Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2018, 07:20 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by Dipsoid Quote
I read an interesting article a while back by I believe it was the creator of FLAC, in which he dispelled the myth that digital samples create stepped square waves, even had a video showing how a DAC interpolates stepped waves to perfect sine waves. As a vinyl listener myself I get annoyed by people proclaiming superiority of analog systems with vacuum tube amps as being superior over anything digital.
This comes from the idea how it is teached in schools. Teachers draw some 4-bit (sign and three bits) digital sine signal to black board and say it is the sound. And in photography there are such simplifications which come and bite to you same way.

08-25-2018, 05:31 AM   #32
pxt

Music and photography... interesting analogy. I hope that Pentax improve AF system and it will be faster. My dream is in dark focus below 0,5s.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
focus, lenses, pentax news, pentax rumors, position, precision, sensor, steps