Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #301
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The thing that amuses me is there are people who think their technical nonsense opinion is worth more than my suggestion. The egos just keep getting bigger.
Something like that got Dan really, really upset with me - to the point I'm on his ignore list.
There is no silver bullet. There is no single action that would improve 6 months sales by an order of magnitude, to allow a net positive effect of a 50,000+ euro expense (just counting 10-15 K-1s and corresponding high-end lenses).
Pentax is not Nikon, Canon, Olympus; Pentax cannot match their efforts. Pentax doesn't even have the products to easily impress people. It's unfortunate, I'm not happy with that but it's the reality.

That easily impressing people? IMO you can't do that with image quality, Pentax' strong point - as every brand can show good looking, heavily processed pictures. An ultra-fast frame rate might do the trick. Or 4K video. Or ultra-expensive lenses very few would use, and fewer would buy. Or the best ever crop camera for action. You need something to produce a strong impact. There is no such thing.
And people are seeing this and conclude that PentaxIsDoomed.

But things are far from hopeless... the non-existent silver bullet is not needed. Pentax still makes capable equipment. Pentax can still improve a lot. If asahi man's confidence will be confirmed, it would be a big step forward in term of products. If Ricoh Imaging would learn to sell to consumers, and improve its distribution and support network...
Step after step after step after step. Takes time, it's less impressive but works.

06-10-2018, 12:09 PM - 1 Like   #302
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I really hope you're right about this... the current silence is killing me.
C

What silence?

---------- Post added 06-10-18 at 09:10 PM ----------

As far as I can tell, Pentax is very focused and are doing everything right...
06-10-2018, 12:12 PM   #303
Pentaxian

New lenses being delayed, the K-1 II being the only camera launched since the KP... stuff like this.
Just having the D FA* 50mm f/1.4 on the market would be major news; and executing the lens roadmap...

Last edited by Kunzite; 06-10-2018 at 12:19 PM.
06-10-2018, 12:25 PM   #304
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
^this is, I think, way more important than lens and camera releases...
Thanks for letting us know
So give it a rest.

06-10-2018, 12:56 PM   #305
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New lenses being delayed, the K-1 II being the only camera launched since the KP... stuff like this.
Just having the D FA* 50mm f/1.4 on the market would be major news; and executing the lens roadmap...
Patience, Padawan.
06-10-2018, 01:03 PM - 5 Likes   #306
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
So give it a rest.
Oh no....We still need 28600 posts to get to the K-1 lotery.
06-10-2018, 01:14 PM - 1 Like   #307
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
What percentage of posts this month are because of the K1 lottery? If that's creating 'noise', someone should just start a thread titled: Post to reach 40k or what would you do with a free FF Pentax DSLR?

06-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #308
Pentaxian

I think we now in the middle change
Preference
Doesn’t matter what brand camera they start slowly lost ground to win with Smart phone
Interesting all commercial affiliated with big camera product
Gone from TV
I remember they all just last year was in TV
But now no more
So I not expected too much super new from all
They probably will be improved existing model
So same Pentax they provide more support for lenses
Or software
So my point if you decide stay with professional photo camera you will be mostly stay with your trusted brand . We invested a lot with camera and lenses.
Probably rest of the world will go easy way buy Samsung LG or I phone
No need investment to lenses or software
I was in Best buy this week and ask photo department rep how frequently people buy pro camera
Answer was very few in months or very soon return what brand I ask
Response was Sony
Why too complicated
So this treat to long
Pentax not go anyway same as another brand
Just different time now
06-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #309
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Just use your camera as a paddle
...well... after all it's WR, so...
06-10-2018, 02:03 PM   #310
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What, where is this link. Or are you just counting yourself.😀
06-10-2018, 02:04 PM   #311
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
What percentage of posts this month are because of the K1 lottery? If that's creating 'noise', someone should just start a thread titled: Post to reach 40k or what would you do with a free FF Pentax DSLR?
I'm not sure what you mean by 'noise'. Most of the stuff I'm seeing right now are just the usual stuff - people who want to control what Pentax does, people who just want to complain about Pentax in general {which the article starting this thread seems to fit into}, etc.
06-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #312
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
What, where is this link. Or are you just counting yourself.😀
Pentax K-1 Triple Giveaway: Summer 2018 - Giveaways and Events | PentaxForums.com

or look at the header of almost any page
06-10-2018, 03:08 PM - 1 Like   #313
Veteran Member

