Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1125 Likes Search this Thread
06-10-2018, 08:29 AM - 3 Likes   #286
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Hahahaha is sooooo wrong
They are knowing nothing
You can't just come here and tease on a Sunday afternoon... just spill the damn beans!

06-10-2018, 08:32 AM   #287
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not sure about strobes (the lighting oriented youtube channels are mostly filled with sony/canikon users making videos and tutorials), but I'm part of a large landscape group on Facebook, and I see other Pentax users in there. The K-1 got a very positive feedback when it came out (was part of the reason I switched to Pentax from mft), so maybe the little upgrade K-1 II got was not aimed at getting new people into the system, but rather aimed at their own user base, people that didn't switch from apsc to ff back in 2015-16. Pretty sure next upgrade will be more substantial, and will get better press and attention again.
06-10-2018, 08:37 AM - 7 Likes   #288
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hahahaha amateur photographer is sooooo wrong
They are knowing nothing
Thank you!

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
You can't just come here and tease on a Sunday afternoon... just spill the damn beans!
Heh! Uhm, yes he can. He just did.

Just use your brains everyone. What sense would it make for a company that’s about to shut it’s doors to release a steady stream of new products, some of them highly proprietary, original and covered by multiple patents?

We need to stop impressing the Canon, (failing) Nikon, and Sony business models on Pentax. Pentax is different. Let them be different. Enjoy being different yourselves.

And if you can’t do that - stop making us miserable and just move the heck on.

Last edited by monochrome; 06-10-2018 at 06:31 PM.
06-10-2018, 08:41 AM   #289
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
stop making us miserable and just move the heck on.
Wise words

06-10-2018, 08:44 AM - 2 Likes   #290
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
What sense would it make for a company that’s about to shut it’s doors the be releasing a steady stream of new products, some of them highly proprietary, original and covered by multiple patents?
They may close overnight, and reopen in the morning.
06-10-2018, 08:51 AM - 12 Likes   #291
Veteran Member

OK.....more lenses in near future than I thought.....a clear plan about the different systems, new service like Japan and lenses and maybe September a clear statement about the Pentax future in the Ricoh family
Sorry, that must be all about this.
But, amateur photographer is so wrong.....wronger like the rain weather forecast for Las Vegas
06-10-2018, 08:55 AM   #292
Veteran Member

OK.....more lenses in near future than I thought.....a clear plan about the different systems, new service like Japan and lenses and maybe September a clear statement about the Pentax future in the Ricoh family
But, amateur photographer is so wrong.....wronger like the rain weather forecast for Las Vegas
^this is, I think, way more important than lens and camera releases...
Thanks for letting us know

06-10-2018, 08:59 AM - 7 Likes   #293
Pentaxian

Better to read one person who knows a little than a thousand people who just make nonsense up.

I believe. based on my experience that Pentax could increase their market share dramatically by including a free 58 inch canoe paddle with each camera. Based on my experience, that would be a big way to increase market share. I might buy a new camera every time I need a new canoe paddle. I suspect a lot of my canoeing buddies would as well.

The thing that amuses me is there are people who think their technical nonsense opinion is worth more than my suggestion. The egos just keep getting bigger.

The only difference between me and them is, I look at mine and know it's nonsense. These other dudes take themselves seriously. Simple fact, there is not one person on this forum who has a testable theory on what it would take to increase Pentax's market share. They all think "this is what I would like " and everyone else is like me so doing what i want would increase Pentax's market share. It's all nonsense. Everyone isn't like you, everyone isn't like me. Time to stop spouting nonsense. Stop projecting what you want into predictions of what would happen to Pentax if they did it. To be blunt, you don't know caca.

Everyone knows what Pentax should put in their cameras to sell to themselves, no one knows what effect that would have on the other 100,000 + Pentax users. Until you have an analysis that can accurately predict who would be turned on by a feature, and who would be turned off by it, or pay the price increase it causes, no one knows anything.

It all reminds me of an old MNR decision to allow drag netting in a trout lake to decrease the numbers of "inferior species" to increase the Lake trout population and thereby increase the sale of fishing licenses. The lake already produced lakers of up to 20 pounds. What happened, clearly at some point in their life cycle those big trout ate those inferior species. A lake trout over 5 pounds hasn't been caught in that lake in 30 years. It made sense in some minds. the MNR approved the plan. They ruined a fishery.

The information used by amateurs to determine what Pentax should do has no where near the scientific preparation that lake trout study did. There are a pile of people who are continuously wrong in their assessment, logical though they may sound, who are completely off the hook (until now) because they vehemently argue untestable theories. Theories that like the lake trout thing, could ruin the brand. They are just like the MNR biologists, only with less scientific education and information.

And of course, they are responsible for nothing, their ridiculous theories cost them nothing, they have nothing to lose spouting this nonsense. They don't even apologize for their ridiculous theories when Pentax continues to survive year after year. It's a non-stop caucaphony of mindless complaints.

What I don't understand is why these people with all their complaints consider themselves to possessors of some greater truth, than those of us who just go out and continue to enjoy our gear day after day, month after month, year after year. They really honestly believe they are seeing some greater truth that those us who have just learned how to go out and be happy are missing. Like being some kind of miserable chronic complainer is in some way better than someone who understands his gear and has learned to be happy living with it's limitations.

