Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2018, 07:01 PM   #526
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SharkyCA Quote
I just made the post as an announcement, I didn't download the post myself.
Odd!!!

07-17-2018, 08:51 PM   #527
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It's a bit weird, don't know their sources without paying for it, but they claim Casio will outsell Panasonic for instance.

Casio don't even sell cameras anymore.

Not a good indicator of reputable research.
07-18-2018, 12:36 AM   #528
Pentaxian

I try understand wisdom continue this topic
Almost people really don’t care what this article said
Nobody from community can look inside brain Pentax management or Japan style running company to predict future
So any speculation just increased human anxiety without positive results
07-18-2018, 02:22 AM   #529
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This thread is still running?

Did I miss anything?

07-18-2018, 02:30 AM - 2 Likes   #530
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
This thread is still running?

Did I miss anything?
Yep - France won the World Cup!

No need to thank me for keeping you updated on events
07-18-2018, 02:50 AM   #531
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
You posted them without knowing what they say??
No, I posted the LINK if you want to know what they say follow the instructions!
07-18-2018, 03:22 AM - 2 Likes   #532
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LennyBloke Quote
Yep - France won the World Cup!
Thanks, but due to my taking over a month away from this thread, I had noticed that little detail

A quick scan of the last twenty pages suggests that not all Romanians get on with each other, some of us love FUD, while others are sick of FUD merchants. Amidst all of that, asahiman dropped something interesting.

Is that about it?

07-19-2018, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #533
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The End (of Pentax)

07-20-2018, 02:20 AM - 2 Likes   #534
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
A quick scan of the last twenty pages suggests that not all Romanians get on with each other.
Yes, it's true. But at least from my part you can often see pictures given the fact that we are on a photography forum. Good or bad, I have enough images to make a point (if necessary).

Regarding the future of photo companies, as long as I have alternatives that cover my needs, I really don't care what is written on my camera. I will not have problems in selling everything that I have and jump back to Pentax if Canon will announce tomorrow that is going to close their business or if their future cameras will not meet my requirements anymore. As long as I'm happy, any company can take my money and put what logo they want on my gear. I'm not proud of my camera when I have a good image. I'm proud of myself, I'm proud of my model, I'm proud of lots of things, except my camera and lenses. Why? Because I know the strengths and limitations of my gear very well and my camera is just a tool that I've bought to do what I want, when I want. The same thing happens when I don't get the images that I want. I can blame myself and I can blame lots of things, except my gear.

I would have no problem if the new flagship cameras from Pentax will be called Ricoh as long as those cameras will have lightning fast af, superb video, 16EV of dynamic range, 20fps and so on. Others seems that can't sleep in the night if they don't see Pentax, Nikon, Sony or Canon logo on their cameras.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 07-20-2018 at 05:38 PM. Reason: NSFW image deleted
07-20-2018, 03:03 AM   #535
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
Regarding the future of photo companies, as long as I have alternatives that cover my needs, I really don't care what is written on my camera.
I hear Tokina are coming out with a really nice 50/1.4 for Canon

btw, why do all that writing and ten insure that people will be looking elsewhere?
07-20-2018, 03:38 AM - 2 Likes   #536
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I hear Tokina are coming out with a really nice 50/1.4 for Canon
50mm is a focal length that I'm not interested in. If I will have a chance to play with this lens, I will. If not, I won't suffer.

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
btw, why do all that writing and ten insure that people will be looking elsewhere?
Later edit. The image I posted above was deleted. I think nude photography is not allowed here.

1. Because images often are better than words. And because I'm proud of this image given the effort I had to make to take it. And because the 85mm f1.4 lens or the 50mm f1.2 lens wouldn't have helped me to take this shot no matter how good or expensive those lenses are. I was on a boat, the model was in another boat, between us there were waterlilies and I couldn't get any closer to her. In one hand I had a big silver reflector pointed at the model, in the other hand I had my camera and I took the picture (I think that this image was taken at 185mm) while the boat was moving.
2. Because an image can generate more comments and someone may have a chance to win a K1 at the end of the month if there are enough comments added in threads.

Last edited by Dan Rentea; 07-22-2018 at 11:34 PM.
07-20-2018, 03:51 AM   #537
bxf
Veteran Member

I'm not proud of my camera when I have a good image... I'm proud of lots of things, except my camera and lenses
Yes, it is silly to be proud of your equipment (photo equipment, that is). But you are entitled to be pleased and satisfied with the performance obtained from a lens, and, given admirable results, you may perhaps even be proud of the fact that you had the skill and foresight to select that particular lens in the given situation.
07-20-2018, 04:34 AM   #538
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Yes, it is silly to be proud of your equipment (photo equipment, that is). But you are entitled to be pleased and satisfied with the performance obtained from a lens, and, given admirable results, you may perhaps even be proud of the fact that you had the skill and foresight to select that particular lens in the given situation.
Yes, I'm proud that I rent gear before I buy it so that I don't have surprises when comes to performance. The delightment when comes to performance comes at the beginning, when I test a lens or a camera and a smile appears on my face once I look at the images on a big monitor or when I look at them printed. After that I know exactly what my lenses will deliver in terms of performance. So..yes, you can say that I'm satisfied with the performance of a lens, but this satisfaction doesn't last long. That's why I think we all have GAS syndrome and from time to time we buy new gear. We need more satisfactions in our lives.
07-20-2018, 05:14 PM   #539
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's why I think we all have GAS syndrome and from time to time we buy new gear. We need more satisfactions in our lives.
And it's just plain fun!

there, another post for the month
07-20-2018, 10:59 PM   #540
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Y So..yes, you can say that I'm satisfied with the performance of a lens, but this satisfaction doesn't last long. That's why I think we all have GAS syndrome and from time to time we buy new gear. We need more satisfactions in our lives.
The heart of Man is never satisfied... it is the human condition.
My wife puts up with my musical instruments, cameras, bikes, cars, fishing poles, grills. you name it. You guys aren't half as bad as some of the folks over on the talkbass forums! GAS is a universal disease.
Ultimately, satisfaction is a choice and the result of sitting down and being thankful for what you have and being honest with yourself that the next mega gizmo is going to be passe' tomorrow.
Closed Thread