Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 142 Likes Search this Thread
08-01-2019, 08:36 PM - 1 Like   #211
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
One of them would.
Yes, you are right, Ron is looking to purchase a Theta Z1.

08-02-2019, 03:51 AM - 2 Likes   #212
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Yes, you are right, Ron is looking to purchase a Theta Z1.
I believe he has purchased all of the Theta line up so far...
08-05-2019, 03:38 AM   #213
Veteran Member

About Theta Z1. I ordered one. After two days the response says that none of the distributors has it and it is possible Theta will be "in stock" on September (but only possible - nothing sure). A lot of fog here.
None of the commenters about Theta Z1 availability would buy one. Would you push Ricoh to load up stocks in various retail places world wide and not buy a single unit of Theta Z1 ?
If I was Ricoh reading those comments, I'll send a Theta Z1 to all of you together with an invoice, and you must pay. That would close the debate quickly
So Ricoh make the move and send me one with the invoice.
08-05-2019, 11:24 AM   #214
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
So Ricoh make the move and send me one with the invoice.
Depends. If you represent a few million USD of future revenue, Ricoh would take the time to address your specific need immediately.
If you represent a profit of $500 like many end-customers, then I'm afraid you'll have to go through the retail process in place for the mass market.
Ricoh have multiple web site when it is possible to pre-order the Theta Z1, go and follow that process.

The OP wasn't to order any Z1, the OP was to throw some bad mouthing / shadow on Ricoh once again, because he will find any opportunity to do so.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 08-05-2019 at 11:29 AM.
08-05-2019, 11:36 AM   #215
Banned

The OP wasn't to order any Z1, the OP was to throw some bad mouthing / shadow on Ricoh once again, because he will find any opportunity to do so.
How can resolving the issue if the Z1 is already on sale for people to order ever be a way of bad mouthing Ricoh? That is simply looking for an answer to the quest. ....what is the status of the Theta Z1? Well it will be in stores soon, when Ricoh-Imaging USA is saying mid-august.
08-05-2019, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #216
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
That is simply looking for an answer to the quest. ....what is the status of the Theta Z1?
Well, since Pentax forum isn't under direct governance / subordination of Ricoh corporation, do you really expect that someone here will tell you?
It's easy: Ricoh announced that the Z1 availability, among other things would be delayed, without giving a date of availability. Then they did not announced the availability. So, that is it. Ricoh did not issue news saying that the Z1 + other stuff is available for purchase. On Ricoh web shop, it is possible to pre-order the Theta Z1.

Why ask Pentax forum? Why not ask Ricoh via customer service?
Be genuine, if you don't want to buy a Theta Z1, then why would you be worried about the availability status of the Z1???
If you want to buy a Theta Z1, do like a normal customer, go contact Ricoh customer service to get your answer.
08-05-2019, 12:06 PM   #217
Banned

Why ask Pentax forum?
This thread is about the financial report of Ricoh. The Theta Z1 is mentioned in it. There is no mentioning of Pentax. Maybe we should stop talking about these reports.

08-05-2019, 12:23 PM - 1 Like   #218
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
This thread is about the financial report of Ricoh. The Theta Z1 is mentioned in it. There is no mentioning of Pentax. Maybe we should stop talking about these reports.
There is a financial report, public and aimed at invertors. And that's it. Anything else not written in the financial report is pure speculation. Financial report aren't aimed at consumers.

So far as I am concerned and my photography activity, I don't find financial reports particularly useful. Looking at actual images from cameras / lenses is more useful. And what's even more useful is to go to locations that potentially can yield good images, and improve my photographic techniques. The Pentax gear I have is very good, what's limiting is not to be at the places with good photographic opportunities.