Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 95 Likes Search this Thread
05-18-2018, 06:02 AM - 3 Likes   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Copying this over from the medium format forum as it looks like this is the main thread.

I downloaded the SDK last night, took a quick look. Initial SDK impressions; things are laid out pretty well, some nice documentation, especially for the first release of a software package. I worked on a commercial C++ project for 4 years ago about a decade ago, it's hard to go back, but the style of C++ looks downright civilized, so I think hopping in wouldn't be too bad.

The quickstart guide looks great, more than enough there to get rolling on various platforms.

The best part, I noticed this gem in supported OSes:
* (Experimental) Raspberry Pi3 (Raspbian Stretch)

That's a really interesting thought, to drive the camera from a raspberry pi!

---------- Post added 05-18-18 at 09:41 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
In reviewing the documentation, I am wishing for a camera emulator. I suppose I could write one now that there is a public API.

Steve
I feel like the best thing we as dev's can do now is start using the API, and sending feedback back to Ricoh. Usually if these things get use, they get extended!

A camera emulator would be really cool. Bit of a project to take on.

05-18-2018, 09:10 AM - 2 Likes   #77
Pentaxian

For some time I was thinking about sort of a "bridge" to post photos to Instagram. looks like it is possible with Wi-Fi SDK now.
05-18-2018, 06:47 PM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Oh just think of the time it takes the PRIME IV to calculate on that stack. ....
I wouldn't be stacking it in camera! :P
05-18-2018, 07:34 PM   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great news!

06-01-2018, 08:57 AM   #80

QuoteOriginally posted by MatKus Quote
As I said before, in WIFI (android) code there are references to GRII and WG-M2 and K-S2, not only metioned K1/K1II, KP and K70, so maybe someone will try to check it and it will work?

I haven't checked USB code, because my K50 is not supported for sure, but who knows. Maybe just mentioned by Ricoh camreas are officially supported, and other should work too, but just are not supported?
I hope your right, I just recently picked up a K-S2 and am quite satisfied, but the Ricoh image app leaves much to be desired.
06-01-2018, 04:38 PM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Parker Quote
the Ricoh image app leaves much to be desired
If you have Windows, check the WiFi Commander app out:
Wifi Commander for Pentax is online (Windows app) - PentaxForums.com
06-02-2018, 01:21 AM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MatKus Quote
my K50 is not supported for sure, but who knows. Maybe just mentioned by Ricoh camreas are officially supported, and other should work too, but just are not supported?
With the EYEFI support for the K-50, WiFi tethering works. Even for the K-30 there's an firmware mod.
Running K-50 firmware on K-30 - PentaxForums.com

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Parker Quote
the Ricoh image app leaves much to be desired.
What exactly do you miss with "Image Sync" ?

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
If you have Windows, check the WiFi Commander app out:
Wifi Commander for Pentax is online (Windows app) - PentaxForums.com
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
WIll be a great way to increase the eight existing options for camera remote control:
PC Desktop tethering K-1 via WLAN works well - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by angerdan; 06-02-2018 at 01:32 AM.
06-11-2018, 11:48 PM - 7 Likes   #83
Pentaxian

WoW! I did give this information to Dragonframe animation program developers(I use that program) and they are finishing update with K-1 and K-P support. I just tried it and My K-1 worked like it should with the program...YES! Thanks Ricoh! (Too bad that I did get Oly E5MII for that program). Waiting when other programs are taking this opportunity and offering the same support.
06-12-2018, 06:58 AM   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
WoW! I did give this information to Dragonframe animation program developers(I use that program) and they are finishing update with K-1 and K-P support. I just tried it and My K-1 worked like it should with the program...YES! Thanks Ricoh! (Too bad that I did get Oly E5MII for that program). Waiting when other programs are taking this opportunity and offering the same support.
Very cool! :-)
06-12-2018, 08:41 AM - 1 Like   #85
Pentaxian

So it will be shown there when it's ready: Camera Support - Dragonframe
06-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #86
Pentaxian

So it will be shown there when it's ready: Camera Support - Dragonframe
Yes, I suppose so. I tried Beta 4,1 update. and now it is 4.0. super happy about this
06-25-2018, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #87

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
While I do agree that Ricoh's move here is promising, I think everyone should be realistic about their expectations. I don't foresee a great rush by third-party vendors to take advantage of the new SDK's to better serve Pentax users.

Experience has shown that Pentax users simply aren't very important to most third-party vendors. I don't expect that to change because of the release of a SDK or two.
Not sure if this qualifies but Astro Photography Tool is considering support now for KP and K1. I might be buying a Pentax because of this, and I literally have the Nikon in my Amazon checkout right now. Will we ever see a version of this for Pentax or Olympus cameras? - APT Forum
06-26-2018, 11:33 AM   #88
Pentaxian

Seems like the Astro Photography Tool ist THE swiss knife for astrophotography
www.astroplace.net - APT - Introduction
06-27-2018, 06:47 PM   #89
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Seems like the Astro Photography Tool ist THE swiss knife for astrophotography
www.astroplace.net - APT - Introduction - APT - Introduction
Great suggestion! Will be trying this out!
06-29-2018, 09:30 AM - 1 Like   #90

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Great suggestion! Will be trying this out!
Yeah no problem.