Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2008, 07:48 AM   #76
Inactive Account

K-m is fantastic news! Personally I think better news than some flagship model. Finally a DS successor. I hope it has a decent (penta-prism please! viewfinder though!) Pentax makes a great travel kit.

The 15mm limited looks stunning. Hope it isn't too expensive; I thought the 35mm was good value.

I think "smallest DSLR with SR" is pushing it a bit with the new micro 4/3rds annoucements. OK the panasonic one has lens IS, but it is one tiny camera and olympus will probably follow suit with a micro 4/3rds camera with body IS. I think eventually Pentax is going to have to do a K mount version of these kind of beasts, but it will be a while as they haven't really mastered live view yet.

09-19-2008, 07:50 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Did someone say there is no top LCD? I rely on mine so much...how would you do without it? Or is it assuming that P&S converters won't care because they don't have one now anyway?
09-19-2008, 07:53 AM   #78
cyg

Price...

QuoteOriginally posted by feronovak Quote
If it is smaller or same size as *istDS I will be very happy ... But not for £499
On the amazon page it's £499 for the double kit.

The German site says 499€ for the single kit.

I hope they also sell it body only for those of us who already have lenses... or as a "pancake kit".
09-19-2008, 07:55 AM   #79
Veteran Member

we waited for leaks for so long and now everyone is leaking information
Yes, and because of this I have doubts that the K-M is leak-free so I don't really believe this "sealing"-bit, must be wrong.

Oh, it is quite funny that the cheapest Pentax is the fastest (3.5 fps).
Ehum haha. So now we finally has a camera with faster fps than 3 that also works with L-glass. Hahahaha.

But, this can be seen as a sign of greater things to come - for those that has demanded speed...

09-19-2008, 07:56 AM   #80
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by bnishanth Quote
Very interesting.... I'm pleased by the way Pentax is trying to target it's customers. I'm sure there are many people who are not happy with K20D Super or K30 or whatever, but nevertheless, given the circumstances, this is a good step forward.

BTW, There seems to be only MF and AF, and no AF-C ???

Cheers
Nish
Like istDx only M/F on the switch. The rest is in the menus.
09-19-2008, 07:56 AM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxkat Quote
K-m is fantastic news! Personally I think better news than some flagship model. Finally a DS successor. I hope it has a decent (penta-prism please! viewfinder though!) Pentax makes a great travel kit.
Pentamirror with 96% coverage.
No pentaprism.
09-19-2008, 07:57 AM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pghwarrior23 Quote
Did someone say there is no top LCD? I rely on mine so much...how would you do without it? Or is it assuming that P&S converters won't care because they don't have one now anyway?
Entry level models, and some high-end models too, from the competition (see Sony...) does not have top-LCD's. They use the back-LCD for exposure information.

09-19-2008, 08:01 AM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxkat Quote

The 15mm limited looks stunning. Hope it isn't too expensive; I thought the 35mm was good value.

I think "smallest DSLR with SR" is pushing it a bit with the new micro 4/3rds annoucements. OK the panasonic one has lens IS, but it is one tiny camera and olympus will probably follow suit with a micro 4/3rds camera with body IS. I think eventually Pentax is going to have to do a K mount version of these kind of beasts, but it will be a while as they haven't really mastered live view yet.
It is pentamirror like istDL, AF is SAFOX with 5 focusing areas. Specs have been leaked on AMAZON UK. There's a post in the other rumor thread.

Nice camera and a smart move for company, although I personally will be saying good buy to new Pentax equipment and lenses due to the lack of FF equipment.
09-19-2008, 08:01 AM   #84
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Interesting... Can you elaborate a little more?

I can hardly think of Pentax inventing a new AF system with a technique not in use by other makers. But it would be nice to be completely surprised
United States Patent Application 20080036861
Kind Code A1
YAMAMOTO; Yasuhiro February 14, 2008
TARGETED OBJECT PURSUIT SYSTEM

Abstract

A targeted object pursuit system comprising a first setting block, a second setting block, a recognition block, a first determination block, a second determination block, and a re-designation block is provided.
09-19-2008, 08:02 AM   #85
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's small version of K200D -
122.5*91.5* 67.5 mm
VERY LOW CONSUMPTION - 1650 images!!!!
approx. 3.5fps , sequence : 5 frame (JPEG and Continuous (Hi)) 4 frame (RAW)
approx. 1.1fps , sequence : until the memory card becomes full (JPEG and Continuous (Lo)) 7 frame (RAW)
09-19-2008, 08:08 AM   #86
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not sure that K-M has weather-sealing.
09-19-2008, 08:08 AM   #87
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ibk Quote
The Amazon specs of K-m are mixed with specs of K200D.
Don't entirely trust it!
what part not to trust???
09-19-2008, 08:09 AM   #88
Veteran Member

Dead Link?

Nachrichten - Division Imaging Systems - PENTAX Europe GmbH

55mm f1.4 SDM 549 EUR
60-250mm f4.0 1299 EUR

Pentax K-M ? what the heck, that'is originality

There is no text.
09-19-2008, 08:11 AM   #89
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I'm not sure that K-M has weather-sealing.
Hmm, that would be a pity, K200D is so far the cheapest smallest sealed in body SR system, just waiting for a sealed allround zoom lens, I am waiting for that one as well and a sealed KMD would make that lense even nearer.
Sealed KMD with a nice allround sealed zoom would be ideal travel kit, especially with AA.

But who know, maybe Amazon is right
09-19-2008, 08:12 AM   #90
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by ibk Quote
The Amazon specs of K-m are mixed with specs of K200D.
Don't entirely trust it!
You can possibly read " better than..."