06-05-2018, 03:11 AM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

It's battery charger registration time:

후지필름일렉트로닉이미징코리아 주식회사 | Battery Charger 인증현황

06-05-2018, 08:40 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
Because, chargers for GR battery is separate not included with camera.
I don't understand what difference that makes.
What does 'registration' accomplish?
06-05-2018, 08:45 AM - 2 Likes   #33
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
GRIIkmii
How is that pronounced? Greekimy?

Steve
06-05-2018, 08:55 AM   #34
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
They form the rational for rumors on Pentax forums, generate articles on Pentax Rumors (Fuji Rumors too --> LINK), and also serve to create short-term stock value spikes that are taken advantage of by persons unknown who possess insider knowledge of such registrations. Korean battery charger registration officials get a kickback of course.

BTW, the Ricoh battery registration notice cannot possibly be for the new GR since everyone knows that camera is rumored to be branded Pentax and BJ charger designations are reserved for Ricoh product.

Steve

(...needing a tongue-in-cheek emoticon...)

Last edited by stevebrot; 06-05-2018 at 09:44 AM.
06-05-2018, 10:01 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have it, from a very reliable source, that the Fuji battery charger emits a secret mind-control frequency, which can only be counteracted by purchasing the Pentax battery charger. This is so that both companies can profit.
06-05-2018, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
I have it, from a very reliable source, that the Fuji battery charger emits a secret mind-control frequency, which can only be counteracted by purchasing the Pentax battery charger. This is so that both companies can profit.
Given that was privileged information, I suggest you watch your back in a VERY serious way.

Steve

(...possible agent of the Korean Battery Charger Inspection/Registration Authority (KBCIRA)...)
06-05-2018, 05:04 PM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Yes, and I applaud Fuji for this, they are really trying to improve their system, but of course, bigger battery means more weight to the already growing mirrorless system.

06-05-2018, 05:29 PM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
everyone knows that camera is rumored to be branded Pentax and BJ charger designations are reserved for Ricoh product.
According to this interview by imaging-resource, Ricoh @ CP+: Rewarding K-1 fans with a major upgrade, plus what comes next after the K-3 II?
Ricoh will not merge their camera brand with Pentax. They will keep GR series under Ricoh and SLRs under Pentax.
06-05-2018, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #39
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IloveGR Quote
According to this interview by imaging-resource, Ricoh @ CP+: Rewarding K-1 fans with a major upgrade, plus what comes next after the K-3 II?
Ricoh will not merge their camera brand with Pentax. They will keep GR series under Ricoh and SLRs under Pentax.
My comment was tongue in cheek since there has been wide speculation on other threads here and elsewhere that the next GR might be branded Pentax. Where that comes from is anyone's guess and probably originated in the same dark closet as the conclusion that this battery charger MUST be for the next GR which MUST be going to burst onto the market at any moment.

BTW...Welcome to the Pentax Forums

Steve

(...likes the GR and might even yet get one...would like it more if it were FF and had a hybrid viewfinder...)

Last edited by stevebrot; 06-06-2018 at 02:16 AM. Reason: grammar
06-05-2018, 08:29 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Registration of a product is for retailers, so there would not be confusion if for example fuji makes the charger with the same name but for different battery. Rumors seekers use such registrations to deduct new products on horizon.
06-06-2018, 03:28 AM - 1 Like   #41
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

To give a more accurate answer, many countries maintain registries of electrical and electronic goods that meet standards, sort of like UL listing in the U.S., only mandated by law. Certain rumor makers monitor the status of registries in multiple countries (Korea is very popular) looking for registration of technologies (e.g. wifi) or accessories (e.g. chargers) as a clue to the release of new models. Often enough, this sort of thing is a false flag in that a new registration may simply be an improved version of the product to meet a standards change. A good example might be the change of battery model names are few year ago.

Steve
06-19-2018, 10:15 PM - 3 Likes   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Interesting. Leaks starting?
But he is right
06-19-2018, 10:26 PM   #43
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Interesting
06-20-2018, 12:12 AM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
But he is right
That's what I'm hoping, that it's a leak i.e. genuine information about a soon to come product.
Thanks for confirming.
06-20-2018, 12:18 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Well if the battery is bigger it better make better coffee than the current model.

---------- Post added 06-20-18 at 12:20 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
(...likes the GR and might even yet get one...would like it more if it were FF and had a hybrid viewfinder...)
It's still my favorite line, digital anyhow.