Something like that got Dan really, really upset with me - to the point I'm on his ignore list.
I don't have an ignore list. I don't even know how to ad someone on such a list. I just chosed to ignore you because I like to talk with photographers, that's all. Normhead (even if we disagree from time to time) has images posted on this forum, has a Flicker page, has an website. Clackers posted images in this forum. Biz-engineer, Rondec and others also post images on the forum and on other sites. It's nice to know when you talk to someone that you can also look at his images. I learn a lot by looking at images. You have more than 10.000 comments on Pentax forum and not a single photo. I know that it's not an obligation to post images on forums, but we are on a photo forum after all.

There is no silver bullet. There is no single action that would improve 6 months sales by an order of magnitude, to allow a net positive effect of a 50,000+ euro expense (just counting 10-15 K-1s and corresponding high-end lenses).
Pentax is not Nikon, Canon, Olympus; Pentax cannot match their efforts.
You have a K1. Why don't you do something in this regard? It would be one investment less for Pentax dealer. And you said that you want to help this brand more than once. You have a chance to do it without money involved. Why don't you find a good/known photographer that wants to see how good Pentax is and why don't you go out with him and give him your camera to shoot with if you think you're not good enough to post images. It's that simple. This way you will also have the opportunity to learn some tips and tricks from an experienced photographer. You or the known photographer can write an article after a month or so and start promoting it in online. See what impact it has. You want to know why I don't like to get involved in discussions with you? Because I'm tired of " there is no silver bulet" , "there is no single action that would improve...", etc. Only doing something you can see if it works or not. You know how I helped selling Godox in Romania? I put my Godox flashes at the disposal of photographers at a few workshops and I made sure that the known photographers who attended at those workshops talked about how good Godox flashes behaved. After a week I barely managed to respond at messages from people asking me about triggers and so on. So you see, I did something other than sit on my laptop and write on forums.

That easily impressing people? IMO you can't do that with image quality, Pentax' strong point - as every brand can show good looking, heavily processed pictures. An ultra-fast frame rate might do the trick. Or 4K video. Or ultra-expensive lenses very few would use, and fewer would buy. Or the best ever crop camera for action. You need something to produce a strong impact. There is no such thing.
Mircea Bezergheanu helped increasing the sales for Olympus in Romania a lot, because he post processed images and because he's organising lots of landscape and wildlife photo tours. When Olympus Romania saw that one single man generates lots of sales, what they did? They started to provide him some gear for people to test. So you see, a single man made lots of people sell their gear and move to Olympus. And that is a fact that no one can't argue with. It would have been enough a K1 with the 3 zoom lenses and a dedicated Pentax dealer to ask Mircea Bezergheanu if he wants to test Pentax for a month or so? We don't know because no one from Pentax contacted him.

...will conclude that PentaxIsDoomed.
You have to forgive me, but when some people want to make a point about others who have different opinions, then they come up with this phrase and they put it in the sentance so that it may look like the other people think that Pentax is doomed. It's the best and easiest way to make others jump and "help" the discussion to go in the wrong direction. This phrase it's like a trigger for some Pentaxians who want to " taste some blood".

Pentax still makes capable equipment.
I know that. If you also know that, post images. It will help others who want to see images taken with capable equipment. Again, you may be surprised by how much you can learn even from some images resized fr web.

Last edited by Dan Rentea; 06-10-2018 at 03:27 PM.
06-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #314
Veteran Member

28473 now!
Still a significant way to go
06-10-2018, 03:20 PM   #315
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
28473 now!
Still a significant way to go
@Adam is trying to encourage us to remain active here all summer. This seems like a large number, but it is under 1500 per day, which is not a trivial number, but not unreasonable if each person posts every day.
Closed Thread