Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
05-27-2018, 12:11 PM - 1 Like   #1

some kind of SHOW or attractive EVENTS at this years RICOH booth at PHOTOKINA ?

...I visited Photokina 2014... and inspected the RICOH booth and setup at Photokina 2016 thru videos and reports in div. forum threads and websites...
And somehow it comes to my mind, that whilst all other offer a real show to attract buyers and retailers to their brands.
RICOH plays serious grampa at every Photokina... whilst at least doing a little bit more for their coolness factor... at certain asian fairs...

I remember some events in Asia... Where girls that where clothed very lightly and bodypainted with the PENTAX-logo played billiards. - If that aint attractive... i dont know.
... then there was an event where they where mixing cocktails at the RICOH booth...("WHYSOEVER")

(I think that was in Japan)... I would love something more photo-centric... But I wouldnt say NO to the girls mixing cocktails at the RICOH booth.
Whatever they want to do... they should at least do something...
Note that other makers always hire artists for such events.

In Canons Redroom, you can watch On-Stage-Workshops, etc.
Sony had BMX-artists moving around on a spot in their area...
etc., etc.

So just asking... about the events i did not visit... Did RICOH-Imaging/PENTAX ever let a PENTAX/RICOH Ambassador show off, what is possible with our gear if you know how to handle it?
Did Kenspo ever do a show ?
Or Remo Neuhaus? or at least somebody not that popular?

I also brought that up under Suggestions&Feedback... but it seems also the Reps only move their hands in the "Pentax News and Rumours"-Section.

Only wanted to note that we maybe should vote for someone... who does some kind of On-Stage Workshop at PHOTOKINA...

original thread:

RICOHs - PHOTOKINA BOOTH (appearance) - ?night-sleeper-station? - PentaxForums.com

Maybe some of the of. RICOH rep. want to explain in here, why you make the visitors of the RICOH booth feel a bit "left".

05-27-2018, 12:31 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hitrate Quote
I also brought that up under Suggestions&Feedback... but it seems also the Reps only move their hands in the "Pentax News and Rumours"-Section.
Reps do not post here. They do read our threads, though.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-27-2018, 01:07 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Reps do not post here. They do read our threads, though.
I hope so. Would love to see a bit more action at RICOHs booth...
Anyway... I vote for Kenspo to show up there. - I think he s not too fancy and kinda down to earth and straight ahead guy... They should at least show some of his pix in print at the show.
Switching through his online photos...

Alice Cooper shot from 2017 looks amazingly cool.
Also Alissa White-Gluz and Arch Enemy in BW...
Ivan and 5FDP
Dregen and Backyard Babies at Skogsröjet photo where some water sprinkles into the frame from the left side, also looks great and makes you adept the feeling that the gear the photographer used to take that shot,
is built to RESIST.
05-27-2018, 01:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Shows like this at Photokina would certainly brighten up the Ricoh booth.

05-27-2018, 02:35 PM - 5 Likes   #5
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Shows like this at Photokina would certainly brighten up the Ricoh booth.

Which one are you?
05-27-2018, 09:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Which one are you?
Alas, I couldn't make that event.

It was in Taipei, I believe. A few thousand km too far for me to travel. And I received no invitation.
05-27-2018, 09:25 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Sure, sure. But remember what you're asking for is exactly what costs money
Basically, that's marketing.

Sure Ricoh could be a lot better in that area but the money need to comes from somewhere. Either they need to charge more are they have less money for R&D/manufacturing.

I agree this is frustrating though

05-27-2018, 10:17 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I believe Dutch wildlife photographer Mike Muizenbeltrgh did a presentation/workshop on last Photokina. Possibly along with some other photographers, that I don't remember. I remember Mike because know him from the days he was very active on the DPR forum under the name of mousehill. Participation was on reservation only however.

I do seem to remember other demos on earlier shows that were open to the public, though I never attended one. Seats fill up very fast on these things.

Shoots with models and decors is another thing. I never saw that with Pentax. Not since I started attending about 10 years ago anyway. But there is a trend to do less of this with other brands as well. This struck me two years ago...

Wim

Last edited by Ishpuini; 05-29-2018 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Typo in Mike's name... Doh...
05-28-2018, 12:04 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Back to the HOYA time
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
05-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Sure, sure. But remember what you're asking for is exactly what costs money
Basically, that's marketing.

Sure Ricoh could be a lot better in that area but the money need to comes from somewhere. Either they need to charge more...
Really? The "RICOH is nearly a salvation army"-card? Honestly i dont want to comment on it. - If you believe thats a good thing to do. Go on. I wont comment that any further...

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
I believe Dutch wildlife photographer Mike Muizenbergh did a presentation/workshop on last Photokina. Possibly along with some other photographers, that I don't remember. I remember Mike because know him from the days he was very active on the DPR forum under the name of mousehill. Participation was on reservation only however.

So sorry i missed that.

Crooski - Thats what i meant. But today... only setting up those girls with the logo and let them stand there isnt enough any more... There has to be an idea or some kind of action. Something like a flashmob or so.

F.I.: Give a GR to every of those girls. Make them give away free hugs and let them afterwards tell the visitor they recently hugged to take a photo of them(her) with the GR.
Let them jot down the name of the visitor who took the shot, if they are willing to give it ... and put every photo(with the name of the photographer) in a gallery on a Website. = FUN.
IDEAS. (that are somehow flashmobesk...)
... They dont have to hire "Mr. Testino" to present the advantages of the fine tuned K-1 sensor or yoll like that... Just show some #PENTAXLOVE , Ricoh. Thank you.
But if they can effort Mario Testino, they defenitely should hire him. (Just jokin on the cost of the typical financier-angst. LOL)

And its also a pitty that the "walkaround-models" seem to decrease. But maybe thats only your impression. I dont know. Anyway I hope only the best for the next appearance of our system at all the upcoming photo-fairs...

BTW: Mike Muizebelt is also a good idea... but thing is.. I feel that the whole "only nature photographer gear"-reputation may totally limit our potential on the market. (Especially since that is not true 'cause the K-1 and the 645Z are very professional tools, that are a charm for cool product photography... Its amazing what you can do with steady-light setup and the K-1 in Pixelshift mode.)

IMHO there is no need to promote the "ideal-nature-photog-gear"-factor any further since its clear as day to me that taking a PENTAX KP or K-70 to a Holi-Festival or into a sandy desert is a much better idea than showing up with a Nikon 5100... or one of the Sony 6000(series)

Last edited by hitrate; 05-28-2018 at 01:43 PM.
05-28-2018, 04:48 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Meanwhile in Australia ...