Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2018, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

My K-1 body is already at the Precision Camera facility in Connecticut. I have dealt with Precision multi times both Pentax and Panasonic cameras and never had a problem with them.

I will let you all know the turnaround time.

05-23-2018, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Trading in a good condition K-1 for a brand new K-1ii doesn't cost that much more (with SRS UK, at least) and you get a brand new warranty to go with your brand new camera...you'd possibly do even better selling privately first.

05-23-2018, 09:23 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
My K-1 body is already at the Precision Camera facility in Connecticut. I have dealt with Precision multi times both Pentax and Panasonic cameras and never had a problem with them.

I will let you all know the turnaround time.
Rico,
Thanks for status. Be interested when you get yous back as I'm sending this weekend.

RONC
05-23-2018, 11:18 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
Rico,
Thanks for status. Be interested when you get yous back as I'm sending this weekend.

RONC
rechmbrs I had to wait till this week to send it in. I sent it out last night at 6PM UPS. They received it before 10am this morning. Regular deliver. The trip was just across the Long Island Sound.

I guess the process will all depend on how many cameras they have at the facility at one time to deal with.

05-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #20

A video review of Precision camera on Youtube said if you press "1" after calling the 800 number you can talk to the operator who will give you detailed and up-to-date status of repairs. The reviewer had sent a Pentax lens in for repair and rated Precision overall a D+ because it took 6 or seven weeks for the repair - the lens was sent back to Japan and he included the shipping time to and from Precision. He did say he used a slower shipping service to save money and had no complaints about Precision's responsiveness to phone calls. The secret is pressing "1" to get the operator. No complaints about the repair - just the length of time and because Precision didn't have parts on hand.
05-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope everyone has better luck with Precision. Both of my experiences ended with me having to fix something they did wrong while repairing my camera. I would like to have my K1 upgraded but unfortunately my confidence in them is not very high right now. I will be interested in hearing about other's experiences.
05-23-2018, 05:52 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've said this before on another thread, but I cannot imagine Ricoh/Pentax would be doing this if they didn't have a high degree of confidence in their process and training for the Precision camera techs.
The people likely to be doing this are the high-end, demanding users. Pretty much the last people that Pentax would want to piss off in any quantity. It would be a PR disaster for them. And this would be pretty obvious to them before even proposing such a thing.
Does that guarantee 100% no problems? No. But I'd imagine very few.

I'm still holding out to see some sample comparisons of astro photos at high ISO. But if those look good, mine will go in with little hesitation.

06-01-2018, 05:00 PM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

My upgraded K-1MKII was returned today. Every thing seems to check out. It took about 1 week turnaround considering the holiday weekend.
06-01-2018, 06:19 PM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
My upgraded K-1MKII was returned today. Every thing seems to check out. It took about 1 week turnaround considering the holiday weekend.
Have you posted your experience on this thread The official K-1 to K-1 Mark II Upgrade Feedback Thread - PentaxForums.com ?
06-01-2018, 10:01 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveinSLC Quote
I cannot imagine Ricoh/Pentax would be doing this if they didn't have a high degree of confidence in their process and training for the Precision camera techs.
That's not necessarily so... If, say, they had high confidence in their Asian and European centres - but less so their North American ones - the market there is so tiny compared to the rest put together that they might be prepared to take the hit of a few extra returns to Japan. All entirely speculation on my part, not being present in the relevant board meetings...but I think your confidence could easily be misplaced.
06-17-2018, 10:49 AM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I sent mine in May 21st and got it back June 1st. This past Friday( the 15th) received this e mail from Precision: We are notifying you regarding your recent service for the K-1 MK II upgrade. It has come to our attention there is an updated adjustment for your cameras Wifi settings released by Ricoh-Pentax after your upgrade service was completed. This adjustment requires you to return your K-1 MK II to Precision Camera for this update.

We apologize for this inconvenience, as a courtesy, we have provided you a return label at no additional cost to you. Please print this label and return your K-1 MK II at your earliest convenience to Precision Camera. Your return service will be expedited and return shipping will also be provided as a courtesy to you.

• We recommend you do not use your camera’s Wifi function until your camera has the updated adjustments performed.