Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 329 Likes Search this Thread
08-13-2018, 05:00 AM - 1 Like   #181
Pentaxian

I would like to see it compared to the Nikon 58mm f/1.4. Just for the laughs.

08-13-2018, 05:05 AM   #182
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I would like to see it compared to the Nikon 58mm f/1.4. Just for the laughs.
Well guys at nicon and canon camp don’t have to worry because they have so good thirdparty offerings. There is Sigma Art and soon there will be this Tokina. Almost as good as Pentax..of course you can buy those Zeiss lensestoo..
08-13-2018, 05:06 AM   #183
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You mean, a Nikon with the same sensor?
Like putting that Sigma lens on a $$$ony A7r
That's so unfair
08-13-2018, 05:25 AM - 1 Like   #184

Has anyone else also noticed that in the photo they used to address longitudinal chromatic aberration, the fence is actually GREEN and therefore much of the greenish shades are because of the color of the fence and not the aberration!!
here is a photo from their sample gallery.

Read more at: DPReview manages to do a negative review of the DFA*50 - Page 13 - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by fredrious; 08-13-2018 at 05:32 AM.
08-13-2018, 05:52 AM   #185
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I would like to see it compared to the Nikon 58mm f/1.4.
Well, i'll be interested in seeing it compared to the Nikkor 50mm F0.95 when it becomes available.
08-13-2018, 05:54 AM - 1 Like   #186
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fredrious Quote
Has anyone else also noticed that in the photo they used to address longitudinal chromatic aberration, the fence is actually GREEN and therefore much of the greenish shades are because of the color of the fence and not the aberration!!
here is a photo from their sample gallery.

Read more at: DPReview manages to do a negative review of the DFA*50 - Page 13 - PentaxForums.com
Yes, it has been pointed out. Sad but true, this is one of the things where you can easily see what they were doing and what not.
08-13-2018, 05:56 AM   #187
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Well, maybe?...He showed an Older model Nikon with a Sigma lens compared to a Pentax with a Pentax lens.

It will be interesting to see that Nik camera with the Tokina Opera lens on it?
1. as previously noted, those two cameras have the same sensor; 2. it's a Sigma Art series lens, not a "Stigma" lens of yore and 3. there wouldn't be much point in testing the Pentax against the Tokina Opera, since Tokina just licensed the design from Pentax. You could only spot minor differences due to coatings and so on, but since they're essentially the same lens, well...

08-13-2018, 05:56 AM   #188
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Well guys at nicon and canon camp don’t have to worry because they have so good thirdparty offerings.
If it turns out those third party offerings are as good. The evidence so far would suggest they aren't. Please don't be one of those morons that believes there are reasons why Pentax can't produce top of class lenses. Some have already suggested the DFA 50 is top of class. At that point discussion of third part lenses become moot. How much are you willing to pay for an inferior lens?
08-13-2018, 05:57 AM - 1 Like   #189
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Well, i'll be interested in seeing it compared to the Nikkor 50mm F0.95 when it becomes available.
Wide open hars contrast..let’s look after fringins , and talk abou fat fifty taken on next level. If it is FF lens..
08-13-2018, 05:57 AM - 6 Likes   #190
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
1. as previously noted, those two cameras have the same sensor; 2. it's a Sigma Art series lens, not a "Stigma" lens of yore and 3. there wouldn't be much point in testing the Pentax against the Tokina Opera, since Tokina just licensed the design from Pentax. You could only spot minor differences due to coatings and so on, but since they're essentially the same lens, well...
How long before someone complains the Tokina version isn't available for Pentax?
08-13-2018, 06:03 AM - 1 Like   #191
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
If it turns out those third party offerings are as good. The evidence so far would suggest they aren't. Please don't be one of those morons that believes there are reasons why Pentax can't produce top of class lenses. Some have already suggested the DFA 50 is top of class. At that point discussion of third part lenses become moot. How much are you willing to pay for an inferior lens?
No, I was just boiling up my sarcasm kettle there. Besides that third party tokina will be quite something if it will be as good as Pentax, where they got it from. About my sarc. Is that everyne is talking about pentax/tamtokina....for what ever and now when it is going other way around, it is sweet. So sweet that it almost tickles.
08-13-2018, 06:03 AM   #192
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fromunderthebridge Quote
One wonders if it wouldn't actually be a better sport for DPR to stop reviewing/commenting on Pentax gear altogether. I mean they've painted themselves into a corner where they can't write about Pentax without it becoming a s*itfest. I do believe that some of their writers who would be able to write non-confrontingly may even throw up their hands beforehand because they honestly believe that 'eh, can't please them so * do I care' and be partially correct.
Their K70 review was okay and the KP one was pretty much balanced.
08-13-2018, 06:08 AM - 1 Like   #193
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, we're getting one thing positive out of this DPR review - more clicks for the August giveaway.

At this point, I'd say DPR is hitting the point of being irrelevant. Anyone with any honesty or clue can look at the pictures produced with this lens and know the truth. For those who can't tell, they're not the market anyway.
08-13-2018, 06:09 AM   #194
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fromunderthebridge Quote
I'm just wondering, if they even have a way out anymore without looking like they have capitulated
If they stop worrying about how you look and start concerning themselves with telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth (even if only the truth as they honestly see it and are open to correction) it's really not so difficult
08-13-2018, 06:09 AM - 1 Like   #195
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
No, I was just boiling up my sarcasm kettle there. Besides that third party tokina will be quite something if it will be as good as Pentax, where they got it from. About my sarc. Is that everyne is talking about pentax/tamtokina....for what ever and now when it is going other way around, it is sweet. So sweet that it almost tickles.
It's going back to the way it's been since most of the history of the companies. You have to give Sigma credit for being first with the fat lenses, but I don't think any third party company can put the money into exemplary lenses an OEM with a dedicated user base can. It was only a matter of time.

---------- Post added 08-13-18 at 09:20 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Ian Stuart Forsyth Quote
Hoya is more than likely going to be the company to supply the lens blanks and the lens formulas for the different properties of those lens blanks, we can also with a degree of certainty believe that Hoya will be grinding and polishing the lenses for both tokina and pentax
You are out doing yourself Ian.
OK. I'll bite, where is the information a that would lead us to believe Hoya is making blacks and polishing and dong the coatings for Pentax?

Where is the evidence supporting their "degree of certainty?"

Where is the evidence Hoya has used it's facilities for even one Pentax lens, even when they owned Pentax?

But i have to ask, Ian, do yo have a lens as good as the DFA*50 1.4?

Last edited by normhead; 08-13-2018 at 06:21 AM.