Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
He's still doing that?
Yes! Very frustrating!

07-31-2019, 11:35 AM   #197
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
You asked if it was even released. You asked if it was in 'full' production?

Asking these sort of questions in insinuating that it is not released or in 'full' production.

Just asking questions - RationalWiki
The Theta Z1 was announced:
A camera that can shoot 360-degree spherical images in a single shot RICOH THETA Z1?RICOH IMAGING

Then it was posponed:
Ricoh WG-6 / G900 / Theta Z-1 get delayed - PentaxForums.com

Then are some people saying they have one somewhere in may.

I'm not the only one with a question, this from 4 weeks ago:
QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
Is there a new release date? Still can not find Z1 in online stores (except preorders).
There never was a new announcement for the Z1 being available from Ricoh-Imaging.
07-31-2019, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #198
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
There never was a new announcement for the Z1 being available from Ricoh-Imaging.
https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/product/theta-z1/

It's like you're not even trying!
You can buy it direct from Ricoh!
07-31-2019, 11:46 AM - 1 Like   #199
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

The Netherlands link at Ricoh-Imaging Europe appears to indicate that the Z1 is available, in stock and ships in 3-5 days.

RICOH THETA Z1

07-31-2019, 11:47 AM   #200
Banned

Theta Z1 - Ricoh

It's like you're not even trying!
Thanks

QuoteQuote:
** If your order was placed on or after July 8th your estimated shipment time is mid August
So no stock is the normal situation and maybe does mean that production isn't yet in final stage. But within the next 2-3 weeks there will be Z1 to order or being delivered.

The European site of Ricoh-Imaging doesn't mention the time frame of deliver ing in mid-august!

So my questions where legit........and I got an answer.....thanks!

---------- Post added 31-07-19 at 20:49 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
The Netherlands link at Ricoh-Imaging Europe appears to indicate that the Z1 is available, in stock and ships in 3-5 days.

RICOH THETA Z1
That time frame is not something to expect all product on the site to actually arise at your door. It doesn't mean they have stock....it means they expect to get the product to be send to you.....
07-31-2019, 11:51 AM - 3 Likes   #201
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
07-31-2019, 12:51 PM   #202
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That time frame is not something to expect all product on the site to actually arise at your door. It doesn't mean they have stock....it means they expect to get the product to be send to you.....
I might have misunderstood the Dutch web site; online translators sometimes do strange things to language.

The Dutch page says:

€ 999,00
Beschikbaar. Binnen 3 tot 5 dagen.
U ontvangt 4995 punt(en)

While the Google translation of the page to English presents a slightly different content:

€ 999.00
Available. Within 3 to 5 days.
Availability: In stock
You will receive 4995 point (s)

I don't know why the extra line is missing in the original page: "Availability: In stock". When I open up the HTML 'Page Source', I find:

<p class="availability in-stock">Beschikbaarheid: <span>In voorraad</span></p>

Strange.

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 07-31-2019 at 01:03 PM.
07-31-2019, 01:07 PM   #203
Banned

I might have misunderstood the Dutch web site; online translators sometimes do strange things to language.

The Dutch page says:

€ 999,00
U ontvangt 4995 punt(en)

While the Google translation of the page to English presents a slightly different content:

€ 999.00

I don't know why the extra line is missing in the original page: "Availability: In stock". When I open up the HTML 'Page Source', I find:

Strange.

- Craig
No idea who runs that site. I don't think Ricoh-Imaging is doing it themselves. If Ricoh-Imaging had stock then other stores could order it for their customers. It is not so that all stores and webshops around me have no interest in putting Ricoh camera's in stock. They do very very often.
07-31-2019, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #204
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Dutch page says:

€ 999,00
U ontvangt 4995 punt(en)

€ 999.00

Strange.

- Craig
They say the same thing for all the products they stock. The page for the K-1 says exactly the same thing. Available. 3-5 days. Top right, on both pages, it talks of shipping in 2 days.

Screenshot from webpage:
Attached Images

07-31-2019, 03:46 PM - 2 Likes   #205
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks

So no stock is the normal situation and maybe does mean that production isn't yet in final stage. But within the next 2-3 weeks there will be Z1 to order or being delivered.

The European site of Ricoh-Imaging doesn't mention the time frame of deliver ing in mid-august!

So my questions where legit........and I got an answer.....thanks!

---------- Post added 31-07-19 at 20:49 ----------

Stop spreading nonsense Ron. The Z1 is as available as the K-1II in Europe, from that site.
08-01-2019, 04:10 AM   #206
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In the US
  • B&H - Preorder
  • Adorama - Backordered
  • Amazon - No product listing at all. Theta V 360 is an Amazon’s Choice
  • Ricoh Imaging - Available, Shipping mid-August. That seems consistent with Preorder status at B&H.
08-01-2019, 05:52 AM   #207
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In the US
  • B&H - Preorder
  • Adorama - Backordered
  • Amazon - No product listing at all. Theta V 360 is an Amazon’s Choice
  • Ricoh Imaging - Available, Shipping mid-August. That seems consistent with Preorder status at B&H.
But I can get the official Ricoh lens cap or waterproof housing delivered tomorrow...

Maybe they sold out and are waiting for the next batch?

-Eric
08-01-2019, 06:00 AM - 3 Likes   #208
Pentaxian

None of the commenters about Theta Z1 availability would buy one. Would you push Ricoh to load up stocks in various retail places world wide and not buy a single unit of Theta Z1 ?
If I was Ricoh reading those comments, I'll send a Theta Z1 to all of you together with an invoice, and you must pay. That would close the debate quickly
08-01-2019, 06:36 AM - 1 Like   #209
Veteran Member

Send me one!. Finally I received positive response from one Polish online store. They should send me the Z1 in the next 3 days. But until I have it in my hands... Ricoh can send me one with the invoice.
08-01-2019, 01:13 PM   #210
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
Send me one!. Finally I received positive response from one Polish online store. They should send me the Z1 in the next 3 days. But until I have it in my hands... Ricoh can send me one with the invoice.
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
None of the commenters about Theta Z1 availability would buy one. Would you push Ricoh to load up stocks in various retail places world wide and not buy a single unit of Theta Z1 ?
If I was Ricoh reading those comments, I'll send a Theta Z1 to all of you together with an invoice, and you must pay. That would close the debate quickly
One of them would.