Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #121
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by philmorley Quote
what gets me is the xxD do we really need the D anymore (from any manufacturer), if some makes a film slr they could call it a xxxF

(then again they could call it the LFD (late for dinner) (which ends in D) for all I really care about naming

thank you! I actually covered the 'D' on my K110 with electrical tape... its such a gimmick adding the D to everything, especially when all the major brands use very similar naming.

09-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by montecarlo Quote
snip.. To me Pentax it the camera for the more serious amateur or hobbist not for one which doesn't know anything about photography or for the people who use the camera only on full auto mode.

I am not kidding you. I have seen people using P and scene mode quite often with the 5D camera. It is beyond me if this is a strategy for their marketing to entice beginner users to purchase these equipment - or a status symbol.
09-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #123
Veteran Member

Apparently you've haven't seen what can happen when a company is experienced at scamming and hard they can make it for you to get the money off your card.
09-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #124
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
I am not kidding you. I have seen people using P and scene mode quite often with the 5D camera. It is beyond me if this is a strategy for their marketing to entice beginner users to purchase these equipment - or a status symbol.
I don't see any scene mode on the 5D, only the regular P/Tv/Av/M/B/C(user setting-custom) -> http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs/media/blogs/tracyandmatts_blog/5d_mode_dial.jpg

P can be useful sometimes but I can't remember the last time I used it on my K10D. I usually shoot M or Av and TAv for basketball (aperture at f/2.8-3.2 and shutter at 1/250-1/320s). But that's a different topic.

09-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #125
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
I don't believe the 5D has any scene modes...
09-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #126
Inactive Account

Your Quote Proves My Point

QuoteOriginally posted by Okami Quote
4 months later her CC company finally seems tobe able to get her month back.
See? Use a credit card and you'll get your money back if you get scammed. Also, this 'scammer' will soon not be able to accept credit cards at all, or only at an extremely high rate. Apparently you have never read (or had to sign) a merchant agreement allowing you to accept credit cards.
09-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #127
Veteran Member

So the fact that even after some of these businesses have horrible BBB ratings last for months... or just shut down. Move to another apartment and open one up in their friends names. And continue to pop up all over new york this moment is no big deal.

Have put my cousin through 4 months of pain is "ok" because eventhough they basically stole her credit she will eventually get it back... Threatening phone calls, stealing credit card, being scammed in the first place + not getting her camera when she needed it..

Ohh no big deal, you get your money back!

Ok......

09-17-2008, 01:16 AM   #128
Inactive Account

Sorry for the Problems.

QuoteOriginally posted by Okami Quote
Have put my cousin through 4 months of pain is "ok"
If it takes you 4 months to get your credit card company to reverse a charge there is something seriously wrong somewhere I agree. I can only suggest you read your cardholder agreement and learn how to send strongly worded registered letters if you don't get charges reversed within days.
Sorry to hear about your cousins travails but I get charges reversed practically immediately. If you get threatening phone calls, that is an issue for the police.