Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1125 Likes Search this Thread
06-05-2018, 09:18 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I posted about 60 times yesterday without any necromancy and Norm posted near 40 times, bertwert over 70. No necromancy just responding in thread rather than just thinking it. That is all it takes, a basic sentence or two of what you had in your head but were not going to post. (There are limits since we can't be nasty like DPR. )

06-05-2018, 09:19 AM - 2 Likes   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
Another fear-mongering, "the end is nigh!" people. Remeber 12/21/12? And then, shortly following that, 12/22/12? These doom and gloom "I know when X Company will fall!" are almost always wrong. Get me a person who is an actual expert in business affairs and has correctly predicted the downfall of multiple companies and I'll believe him more than this guy. The only thing we know for certain is that in 4 billion years, the Andromeda Galaxy will collide with the Milky Way and in 5 billion years, the sun will have burned all it's hydrogen and expand into a Red Giant.

For a minute there I thought you said 5 million. Whew, I can relax now.
06-05-2018, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #48
Pentaxian

@MikeyBugs95:
Get me a person who correctly predicted Samsung camera division's downfall. Ahead of the first clear signs.
Those "experts" are clueless.
L.E. Just to be clear, I'm talking about fake/Internet "experts".

Last edited by Kunzite; 06-05-2018 at 11:52 AM.
06-05-2018, 09:37 AM   #49
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
The only thing we know for certain is that in 4 billion years, the Andromeda Galaxy will collide with the Milky Way and in 5 billion years, the sun will have burned all it's hydrogen and expand into a Red Giant.
According to Amateur Photographer, that's happening next week... The good news is, they're offering discounted subscriptions. Every cloud has a silver lining

06-05-2018, 09:48 AM - 2 Likes   #50
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TheGrandPrixKid Quote
Amateur Photographer
They are amateurs, 'nuff said...

Steve
06-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I posted about 60 times yesterday without any necromancy and Norm posted near 40 times, bertwert over 70. No necromancy just responding in thread rather than just thinking it. That is all it takes, a basic sentence or two of what you had in your head but were not going to post. (There are limits since we can't be nasty like DPR. )
Nope. You don't want to hear that.
06-05-2018, 09:51 AM - 1 Like   #52
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I certainly hope its understood that the number of posts do not result in a place in the raffle drawing or any preference at all, except maybe bragging rights and the ire of one's peers.

Steve

(...amazing the number of gratuitous posts over the last couple of days...)

06-05-2018, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #53

Since Amateur Photographer is down to about 64 pages and is getting a bit moribund, I have been wondering recently if it's them who are on the way out. That would be a shame, I think; I used to be a subscriber, and bought my first copy as a schoolboy in about 1973. Back then, AP approached 200 pages, though much of it was advertising. On the subject of advertising, the AP website tends to have some adverts for will writing services and other non photographic things; it cheapens the whole site.
I would have thought that a combination of an internet and a paper magazine would be just right for a photography magazine. Oh well.
06-05-2018, 10:12 AM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
the ire of one's peers.
I've never experienced that before, what's it like?
06-05-2018, 10:16 AM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Someone resurrected my 2015 photo to say "Nice".
Adam has a special algorithm for resurrecting Post Your Photo threads that are more than 2 years old. He's done this before.

Edit: Gratuitous posts are for the greater good of the PentaxForums community, to reach the 40,000 post threshold, at which point certain members will fight tooth and nail to be the first 50 posters in a special beat the buzzer thread.

Last edited by RGlasel; 06-05-2018 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Gratuitous, of course.
06-05-2018, 10:17 AM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I've never experienced that before, what's it like?
Good one Norm!
06-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #57
Pentaxian

Good one Norm!
On way too many levels.
06-05-2018, 10:56 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
"Nice". I can't help but hear that in a Borat voice
That's funny, I hear it in a Dr. Venture voice.
06-05-2018, 11:01 AM   #59
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by TheGrandPrixKid Quote
Amateur Photographer a well respected weekly photo news and review publication in the UK
Apparently this needs to be:

"Amateur Photographer a well once respected weekly photo news and review publication in the UK"

If their goal was traffic and buzz, they will sure get it from us.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-05-2018, 11:02 AM   #60
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
DPR used their special-language-just-for-Pentax for ages. No, they don't care about damaging their relationship with Ricoh/Pentax.
And yet, I read Ashiman is consorting over there
Silver lining wise, any publicity is good? There maybe people who have a look and see just because the name is out there.
Closed Thread