Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2018, 08:46 AM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Isn't that what crop bodies are for?
Not for me.I want 36mp on an image not 24mp. Just frustrating waiting for basic kit. My much loved Tamron 1.4x teleconverter is starting to get hazy and I would like to replace it with a new TC before the old one is no longer useful. I need one that will work on both systems. My APSc cameras do not get much use anymore. Even at Yellowstone earlier this year my K3 sat unused. All shots were made with my K1 and K1-II.

Last edited by gaweidert; 06-30-2018 at 08:57 AM.
06-30-2018, 12:43 PM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Not for me.I want 36mp on an image not 24mp. Just frustrating waiting for basic kit. My much loved Tamron 1.4x teleconverter is starting to get hazy and I would like to replace it with a new TC before the old one is no longer useful. I need one that will work on both systems. My APSc cameras do not get much use anymore. Even at Yellowstone earlier this year my K3 sat unused. All shots were made with my K1 and K1-II.
Forgive me for asking, I've seen some scattered threads is anyone tracking how poorly or how well the hd da 1.4x fares with a given lens & focal length on zooms? For that matter is there a similar one for the f 1.7 afa and some of the cropped lenses?
06-30-2018, 01:33 PM - 1 Like   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
It seems to be you. I have never even seen that type of damage online on auction sites. None of mine are cracked.

---------- Post added 06-30-18 at 07:09 AM ----------

I'm not this rough on them but that's a testament to how tough they are.

---------- Post added 06-30-18 at 07:09 AM ----------

LOL
I bought a FA 50 2.8 Macro with a crack in that little window. It was about 100 bucks less than one without a crack and since the lens is fine and was never water resistant, It isn't a big deal to take a chance on it. I saw a FA 100 macro with the same issue of a crack in the range window. I bought the lens here through the forums but was fully informed when I made the purchase.

---------- Post added 06-30-18 at 01:36 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Read the part about silica nanotech application.*
That was a pretty cool description and image of the coating layers.
07-01-2018, 02:19 AM - 1 Like   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of the things I find exciting about this is the sense of direction - digital has brought a whole new way for cameras to be differentiated from each other, and Ricoh seem to know where they are going with Pentax. The sense of 'future-proofing' in these lenses suggests a continuation in the direction of sharp, low-aberration, beautiful imaging - beautiful being an actual lens design criterion - and that suggests that the cameras (FF at least) will continue to develop in this direction - which suits me fine. With so many photographs being taken these days, a design focus on quality and distinctiveness is surely more important than ever, and it looks like we're getting it

07-01-2018, 02:37 AM - 1 Like   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
Does a roadmap now indicate that Pentax has a plan? Whenever something is felt to be late, people are jumping in telling you that a roadmapd should not be taken seriously at all. Even after announcements and first presentations...

The 85mm is still far away on the horizon. Looking backward at the speed of recent lens releases this roadmap will not change for a couple years.
There is no news in the roadmap just delays. D-FA* 50 had top priority, now they have to fix the 11-18 and work on the 85.
Let's look at it in positive terms. Pentax is doomed to build large, heavy, super perfominc large aperture lense from now on. They fixed the 50 (at least they claim so), now they know how to finish 31, 85, 24, ...
I would think that the term roadmap would be synonymous with the term "plan." Plans change all of the time, for different reasons. How many folks go to college and finish with the major they thought they were going to get -- or finish in the expected four years? The point of the road map is to tell us the things that Pentax is working on and a guesstimate as to their arrival time. We all know that there is a possibility of delay for any of these products, but these pieces of glass will eventually come out.

Certainly with Pentax, one has to learn to wait patiently, but all good things do come to those who wait.
07-01-2018, 02:54 AM - 1 Like   #66
Veteran Member

Good thing they have made this..But the pics in the gallery..Come on
07-01-2018, 03:06 AM - 1 Like   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Good thing they have made this..But the pics in the gallery..Come on
I'd like to see you do better!!

Oh yes, I remember now, I already have

07-01-2018, 03:14 AM - 1 Like   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I'd like to see you do better!!

Oh yes, I remember now, I already have
I dont speak much with them anymore..So I guess I'm on my way out anyway
07-01-2018, 03:18 AM - 1 Like   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I guess I'm on my way out anyway
All of us here would hate to see that - I hope it's not true - to my mind they need more people like you, not fewer.
07-01-2018, 05:36 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
PENTAX STAR LENS | RICOH IMAGING

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/lens/images/K_Mount_Lens.pdf

It seems their are definitely going to be three new lenses in 2019. The D FA* 11-18 The D FA 70-200mm F4 and the D FA* 85mm F1.4 (the rest is 2019 or later).
They list 6 criterias that define * lenses....including large aperture. But they miss one that all * lenses have: fixed aperture.
07-01-2018, 05:43 AM   #71
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So then it is time to spill the beans
07-01-2018, 05:47 AM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
That's not the complete line of new planned lenses and yes, we will get 2 converters.
Best regards
How about a DFA* 200mm macro? I would retire my sigma 180mm macro instantly if Pentax came out with a new 200mm macro. Tired of looking for a used FA*200 macro.

---------- Post added 07-01-18 at 02:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yikes. That water is cold.
Lets stay in the bar and share some more champaign....

---------- Post added 07-01-18 at 03:02 PM ----------

Whoa! This thread isn't familly safe! A naked DA*60-250!
07-02-2018, 03:19 AM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agreed, there has been some decent design effort put into these new pages.
07-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #74
Pentaxian

Back to Nikon ?
07-03-2018, 05:47 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Back to Nikon ?
Haven't decided, but changes will come