upgrade, would be the only way to make money and survive - thats what Canon, Nikon and Sony are all doing the same now.
09-11-2008, 06:15 AM   #51
Veteran Member

As both a Pentax and Canon DSLR system user..

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Ricehigh will find fault in even the most positive Pentax news. He's one of "the glass is half empty" while we are member of the "the glass is half full" group And even if there's no news he will manage to find someting negative and stir things up quite a bit. No problem, we'll get used to it. Hopefully he will drop Pentax completely at some time in the future, so that he can irritate Pentax/Canon/Sony people to death.
I have no major problem with my Canon 5D so far and of course no problem with even any die-hard Canon fans.

The 5D still wins the K20D hands down for AF accuracy, AF speed, continuous tracking ability, resolution and noise, continuous shooting, exposure accuracy and intelligence, exposure consistency, 3D feel on images and so on. Are those already more than enough?

My newly acquired Canon lenses behave more like my old Pentax film lenses on digital than those Pentax digital lenses on Pentax DSLRs, even when the Canon lenses are mounted on the 5D!
09-11-2008, 06:16 AM   #52

I have no major problem with my Canon 5D so far and of course no problem with even any die-hard Canon fans.

The 5D still wins the K20D hands down for AF accuracy, AF speed, continuous tracking ability, resolution and noise, continuous shooting, exposure accuracy and intelligence, exposure consistency, 3D feel on images and so on. Are those already more than enough?

My newly acquired Canon lenses behave more like my old Pentax film lenses on digital than those Pentax digital lenses on Pentax DSLRs, even when the Canon lenses are mounted on the 5D!
So WTF you still use Pentax?

09-11-2008, 06:32 AM   #53
Veteran Member

No Contraction

QuoteOriginally posted by feronovak Quote
So WTF you still use Pentax?
Frankly I seldom use my Pentax now, owing to the lack of a proper DSLR body, unless I need a particular lens, e.g., super telephoto or macro and so on.

I don't use my Pentax but I keep my Pentax lenses and just dreaming that there will be a proper body some days later.

You may know more for why I do so and how I am thinking in my latest blog article below:-

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: FAQ: Jump OR Stay?
09-11-2008, 06:34 AM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The 5D still wins the K20D hands down for AF accuracy, AF speed, continuous tracking ability, resolution and noise, continuous shooting, exposure accuracy and intelligence, exposure consistency, 3D feel on images and so on. Are those already more than enough?!

Utter nonsense.
09-11-2008, 06:36 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Utter nonsense.
Just believe it or not! I told my honest opinions.
09-11-2008, 06:42 AM   #56

Frankly I seldom use my Pentax now, owing to the lack of a proper DSLR body, unless I need a particular lens, e.g., super telephoto or macro and so on.

I don't use my Pentax but I keep my Pentax lenses and just dreaming that there will be a proper body some days later.

You may know more for why I do so and how I am thinking in my latest blog article below:-

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: FAQ: Jump OR Stay?
I have better things to do than read this. there is no camera without technical hitches.
09-11-2008, 06:47 AM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by feronovak Quote
I have better things to do than read this. there is no camera without technical hitches.
No problem. I posted something doesn't mean you have to read it.

But in response to your point, I think Pentax DSLRs have the most technical hitches in number and many of those are very important or even basic ones including unreliability and relatively inferior performance in AF and AE departments.
09-11-2008, 06:48 AM   #58
Pentaxian

Just believe it or not! I told my honest opinions.
There are no such things as honest opinions. You are entitled to your opinions though, but it indeed gets a little irritating to read about your ongoing crusade against pentax again and again and again...
09-11-2008, 06:49 AM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
There are no such things as honest opinions. You are entitled to your opinions though, but it indeed gets a little irritating to read about your ongoing crusade against pentax again and again and again...
"honest opinions" meant that I told everything that are true. But, of course those are all my own *opinions*! :-)
09-11-2008, 06:51 AM   #60

No problem. I posted something doesn't mean you have to read it.

But in response to your point, I think Pentax DSLRs have the most technical hitches in number and many of those are very important or even basic ones including unreliability and relatively inferior performance in AF and AE departments.
Maybe that's why I never had technical problem with my DSLRs, I had DS, I had k10d and I have k20d. And guess what I have been shooting weddings with K10d and used it a lot for other work. If you think other cameras dont have AF, exposure problems then you are naive moron. To define Pentax as a brand with most flaws is just plain stupid, maybe it is not perfect but have you considered additional features comparing to other brands?