The English version is unfortunately almost void of content:
Beautiful Photo-life | RICOH IMAGING

08-26-2018, 05:18 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The English version is unfortunately almost void of content:
Beautiful Photo-life | RICOH IMAGING
Is it difficult for Ricoh to do the translation? Do they see themselves as a multinational company?
08-26-2018, 05:37 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by parinya-ekparinya Quote
Is it difficult for Ricoh to do the translation? Do they see themselves as a multinational company?
Only a multinational camera company not a multinational video company obviously!
08-26-2018, 05:37 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All of which contrasts with Ricoh’s advertising in the UK. Premier League and Women’s golf seem to get some advertising love on US TV.

08-26-2018, 05:38 AM   #20
Pentaxian

All of which contrasts with Ricoh’s advertising in the UK. Premier League and Women’s golf seem to get some advertising love on US TV.
08-26-2018, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #21
JPT
Pentaxian

These videos are not new. Ricoh has little screens at the point of sale in Japan and they have been looping these videos for at least a year. This explains why they were made in Japanese only. I think the videos have been in use for at least a year, and probably soon after the K-70 release. I guess someone just had the idea of putting these together as an asset on the website, so they uploaded them to Youtube and made the page.

When Ricoh has a product that is more targeted at the global market, they do make it bilingual, such as the sites for the K-1 and DA Star lenses. By the way, it is not cheap to get translation into English done in Japan. I deal with that issue at work. You don't do it unnecessarily if you're on a budget.
08-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
These videos are not new. Ricoh has little screens at the point of sale in Japan and they have been looping these videos for at least a year. This explains why they were made in Japanese only. I think the videos have been in use for at least a year, and probably soon after the K-70 release. I guess someone just had the idea of putting these together as an asset on the website, so they uploaded them to Youtube and made the page.

When Ricoh has a product that is more targeted at the global market, they do make it bilingual, such as the sites for the K-1 and DA Star lenses. By the way, it is not cheap to get translation into English done in Japan. I deal with that issue at work. You don't do it unnecessarily if you're on a budget.
Perhaps, they decided to upload them recently in order to create a page on their Japanese Beautiful Photo-life site.

Interesting. Thank you for the information. Anyway, I wish we could see more content in English from Pentax (Ricoh) in the future.

08-26-2018, 06:07 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
. Anyway, I wish we could see more content in English from Pentax (Ricoh) in the future.
I think they tried foreign markets and found the returns on marketing weren't there.

If you like, here is Ricoh Imaging USA's YouTube channel:

Ricoh Imaging - YouTube

and for Britain:

RICOH IMAGING UK - YouTube

I mean, the USA channel only ever had a paltry 7600 subscribers.

You can see from their content they gave it a real go about five years ago, and obviously, it wasn't worth the effort.
08-27-2018, 01:18 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
There are always these classics:

Seams sensible to advertise a non weather sealed camera around a pool.
08-27-2018, 01:32 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote

It is generally accepted that English is the hardest language to learn fluently for persons who grow up with Japanese, Korean, and Chinese dialects as their first language. All the rules that are often broken in English grammar in conversational speech make it extra hard to learn. My Korean instructors had lived in the US over 40 years and knew grammar better than any of the Americans in class with Degrees from top schools but still had trouble with some conversational speech, especially colloquialisms. (Ha! no spell check needed there!)
08-27-2018, 01:37 PM   #26

Original Poster
From their digital era ads, I prefer the KP video the most.

Last edited by parinya-ekparinya; 08-27-2018 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Add wink
08-27-2018, 11:56 PM   #27
Banned

So no replacement for the K-70 in the coming year........maybe at cp+ in 2020.
08-28-2018, 12:35 AM - 1 Like   #28

Pentax Japanese has recently uploaded a series of K-70 tutorial videos on their official YouTube channel. At the time of writing, there are 16 videos in total. Note that the first video begins with 00 and the last one is 15. They are all in Japanese though.

Here is the first one:
00 ???? - YouTube
I did find this to be a bit of bummer when researching a k70 purchase. I really enjoy doing the research and youtube is a nice platform to get info and hands on reviews. Just not a ton of stuff for Pentax out there. Thankfully, a co-worker is a pentaxian and pointed me to the brand and this forum.
08-28-2018, 12:51 AM   #29

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shawbamos Quote
I did find this to be a bit of bummer when researching a k70 purchase. I really enjoy doing the research and youtube is a nice platform to get info and hands on reviews. Just not a ton of stuff for Pentax out there. Thankfully, a co-worker is a pentaxian and pointed me to the brand and this forum.
Totally agree with you!! That's why I think Pentax has to do something with marketing, at least on social media platforms in the global scale. Perhaps, Pentax could lend more of their gears to Youtubers for their honest reviews. I believe they have already done that to some degree though.
08-28-2018, 01:25 AM   #30

Totally agree with you!! That's why I think Pentax has to do something with marketing, at least on social media platforms in the global scale. Perhaps, Pentax could lend more of their gears to Youtubers for their honest reviews. I believe they have already done that to some degree though.
Yes! It seems all I could find was "The Camera Store" guys and "DigitalRev." I'm still not sure if The Camera Store guys hate Pentax or not but, I feel they did do some fair reviews. Just wish there was more out there. It'd be neat if they could get their gear in the hands of some of the big names on there.