Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2018, 05:01 PM - 1 Like   #241
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Because there are cues missing in the written form compared to face to face conversation, Mark, it's real important to pay attention to them.

And somebody that doesn't use them is in real risk of being misinterpreted, they better nail their prose.
Totally agree.

Smileys add inflection, context and meaning that - while sometimes abused and, in any case, still a poor substitute for face-to-face discussion - is often sadly missing from many texts, e-mails, social media, forums and the like. They're a pretty essential tool, both in use and interpretation

Last edited by BigMackCam; 08-14-2018 at 05:07 PM.
08-14-2018, 06:30 PM - 2 Likes   #242
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Totally agree.

Smileys add inflection, context and meaning that - while sometimes abused and, in any case, still a poor substitute for face-to-face discussion - is often sadly missing from many texts, e-mails, social media, forums and the like. They're a pretty essential tool, both in use and interpretation
Yes, you're great at all that, Mike.

If I read what some troll has written (dimwits I can tolerate), but you've put in a post elegantly redressing it, I for one will leave it at that and won't add to the thread, I'm sure others do the same.

For some of the News and Rumours threads, there almost needs to be kind of a Bat Signal, the lamp up into the clouds, calling you to an emergency.

Last edited by clackers; 08-14-2018 at 06:35 PM.
08-14-2018, 06:55 PM   #243

Photos: Gallery
review, biased, in my opinion focus on the negative aspects, wrong information, this lens is a Pentax drawing. This is not the first time that this site does this the analysis of the pixelshift was the same thing.
08-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #244
Veteran Member

Because there are cues missing in the written form compared to face to face conversation, Mark, it's real important to pay attention to them.

And somebody that doesn't use them is in real risk of being misinterpreted, they better nail their prose.
I'm just telling you what it is, not how it should be. I know all too well how easy it is to misinterpret or be misinterpreted online.

08-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #245
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Ransom Quote
I'm just telling you what it is, not how it should be. I know all too well how easy it is to misinterpret or be misinterpreted online.
Well, this is in your realm to change, no?

"I've always been somewhat blind to smileys,"
08-15-2018, 06:44 AM   #246
Veteran Member

Well, this is in your realm to change, no?

"I've always been somewhat blind to smileys,"
Absolutely, and I'm much better at it today than I was say 10 years ago. It helps when forums such as this make them brightly colored to stand out.
08-15-2018, 02:52 PM - 2 Likes   #247
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, you're great at all that, Mike.

If I read what some troll has written (dimwits I can tolerate), but you've put in a post elegantly redressing it, I for one will leave it at that and won't add to the thread, I'm sure others do the same.

For some of the News and Rumours threads, there almost needs to be kind of a Bat Signal, the lamp up into the clouds, calling you to an emergency.
LOL

You're too kind... you'll have me blushing

I don't think I'd look good in a lycra bat-suit, though. We might want @MarkJerling for that... loves a bit of lycra, does our Mark

08-15-2018, 03:29 PM - 2 Likes   #248
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
We might want @MarkJerling for that... loves a bit of lycra,
Yeah, he loves those Wallabies in Lycra jumping out of his wardrobe!
08-15-2018, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #249
Veteran Member

DPReview is more and more junk material.
And i even dont include the prehistoric architecture of their forum...
08-15-2018, 04:22 PM - 2 Likes   #250
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LOL

You're too kind... you'll have me blushing

I don't think I'd look good in a lycra bat-suit, though. We might want @MarkJerling for that... loves a bit of lycra, does our Mark
I wear it well. What can it say!
08-16-2018, 04:27 PM   #251
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow! 17 pages and I've yet to read review by DPwho?? I have know doubt they could tell a diamond from polished rubyq
08-18-2018, 06:05 AM - 1 Like   #252
Pentaxian

It is more interesting what the review is lacking. No compains about slow AF, sharpness, bokeh was actually assessed positively...
Some poor DPR person had to work with a Pentax camera that he cannot comment on in a lens review and was presented with a really good lens. I even assume that Pentax made DPA buy the lens this time :-) Maybe the same person was denied the travel for the Nikon hands-on preview. Even worse the Pentax lens performed well. For a totally upset reviewer, the wording is still OK.
08-18-2018, 06:12 AM   #253
Pentaxian

There is a complain about slow AF (if you read carefully, it's the K-1's slow AF - not the lens').
08-18-2018, 07:55 AM   #254

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
There is a complain about slow AF (if you read carefully, it's the K-1's slow AF - not the lens').
If the K-1 AF is slow, then AF with any lens including the DFA*50 on the K-1 should be slow.
08-18-2018, 07:59 AM - 2 Likes   #255
Pentaxian

Well, we know it can track dragonflies in flight, swallows in flight, race cars, motorbikes on track, airplanes - but it just doesn't work for really fast things like bikes and toddlers.