It's easy to run your mouth off about how someone should play their cards, when you have no money on the table. What we have here is a bunch of people who want to play poker with someone else's money.

Last edited by normhead; 07-12-2018 at 09:32 AM.
06-10-2018, 09:35 AM - 1 Like   #294
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Better to read one person who knows a little than a thousand people who just make nonsense up.

I believe. based on my experience that Pentax could increase their market share dramatically by including a free 58 inch canoe paddle with each camera. Based on my experience, that would be a big way to increase market share. I might buy a new camera every time I need a new canoe paddle. I supect a lot of my canoeing buddies would as well.

The thing that amuses me is there are people who think their technical nonsense opinion is worth more than my suggestion. The egos just keep getting bigger.

The only difference between me and them is, I look and mine and know it's nonsense. These other dudes take themselves seriously. Simple fact, there is not one person on this forum who has testable theory what it would take to increase Pentax's market share. They all think "this is what I would like " and everyone else is like me so doing what i want would increase Pentax's market share. It's all nonsense. Everyone isn't like you, everyone isn't like me. Time to stop spouting nonsense. Stop projecting what you want into predictions of what would happen to Pentax if they did it. To be blunt, you don't know caca.
IOW, Be of Good Cheer Pentaxians - or don’t.

Ricoh does have a Plan, but you might not be happy about it, and more than likely you will post all the reasons why you know their Plan means PentaxIsDoomedTM.
06-10-2018, 09:54 AM   #295
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote

I believe. based on my experience that Pentax could increase their market share dramatically by including a free 58 inch canoe paddle with each camera. Based on my experience, that would be a big way to increase market share. I might buy a new camera every time I need a new canoe paddle. I supect a lot of my canoeing buddies would as well.

The only difference between me and them is, I look and mine and know it's nonsense. These other dudes take themselves seriously. Simple fact, there is not one person on this forum who has testable theory what it would take to increase Pentax's market share. They all think "this is what I would like " and everyone else is like me so doing what i want would increase Pentax's market share. It's all nonsense. Everyone isn't like you, everyone isn't like me. Time to stop spouting nonsense. Stop projecting what you want into predictions of what would happen to Pentax if they did it. To be blunt, you don't know caca.

everyone know what Pentax should put in to sell to themselves, no one knows what effect that would have on the other 100,000 + Pentax users. Until you have an analysis that can accurately predict who would be turned on bt a feature, and who would be turned off by it, or pay the price increase it causes, no one knows anything.

It all reminds me of an old MNR decision to allow drag netting in a trout lake to decrease the numbers of "inferior species" to increase the Lake trout population and thereby increase the sale of fishing licenses. The lake already produced lakers of up to 20 pounds. What happened, clearly at some point in their life cycle those big trout ate those inferior species. A lake trout over 5 pounds hasn't been caught in that lake in 30 years. It made sense in some minds. the MNR approved the plan. They ruined a fishery.

The information used by amateurs to determine what Pentax should do has no where near the scientific preparation that lake trout study did. There are a pile of people who are continuously wrong in their assessment, logical though they may sound, who are completely off the hook (until now) because they vehemently argue untestable theories. Theories that like the lake trout thing, could ruin the brand. They are just like the MNR biologists, only with less scientific education and information.

And of course, they are responsible for nothing, their ridiculous theories cost them nothing, they have nothing to lose spouting this nonsense. They don't even apologize for their ridiculous theories when Pentax continues to survive year after year. It's a non-stop caucaphony of mindless complaints.

What I don't understand is why these people with all their complaints consider themselves to possessors of some greater truth, than those of us who just go out and continue to enjoy our gear day after day, month after month, year after year. They really honestly believe they are seeing some greater truth that those us who have just learned how to go out and be happy are missing. Like being some kind of miserable chronic complainer is in some way better than someone who understands his gear and has learned to be happy living with it's limitations.

Come on, what would internet fora be without a little conjecture and speculation?
I'm all for the canoe paddle, BTW: Pentax offers WR gear, after all.
06-10-2018, 10:12 AM   #296
Pentaxian

Come on, what would internet fora be without a little conjecture and speculation?

Well then, that's all the proof I need to know I'm right.

I have no problem with people discussing whatever they want, it's about those who take it so seriously they start predicting huge growth for Pentax if Pentax does what they want.

Last edited by normhead; 06-10-2018 at 10:22 AM.
06-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #297
Veteran Member

Just use your camera as a paddle

---------- Post added 06-10-18 at 10:37 AM ----------

Nice) all good news, looking forward to future announcements
06-10-2018, 10:59 AM   #298
Pentaxian

I really hope you're right about this... the current silence is killing me.
Could you at least give us a hint about what is 'near future'?
06-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #299
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Not only about lenses but also and mostly about next APSC bodies...
06-10-2018, 11:46 AM - 1 Like   #300

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
If he could I'm sure he would.

“Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know. Close your mouth, block off your senses, blunt your sharpness, untie your knots, soften your glare, settle your dust. This is the primal identity. Be like the Tao. It can’t be approached or withdrawn from, benefited or harmed, honored or brought into disgrace. It gives itself up continually. That is why it endures.” ― Lao Tzu
Closed Thread