Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2018, 01:53 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
2018 Pentax Forums T-shirt Contest!

Our annual T-shirt contest is back for a 2018 edition! Can you believe it's already been a year? This year, we're going to keep things simple:

Theme: cameras, lenses, and/or photography, incorporating the PF logo (download here) - let your imagination rule. Bonus points for showing off unique Pentax features.

Deadline: August 12th 18th 2018, by the end of the day your time

To enter: post each submission in a reply to this thread, as an attachment (be prepared to e-mail a high-res version if you're a winner)

You can choose to enter as many designs as you'd like.

Prizes: Each winner will each receive two free shirts shipped to their door, plus a Site Supporter forum account upgrade

Requirements and restrictions:
  • Important! Your design can't have more than 10 colors (preferably 4 colors or fewer), so avoid the use of photos
  • Only the central area on the front of the shirt will be printable. We can't print on the sides, above the neckline, or on the sleeves
  • Unedited photos can NOT be printed - you must either vectorize the image or reduce the number colors
  • Your design must include the Pentax Forums logo. You may alter the colors or make minor changes / additions
  • You may use specific Pentax product names and product logos (i.e. K-1, K-3, etc), and traces of official product photos, or any product photo found on PF's homepage
  • You may not use any other photo or work subject to copyright, without permission
  • You may not use the official Pentax logo font (type out Pentax instead)
Once we're closed to submissions, we'll have members vote to select the winning designs. We plan to pick three winners, but may opt for more if there are many exceptional designs.

I'm excited to see what you guys will come up with, and I'm sure many other forum members are, too. Good luck and let your imagination go wild!

This year, we will continue T-shirt production through Teespring. With two different fulfillment locations, simple storefronts, and prints every 5 days, shipping is cheaper and faster than it's ever been before.

To get you started, here are four top designs from the past 2 contests:

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-11-2018, 07:04 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am not a designer but if the designers are interested some of us like simple, patterns. I am thinking of a small logo, left or right at top of chest etc. Just a thought.
07-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
Forum Member

I agree that I would like a simple design, possible one with the Pentax logo shown large. This first runner up for 2015 would be a good one to consider, however I would prefer a color other than white.

2015 PF T-Shirt Voting - PentaxForums.com

My absolute favorite Pentax shirt I have seen was worn by Team Pentax in the photolympics in the Philippines. I like this simple design so much that I would buy two. Perhaps the Pentaxforums logo could go on the sleeve. I found the image attached below on the Pentaxians Facebook page.
Attached Images

07-14-2018, 09:52 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ShaunW Quote
I agree that I would like a simple design, possible one with the Pentax logo shown large. This first runner up for 2015 would be a good one to consider, however I would prefer a color other than white.

2015 PF T-Shirt Voting - PentaxForums.com

My absolute favorite Pentax shirt I have seen was worn by Team Pentax in the photolympics in the Philippines. I like this simple design so much that I would buy two. Perhaps the Pentaxforums logo could go on the sleeve. I found the image attached below on the Pentaxians Facebook page.
The only problem is we aren't allowed to use their logo (font). Still a simliar font could be used.

07-14-2018, 02:06 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I look forward to seeing the submissions.
07-17-2018, 01:20 PM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
Simple Pentax text t-shirt based on the Team Pentax shirts. Replaced "Team" with the forum logo. Font: Saira Condensed ExtraBold. Color: 176,24,24.
That is a simple design. I didn't consider replacing the word team with the forum logo. I like this design as well, but not sure how I feel about all black. I imagine it would cost extra to have the sleeves a separate color. Perhaps for a solid color, heather gray or another dark gray would be better.
07-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ShaunW Quote
That is a simple design. I didn't consider replacing the word team with the forum logo. I like this design as well, but not sure how I feel about all black. I imagine it would cost extra to have the sleeves a separate color. Perhaps for a solid color, heather gray or another dark gray would be better.
For summer attire, I wear white almost exclusively. If I recall correctly, I purchased no T-shirt here last year; two years ago, I purchased only a K-1 design, even though I don't expect to ever own one, because it was the only on-white design I liked ... but that is just me - PF will print what members want.

07-17-2018, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

The shirts are avaiable in multiple colors. I think red would work with black, grey, and white.
07-17-2018, 03:53 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

The shirts are avaiable in multiple colors. I think red would work with black, grey, and white.
But typically any one design is produced in only two colors - so I was putting in my request for light colored material.
07-17-2018, 03:58 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Really? Ricoh won't allow the use of their logo on such great free advertising?
07-17-2018, 03:59 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
We can do multiple colors, including both black and white variants of a design, but we can't print a shirt that effectively copies the Pentax logo, such as the above. I'd recommend coming up with a creative way to replace "PENTAX" with a variant of the PF logo, such as what the middle shirt from last year's batch did.

Also I don't think Teesring currently offers multicolored fabrics, but I know they're always working on adding new things.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-17-2018, 04:03 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We can do multiple colors, including both black and white variants of a design, but we can't print a shirt that effectively copies the Pentax logo, such as the above. I'd recommend coming up with a creative way to replace "PENTAX" with a variant of the PF logo, such as what the middle shirt from last year's batch did.

Also I don't think Teesring currently offers multicolored fabrics, but I know they're always working on adding new things.
I thought if it wasn't the exact font it was okay? Not so?
07-17-2018, 04:04 PM   #13
Veteran Member

It's a registered trademark and logo. We would need legal, written permission to use their logo. If anybody knows about trademark rights and can contact someone at Ricoh with whom the permit could be negotiated and obtained, please, go ahead.

(Even if it was a sarcastic comment, I'm still being serious about the matter.)

07-17-2018, 04:11 PM - 1 Like   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It's fine it's part of an original design, i.e. the prism shirt from 2015, but not in standalone form.

Remember, these are Pentaxforums shirts, not Pentax shirts

Ricoh has historically been generous with us with respect to branding, but I think this approach is also the most ethical one to take, and in spirit with the idea of a design contest.
07-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #15
Pentaxian

You would have the same concept if you put "Team" where it is in the Pentax shirts, and the "Pentax Forum" thingie where "Pentax" is in the "Pentax shirts.
Closed Thread