Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 95 Likes Search this Thread
12-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #121
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Interesting to see this company supporting Pentax. Has anyone used the software enough to see how well it does things like timelapse?
I use it and they added Pentax there because I asked before(then no), and after SDKS were released. it is professional stopmotion program. you can try it for free, if I can remember right.

you can adjust your timelapse by any way almost. interval between shots by Day/Hour/Min/Sec, when you want it to start and stop and also restrict frames. so basically it is up to you. only drawback would be that you have to drag laptop with you. you can edit your shots in other program and bring them back.

haven’t give this timelapse a go, but might just do it. but why I put thisup here isthat why there has not been smarter way of theter from other programs. these guys made this work in weeks. and if you notice things to improve they do listen..

12-03-2018, 12:55 AM   #122
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I use it and they added Pentax there because I asked before(then no), and after SDKS were released. it is professional stopmotion program. you can try it for free, if I can remember right.

you can adjust your timelapse by any way almost. interval between shots by Day/Hour/Min/Sec, when you want it to start and stop and also restrict frames. so basically it is up to you. only drawback would be that you have to drag laptop with you. you can edit your shots in other program and bring them back.

haven’t give this timelapse a go, but might just do it. but why I put thisup here isthat why there has not been smarter way of theter from other programs. these guys made this work in weeks. and if you notice things to improve they do listen..
My guess is that you could also use a smartphone running on Windows then.
12-03-2018, 01:18 AM   #123
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
My guess is that you could also use a smartphone running on Windows then.
It could be. Haven't really tried. Files will be big, and program is quite hefty even on my Mac Book Pro with 16 GBRAM. But portable solution might work.
12-03-2018, 02:17 AM - 3 Likes   #124
Pentaxian

In the next release of Wireless Commander for Pentax there will be the Planned Shots function. This function will allow to program a multi shot session with different focus between shots. Stay tuned...

12-03-2018, 07:52 AM   #125
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would be all over this software (software dev here) but sadly my K3 isn't on the list of supported cameras, and I have no cash for a newer body at the moment. :^/

Funny, my one thing I really wanted to do (probably left a message way back in this thread) is write a focus stacker...
12-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #126
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Since the SDKs have been out for a while, I'm wondering a couple of things.

1: Do the SDKS allow for a way of setting the camera to take multiple exposures in timed bulb mode? By this I mean I want to set the camera to take 15 5 minute exposures and I've not been able to do this. Even an external intervalometer fails (and it could be the external wired intervalometer that's at fault here) in this case it takes a 5 minute shot then resets to 99 hours before the next shot, no amount of fiddling seemed to change that behavior. It would be nice to either use my phone or laptop to accomplish this.

2: If the SDKs allow for this, has anyone built a program/app that implements this functionality? I'd pay to have this ability.
12-11-2018, 06:45 PM   #127
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Craigbob Quote
has anyone built a program/app that implements this functionality?
Introducing Pentax Wi-Fi & USB Tether by PentaxForums.com - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com
Keep the overview on the increasing tethering options for Pentax cameras - PentaxForums.com

12-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #128
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you! I'll check it out.
12-17-2018, 07:30 AM - 1 Like   #129
Pentaxian

Since the SDKs have been out for a while, I'm wondering a couple of things.

1: Do the SDKS allow for a way of setting the camera to take multiple exposures in timed bulb mode? By this I mean I want to set the camera to take 15 5 minute exposures and I've not been able to do this. Even an external intervalometer fails (and it could be the external wired intervalometer that's at fault here) in this case it takes a 5 minute shot then resets to 99 hours before the next shot, no amount of fiddling seemed to change that behavior. It would be nice to either use my phone or laptop to accomplish this.

2: If the SDKs allow for this, has anyone built a program/app that implements this functionality? I'd pay to have this ability.
In the next release of Wireless Commander for Pentax there will be also this function inside the Planned Shots features.

Last edited by Andrea K; 12-17-2018 at 07:41 AM.
12-17-2018, 09:00 PM   #130
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
In the next release of Wireless Commander for Pentax there will be also this function inside the Planned Shots features.
Awesome! I can't wait. When will it be out?
12-18-2018, 03:03 AM - 2 Likes   #131
Pentaxian

Awesome! I can't wait. When will it be out?
It's in the testing phase, I hope to release it in the first days of 2019.
In the next release will there:
1- Planned Shots: with this function you can set every shot parameter, also the AF point, and make a program of shots with an interval between each or specific date/time. Works in M / B timed / X modes.
2- Live View enhancements: there will be a red square to indicate the focus point. If you use the LV zoom after the focus point selection you will have a zoom on the focus area.
3- Picture review enhancements: you can zoom also stored pictures.
4- LV Zoom K-70 bug: K-70 has a bug with Pentax LV zoom implementation, I made a dedicated version of this function to have a working zoom also with the K-70
5- Bugfixes

Last edited by Andrea K; 12-20-2018 at 03:35 AM.
12-18-2018, 03:27 PM   #132
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

1- Planned Shots: with this function you can set every shot parameter, also the AF point, and make a program of shots with an interval between each or specific date/time. Works in M / B timed / X modes.
2- Live View enhancements: there will be a red square to indicate the focus point. If you use the LV zoom after the focus point selection you will have a zoom on the focus area.
4- LV Zoom K-70 bug: K-70 has a bug with Pentax LV zoom implementation, I made a dedicated version to have the zoom also with K-70
5- Bugfixes
Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I'd be happy to help test if you need it.
12-18-2018, 07:49 PM   #133
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

4- LV Zoom K-70 bug: K-70 has a bug with Pentax LV zoom implementation, I made a dedicated version to have the zoom also with K-70
5- Bugfixes
1 sounds like it could be interesting for stacked shots. Do I understand that correctly?
12-20-2018, 01:24 AM - 1 Like   #134
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
1 sounds like it could be interesting for stacked shots. Do I understand that correctly?
uhmmm.... maybe...

Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I'd be happy to help test if you need it.
Ok, I have to complete some developement tests and after I will send a beta to all "my" wonderful testers.

Last edited by Andrea K; 12-20-2018 at 02:44 AM.
12-20-2018, 03:46 AM   #135
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

uhmmm.... maybe...

Ok, I have to complete some developement tests and after I will send a beta to all "my" wonderful testers.
That looks pretty promising. Very well done!