Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
05-24-2018, 11:29 AM   #16
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
User and thread ignored.
A bit harsh, I'd say. OP is merely trying to raise a bit of enthusiasm for the brand by suggesting the possibility of some interesting stuff.

05-24-2018, 11:44 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by x4rd Quote
Could You guess what it is?
If Ricoh Imaging cannot grow their revenues by selling to more customers (competing with other brands of cameras), they can always sell more to the same customers by bringing complementary products that also bring an enjoyable benefit to the loyal customers. Ricoh could bring a dedicated photo display technology to match color profiles of Pentax cameras, or a range of photo printers that works best with Pentax cameras. I'm always wondered why a lot of camera shops don't sell specialized monitors for photo processing.
05-24-2018, 02:27 PM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
That is a nice way of responding to those kind of self-important posts. Good for you.
In contrast to this kind of self-important post?

My trusted source told me that we could expect some announcements targeting Photokina this year. I don't want to reveal everything I know yet,
05-24-2018, 03:46 PM - 2 Likes   #19
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cfraz Quote
In contrast to this kind of self-important post?

Yes.

He seems to want to share what he knows, but (seemingly) doesn't want to share if it is incorrect or might get someone in trouble? Maybe he is being a bit playful. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

That is entirely different from someone announcing to the world they are ignoring someone. I think we're very unkind here for a group otherwise considered rather civil...

05-24-2018, 04:31 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Hi Folks,

My trusted source told me that we could expect some announcements targeting Photokina this year. I don't want to reveal everything I know yet, but according to my information we will see two new products from Ricoh. Important thing is that none of them is a DSLR, rather a consequence of a recent Ricoh activity in some areas.

Could You guess what it is?
DFA 50mm. we can see it in beta ii mode and then be made available as soon as after 2019 ? Just kidding
05-24-2018, 04:36 PM - 6 Likes   #21
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Okay, so it's confirmed that there's a rumor that there will later be a rumor of a rumored product.
05-24-2018, 06:47 PM - 7 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Right. As this is neither news nor rumour, I think it's time to kill the thread. The OP is welcome to start a new thread if more information comes to light.

threadclosed

Closed Thread