Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2018, 11:48 PM   #136

If you need the SDK
and have not yet downloade, it's time to do it ....

-------------------------------------------------------------

We are no longer offering free Cloud APIs in RICOH Developer Connection.

The Cloud APIs free offering will come to an end:
All Cloud APIs in RICOH Developer Connection
Visual Recognition API:
Image Processing API:
Live Streaming:
Peer-to-Peer:
Messaging API:
Visual Recognition API
Image Processing API
Live Streaming API
Peer-to-Peer Communication API
Messaging API

Why are we stopping the free offering?
As we concentrate more on paid developers, we're stopping the free offering of Cloud APIs.

Schedule
27th March 2019 - this will be the end date of free Cloud APIs.

What do I need to do?
If you would like to continue using RICOH Camera SDK download service, you have nothing to do.
If not, please delete your RICOH Account from RICOH Account .
Please note that your Client ID and Client Secrets are disabled after we stop the free Cloud APIs offering on 27th March 2019.
If you would like to continue to use the Cloud API as a paid developer, please contact us to support@api.ricoh.

Best regards,

Hisakazu
support@api.ricoh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-21-2018, 02:18 AM - 1 Like   #137

But this is about the Cloud API, not the Camera SDK. Of course, SDK may be next..
12-22-2018, 10:17 AM   #138

Is it possible to develop a mobile app that can use newer Pentax cameras’ sensor Shake Reduction/Pixelshift technology for snapping photos?

It would be great, for example, if we can use the sensor technology to dither astrophotography exposures, so that we can stack them in post to remove noise, etc.
12-27-2018, 10:04 AM   #139

Photos: Gallery
This is actually one of the most exiting things I think Ricoh has done since the original K1D. I think they have lacked some forward thinking in regards to software and firmware development with the Pentax brand, especially my pet peeve video (SR!). But this is great, and I see only good things coming from it.

12-28-2018, 08:11 AM   #140
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CPLTarun Quote
Is it possible to develop a mobile app that can use newer Pentax cameras’ sensor Shake Reduction/Pixelshift technology for snapping photos?

It would be great, for example, if we can use the sensor technology to dither astrophotography exposures, so that we can stack them in post to remove noise, etc.
If you're in Astrotracer mode, and the sensor is moving to track the stars wouldn't that be considered dithering?
02-09-2019, 06:52 PM   #141

QuoteOriginally posted by Craigbob Quote
If you're in Astrotracer mode, and the sensor is moving to track the stars wouldn't that be considered dithering?
I'd like to use PixelShift to take several seconds to minutes-long exposures of the night sky, while the camera is mounted on a portable star tracker (iOptron Skyguider pro). Does Pixelshift work in bulb mode? If not, then an app that could use PixelShift would be super handy for reducing noise, either in-camera through the app or externally in post processing.
03-09-2020, 10:30 AM   #142
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any updates here?
New projects, etc.?
03-09-2020, 12:44 PM   #143
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Compatible camera models:PENTAX 645Z *PENTAX K-1 Mark IIPENTAX K-1PENTAX KPPENTAX K-70 **

Too bad news... now I'll have to buy a KP body to have a compatible camera