Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2018, 01:45 AM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax's official YouTube channel has uploaded a series of K-70 tutorial videos

Pentax Japanese has recently uploaded a series of K-70 tutorial videos on their official YouTube channel. At the time of writing, there are 16 videos in total. Note that the first video begins with 00 and the last one is 15. They are all in Japanese though.

Here is the first one:

08-24-2018, 02:34 AM   #2
Pentaxian

In 2018.. it's never too late. How about customers who are outside Japan? Don't care?
08-24-2018, 02:38 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
In 2018.. it's never too late. How about customers who are outside Japan? Don't care?
Nope.

You can look at the Rioch Imaging USA YouTube channel, for instance. No interest in it.

You can see by the videos on it that they really tried about four years ago, and clearly it didn't get the views it needed to keep going.
08-24-2018, 07:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian

In 2018 they really are a study of a company who won’t engage with their customers. Kinda sad really.

Thanks for posting the info and links. Will go and take a look...

08-24-2018, 08:44 AM - 2 Likes   #5
Forum Member

Patronizing one or two photographers to do photography tutorial youtube channels with Pentax equipment would go a long way....

...so would being able to actually hold their cameras in local camera stores. I'd never have gotten into Pentax if they hadn't had the MZ-6 in my local Henry's all those years ago...
08-24-2018, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Pentax is a sort of Subaru of the cameras and lens makers
08-24-2018, 03:20 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

The full set of current Pentaxplus YouTube videos:

pentaxplus - YouTube

The arrival of a batch of K-70 videos now is rather strange. Camera was released mid 2016.

08-24-2018, 06:27 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
The arrival of a batch of K-70 videos now is rather strange. Camera was released mid 2016.
Thinking the same thing. Further, rather than releasing the ads, they are all tutorial videos. The information should be most valuable to the current K-70 owners. Is this the act to relieve the burden from their support team? I doubt that.

Anyway, I believe that we will not see a K-70 successor/replacement in the upcoming years, at least for 2 years. It is not worth their effort if they are going to release a successor soon.
08-24-2018, 11:08 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by parinya-ekparinya Quote
Is this the act to relieve the burden from their support team? I doubt that.
Many of the Pentax videos on that YouTube account aren't meant to be viewed stand-alone. They are embedded into web pages somewhere, like many of the small video clips there about specific K-1 camera features, for example.

So in Ricoh Japan there is probably a new K-70 'microsite' somewhere that displays those video clips on a web page. That's the context we may be unaware of.
08-25-2018, 03:07 AM   #10
Pentaxian

I am dubious of marketing videos as an effective vehicles to drive sales.

I have looked at the view counts for marketing versus other types of videos and they seem low.
08-25-2018, 02:12 PM   #11

Original Poster
Many of the Pentax videos on that YouTube account aren't meant to be viewed stand-alone. They are embedded into web pages somewhere, like many of the small video clips there about specific K-1 camera features, for example.

So in Ricoh Japan there is probably a new K-70 'microsite' somewhere that displays those video clips on a web page. That's the context we may be unaware of.
Good point about embedded videos. But I still could not understand why they did it this late for the camera that was released in 2016.

---------- Post added 08-25-18 at 02:17 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
I am dubious of marketing videos as an effective vehicles to drive sales.

I have looked at the view counts for marketing versus other types of videos and they seem low.
Totally agree. These days, I believe that many people spend more time on gear reviews rather than ads.
08-25-2018, 06:29 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Pentax is a sort of Subaru of the cameras and lens makers
I was thinking the same thing a couple of days ago!
08-25-2018, 06:37 PM - 2 Likes   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
I was thinking the same thing a couple of days ago!
Pentax is about love and they should have lots of dogs and kids in their ads?
08-26-2018, 01:52 AM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

Like this?
PENTAX K-70??????????????????? / Beautiful Photo-life | RICOH IMAGING
08-26-2018, 02:02 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Like this?
Exactly ... But why it took two years after camera release to do something like this remains a mystery.

FWIW, there are some other interesting items in the Photofile area of the site too [in Japanese]:

Beautiful Photo-life | RICOH IMAGING