Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #181

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
Film is dead. Get over it
Stop saying "Get over it" and try to use some reason to argue.

09-19-2008, 02:13 PM   #182
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
Film is dead. Get over it
It's not dead, it just smells funny.
09-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #183
Veteran Member

yay the end, the thread was growing faster than I was reading !!!
09-19-2008, 02:33 PM   #184
RaduA

There is only one truth ...

... whatever camera Pentax was releasing today some people would of been unhappy. FF vs APS-C, high speed and fast AF, high resolution or high ISO performance, small body with great features and low price if possible.

Well, most of those are mutually exclusive or expensive to implement or not fully suported by existing lenses or have not enough prospective buyers and so on.

Not many seem to remember Nikon's position early 2006 after the new management took over and what kind of market share they had in 2005 - almost 16 points behind Canon (reminder: IDC global camera and DSLR rankings for 2005-2006 - Photo.net Canon EOS Forum). First measure? D40 followed by D40X, and 6 months latter D3 and D300 ...

Whomever needs a change of system it's more than welcomed to do so but my feeling is that the next 18 months will be Pentax' best ever in the digital age.

Radu

09-19-2008, 02:51 PM   #185
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Or, in cubic cm...

Pentax K200D: 939
Pentax K-M: 757
Pentax *istD: 731
Olympus 420: 625
Panasonic G1: 468

Weight matters more to me than size, and I have seen no value for that.
09-19-2008, 02:56 PM   #186
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Hate to tell you, but just because it has the same "effective focal length", doesn't make it the same as an 85/1.4. The 85/1.4 has better bokeh and subject isolation...in all brands I've seen; it just seems to have a magic optical formula...
Um, you've used the DA* 55 and can say it's not as good on digital as the FA 85 is on film? Or are you just assuming that Pentax don't know what they are doing and are releasing a lens with no market.

The DA35 is quite magical for its application. If the DA* 55 is equivalently so, it will be well worth the money.
09-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #187
Veteran Member

I'm all for small and light camera with AA support. But I'll skip this one and wait K200D sucessor in hope that it will have the sensor and viewfinder from K20D.

09-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #188
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pghwarrior23 Quote
"Panasonic has even dared to make its new SLR in different colours."

God...I can see it now...people running around with pink and bright green dSLRs pretending like they know what they are doing! HAHA
If Pentax make a K-m with the whole body in Pentax-red with the Pentax brand in black, for sure my wife will want one, so they will sell us two instead of one, would be a good move.
09-19-2008, 03:13 PM   #189
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Douglas,

There are 3 options for AF and neither AF.C or AF.S is the default one. Think of it in this terms: you can change manually from single focus to tracking or ...

Radu
Watch out so I don't get hold of you because I will tickle you until you tell me the secret...
09-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #190
Forum Member

Woo! great to hear Pentax's new stuff! Can't wait till Photokina and see their products reviewed and full specs!

As much as i'd like FF camera, the K-m probably makes more sense financially speaking for the company. It's great to hear of a small SLR that would go well with the pancake lenses Pentax has to offer!

I don't think competition with the micro 4/3rds should be an issue. Honestly, i think the whole 4/3rds format is a joke. It is too much of a compromise between quality and size that it endes up with neither. It is really not THAT small (compared to compacts or the sigma dp1) and the image quality is not comparable to APS-C sensors. Their motto should be Micro 4/3rds: Best of neither worlds.
09-19-2008, 03:16 PM   #191
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Or, in cubic cm...

To my hand it seemed like over 520 grams without batteries. It's not toy like light ...

Radu
09-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #192
Veteran Member

I like that Pentax continues to produce well on its strong suit which is excellent lenses.

I've been hoping for exactly this release (low end body - high end glass) but part 2 of my wish is that Samsung and Pentax officially stop cloning each other and let each focus on their own strengths (Pentax glass; Samsung electronics). What would be better, to top off this announcement, with an accompanying press release by Samsung that they are releasing a GX-30 and a FF body.

relatively speaking they've got lots of money and can afford the financial hit that comes with being a new entry into the market. If they jump in with both feet they could make quite a splash and add considerable strength to the Pentax/Samsung branding.
09-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #193
Veteran Member

we need skins!!!!

I could change the colour of my k20d depending on my mood for the day, nice royal blue or perhaps solid gold when I want to look flash, camo for when going for wildlife.... cool!

could add like ringtones for when you've taken a pic! or when you're about to -> say 'cheese' could be automated and replaced with whatever you like.

hmm, I think I need to get out and take some photos
09-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #194
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Or, in cubic cm...

Just out of curiosity, how do you get those figures? A simple WxLxH isn't very accurate, because these cameras are not perfect rectangles. To get an accurate volume, it seems you'd either have to do the water-displacement method, or have a 3d computer model you can evaluate.
09-19-2008, 03:24 PM   #195
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
Which means this camera is neutered. I knew it would be neutered and no top LCD is unforgivable. Even if it just displayed Av/Sv/ISO i'd be happy.
"neutered"....I had to look that up in my dictionary. Do you expect your cameras to be self-reproductive? And you "knew this"? Clairvoyant? And it is "unforgivable"? Well don't buy it then. But if Av/Sv/ISO is on the back-LCD and/or in the viewfinder I find that somewhat narrow-minded. You know, you used to have to look at the lens to see the aperture setting, and it was possible to take photos then also.