Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2008, 12:00 PM   #166
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
the K20D isn't that much heavier / bigger than the K100D. the difference is like 200g which is like one kit lens
and the 100D is too big as it is

09-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #167
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by claude21 Quote
Faster AF ?
AF tracking ?
No banding at high iso ?
Hi res LCD ?
Possibly more fps ?

Yeah that's just nikon.

@Miserere

Actually, I've send my K10D to pentax for repairs, so no, it doesn't make any photos. Moreover, banding and titled pictures is not what I expect from an DSLR sorry.
Sorry to hear that, Claude. Most people's K10D's don't show any banding or tilting, so please don't judge a model based on a single unit. Hopefully you'll get the camera back in perfect condition and you can get back to taking great pictures.

I was only applying a bit of humour in my reply to you
09-19-2008, 12:02 PM   #168
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
Wrong. This lens is to replace a classic 85mm portrait lens. FF is not in Pentax's plans. Get over it.
Hate to tell you, but just because it has the same "effective focal length", doesn't make it the same as an 85/1.4. The 85/1.4 has better bokeh and subject isolation...in all brands I've seen; it just seems to have a magic optical formula...
09-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #169
Veteran Member

For those wanting and wondering about a Panasonic G1 equivalent by Pentax/Samsung, I've written my thoughts on Yvon Bourque's blog today.

Please visit and show you support

09-19-2008, 12:10 PM   #170
Forum Member

It was widely known that k10d have banding at high iso. I still doesn't understand why it is so pronounced when the d80 (sharing the same sensor technology or the same actually, not sure) don't have such problems. I'm a bit sad that Pentax forgot us k10d owners by not releasing any firmware upgrade. Or it's hardware related I don't know. Whatever, I don't trust them anymore.
09-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #171
Banned

QuoteQuote:
I don't trust them anymore.
where is the proof that its widely known? there seems to be a lot of K10 owners out there with no such problems. so you don't trust an entire company and all of its products because your camera has some issues?
09-19-2008, 12:16 PM   #172
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Yeah, that seems like a customer service disaster waiting to happen. I'm surprised to not see a weather-sealed kit lens.
Maybe the DA L lenses are, not a plastic mount but a rubber mount !!!
Anyway, lens surprises are possible, remember the DA 18-250?? That came rather suddenly

09-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #173
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
where is the proof that its widely known? there seems to be a lot of K10 owners out there with no such problems
seamuis: it depends highly on the conditions and types of subjects people take pictures of. If you take pictures in brightly lit conditions, you'll hardly see it (though I did w/ one US open tennis photo), and it also depends on your monitor as to how obvious it is.
For folks who have claimed their images had banding and posted it,
I've been able to see it. Others don't. Doesn't mean that it doesn't exist though. Ditto the x-mas tree light/moire that some users complained about initially, which we later found out was because of a weak vertical antialiasing filter.
09-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #174
Forum Member

where is the proof that its widely known? there seems to be a lot of K10 owners out there with no such problems. so you don't trust an entire company and all of its products because your camera has some issues?
Just read the forums or searh google there are many reports.
Just a few :

Horrible K10D banding iso 400+: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Pentax Photography: K10D Vertical Banding

K10D Banding and amp glow on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

vpn problems: Photo by Photographer nasim bahbahani - photo.net
09-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #175
Veteran Member

Aaah, the ones who feel disappointed keep bitching and moaning and complaining.
09-19-2008, 12:59 PM   #176

Has anybody kept a copy of the full specs leaked at Amazon.uk?

I copypasted them to my blog for reference, but for some weird reason, the page was not properly updated and I have no copy of them. I added some parts posted before in this thread, but would like to get the whole list if some of you got it. Thanks by advance!
09-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #177
Veteran Member

I was pleasantly surprised by the 15 limited. It's not quite as wide as my DA 14, and a stop slower, but it looks significantly smaller. For canyoneering, hiking, backpacking, etc that plus a Km would make a great combination.

Chalk up another vote for the chrome look of the K-m. I liked the silver/chrome elements of the K110, and they seem to have got it right for the K-m. It has a classic, high-tech feel to it.

It's hard to tell if the TC will be weather sealed- we can only see clearly the front connection, which would be sealed by the gasket on the lens. There's a chance that it could have a rear gasket on it that we just can't see.
09-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #178
Inactive Account

It's aNew World My Friend

I was talking about does it cover the full 24x36mm frame. from what I understand at 55mm it should, thus making it possible to use on a PZ-1p I was thinking of purchasing.
Film is dead. Get over it
09-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #179
Veteran Member

You can have my Velvia when you pry it from my cold, dead hands

09-19-2008, 01:35 PM   #180
Veteran Member

film is dying but definitely not dead yet