Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2019, 03:59 AM - 11 Likes   #151
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
Since I started to shoot Pentax and discovered these kind of thread on this forum, I also became a business analytics afficionado, how fascinating.
Do you know what I like to do to unwind after a long hard day of worrying about budgets and ROI and stuff like that? I like to go onto an Internet forum and worry about the financial situation of another company I don’t even work for. Maybe I should take up photography, or something like that.

Last edited by JPT; 02-08-2019 at 04:09 AM.
02-08-2019, 04:14 AM   #152
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Financial report analysis is where the photography hobby went? Wow, that's hot material! I'm impressed. At least you could argue about equivalence or sensor sizes, that would be less insane.
There are still plenty of folks who take photos. I do about every day. I still like to poke my head in here too, some times.

Overall, I would be surprised if last year was a terribly good year. A lot of their cameras are getting to the age that they are ready to be replaced, there was only one new lens, and their new camera, the K-1 II was more of an upgrade to an existing camera than a truly new camera. At the same time, they have already announced two "new" lenses this year and indications are that there will be at least a couple more lenses and cameras through the rest of the year. Odds are good that this will be an excellent year for Pentax, regardless of how last year was.
02-08-2019, 06:51 AM   #153
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Odds are good that this will be an excellent year for Pentax, regardless of how last year was.
I think GRIII could be a really good selling camera. I wonder if it will be in shops this quarter or after april 1th when in Japan the new fiscal year begins.
02-11-2019, 03:31 PM   #154
Pentaxian

Does that mean that the K1 Mark II upgrade was profitable for them? Not big numbers like selling $2k bodies, but good cash flow.

I hope so. I would be willing to pay for firmware updates, but I suspect I'm in the minority.

At the rate you take photos, how long will the K1 last you at it's rated shutter life of 300,000?

02-11-2019, 03:55 PM - 2 Likes   #155
Pentaxian

Olympus is DOOMED, Nikon and Canon are doomed...

Quartalszahlen von Sony, Nikon, Canon und Olympus: Nur einer kann gewinnen | photoscala

just noticed that google translate does not offer website translation anymore, or?
02-11-2019, 06:29 PM   #156
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
just noticed that google translate does not offer website translation anymore, or?
I'm not seeing the url option either. However, if I put the url into the Chrome browser, it translates. Wonder if it's another one of Google's ways of trying to entice you into using Chrome?
02-11-2019, 06:47 PM   #157
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
I'm not seeing the url option either. However, if I put the url into the Chrome browser, it translates. Wonder if it's another one of Google's ways of trying to entice you into using Chrome?
The Google Translate dropdown on the right worked for me.

02-11-2019, 07:08 PM   #158
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Worked for me too, from Safari.
02-11-2019, 08:29 PM   #159
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Certainly they are all doomed, but in the meantime they are doing their best to offer compelling products to a variety of users.
02-12-2019, 01:50 AM   #160
Pentaxian

No Wonder why RI is cautious....

I
02-12-2019, 05:57 AM   #161
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I'm not seeing it - please clue me in. I tried clicking on the little menu grid of 6 dots on the top right, clicked on the "translate" icon, and it seemed to just leave me on the same page.
Attached Images

Last edited by clickclick; 02-12-2019 at 07:05 AM.
02-12-2019, 06:16 AM - 1 Like   #162
Veteran Member

I'm not seeing it - please clue me in. I tried clicking on the little menu grid of 6 dots on the top right, and it seemed to just leave me on the same page.
I use this website:
Google Translate Web - iTools
02-12-2019, 10:30 AM - 1 Like   #163
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not seeing it - please clue me in...

Using Firefox, I see a translation drop down on the right of the photoscala page itself:

02-12-2019, 10:48 AM   #164
Banned

Quartalszahlen von Sony, Nikon, Canon und Olympus: Nur einer kann gewinnen | photoscala

Also ich hatte kein problem das zu lesen.

Olympus is in a tricky place. They are loosing money, sales are decreasing and they are not in the full-frame game. 2019 will be exciting.
02-12-2019, 10:53 AM   #165
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Am I reading correctly that for all the propaganda and hype - DPR amongst others are a cheer squad - Sony sales fall off a cliff?

More than four and a half million units to three and a half, compensated by going to premium pricing?

Exactly what is the lesson for the rest of the industry?