Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1125 Likes Search this Thread
06-05-2018, 06:53 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

DPReview is a brand of Amazon. Just sayin'.

06-05-2018, 06:57 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Clickbait
06-05-2018, 07:03 AM - 2 Likes   #18

Original Poster
I've read the article several times and I agree with what many of you, firstly why did the author leave dpreview? Secondly I found the article very unprofessional as this week's main feature is the review of the new K1II, and not very clever to scare prospective owners away when your own magazine is reviewing it's flagship model.

Personally I've just reinvested in some new Pentax equipment, my only personnel belief is ricoh needs a serious mirrorless option to bring to the market even if it just uses an adapter for current k mount lenses to begin with.
06-05-2018, 07:04 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Everybody is an oracle these days.
It's easy; let me show you....

I predict the end of Canon!
I predict the end of the European Union!
I predict the end of Humanity!
I predict the end of the UNIVERSE!!!!

All of these are inevitable. The trick is to keep repeating it, then quickly say "I warned 'ya" when a prediction actually comes true.
Then stick out your hands to receive the praise and massive fortune that is sure to follow.

06-05-2018, 07:04 AM - 6 Likes   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In other news, the days of print media are numbered more than those of camera companies.
06-05-2018, 07:09 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TheGrandPrixKid Quote
Amateur Photographer a well respected weekly photo news and review publication in the UK has just Predicted end Pentax and K1ii likely to be it's last new Camera. Article written by Andy Westlake who is Technical Editor and a former DPReview reviewer, wrote that the slow down in the release of new lenses, camera bodies and Ricoh's reluctance to enter the mirrorless market will lead to the demise of Pentax due to lack of research and development. He says quote "Pentax isn't even a company in its own right any more" pointing to Pentax just being a brand name used by Ricoh. At the end of the article he says "it will be a real shame to see Pentax disappear, but the Pentax K1 mark ii would be a fitting last hurrah"

Although we've all read the writing is on the wall for Pentax in the past it has been easy to dismiss. But to read an article by a respected publication, by a knowledgeable and respected photojournalist is a bit more concerning than random stories from the mass online media. Anyone else read the article or have any thoughts?
Hmmmmm, sounds like political "conventional wisdom"! Never correct about anything but always there to disperse their wisdom.
Larry
06-05-2018, 07:20 AM - 2 Likes   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This news is Sensational !!!!

I've never heard anything like it before - what am I going to do ????

06-05-2018, 07:24 AM   #23
Pentaxian

firstly why did the author leave dpreview? Secondly I found the article very unprofessional as this week's main feature is the review of the new K1II, and not very clever to scare prospective owners away when your own magazine is reviewing it's flagship model.
Probably because DPR moved to Seattle.Yes, it's extremely unprofessional.
06-05-2018, 07:34 AM - 1 Like   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Where's the "Pentax is Doomed" rubber stamp?
PentaxIsDooomed™
06-05-2018, 07:35 AM - 1 Like   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
We really just need to burn down DPR wherever it is. They are breeding and spreading to other magazines like pink eye. So far no inoculation is available.

Every time I read the words DPR these days I feel dirty and spend hours in the shower trying to wash it off.

Reading a DPR review of cameras you actually own and use causes PTSD. It's like they do everything imaginable to try and make you angry, depressed and ready to jump off a bridge. They assault Pentax and Pentax users, who they consider to be in need fo "saving", with themselves as the appointed "saviours."

The trouble with "self appointed saviours" is they'll lie so they can take your money.

DPR is desperate. They need some clicks.

I predict Amateur Photography dies before Pentax does.
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I predict Amateur Photography dies before Pentax does.
Hear, hear
06-05-2018, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #26
ogl
Banned

He says quote "Pentax isn't even a company in its own right any more" pointing to Pentax just being a brand name used by Ricoh. At the end of the article he says "it will be a real shame to see Pentax disappear, but the Pentax K1 mark ii would be a fitting last hurrah"
I remember that Pentax was buried many times from the time of *ist D. Not many times, but MANY-MANY times.
06-05-2018, 07:47 AM - 3 Likes   #27
Pentaxian

Writing the article:
06-05-2018, 07:50 AM   #28
Pentaxian

...by a knowledgeable and respected photojournalist...
Hah. A journalist uses sources rather than guessing. The article sounds like conjecture being passed off as fact.
06-05-2018, 07:52 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
It's easy; let me show you....

I predict the end of Canon!
I predict the end of the European Union!
I predict the end of Humanity!
I predict the end of the UNIVERSE!!!!

All of these are inevitable. The trick is to keep repeating it, then quickly say "I warned 'ya" when a prediction actually comes true.
Then stick out your hands to receive the praise and massive fortune that is sure to follow.
Probably won't happen after the last two, though!
06-05-2018, 07:58 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AstroDave Quote
Probably won't happen after the last two, though!
I'll still be right, which is all that matters. The god particles will know even if no human is left witness.
I predict all my predictions will come true!!, (eventually).
Closed Thread