Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2008, 06:50 AM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
Bush will finally be gone...

and Cheney.

Sanity may return to the White House again, and to the US in general.

The 'pro' camera will still be a pipedream, even though Pål will vehemently and fervently insist on its existance, just like the Phoenix lights, Bigfoot, the Ogopogo, or the Loch Ness Monster, and that it's release is now imminent. Others will claim to have seen it. They will somehow back this up with vague and indeterminate 'verification'. Pictures of it will emerge.

Due to a slip up in postings and email addresses and amid total chaos and confusion, Ned will finally be 'outed' as the real 'WendyB', both versions, and will subsequently be relieved of his position at Pentax. His wife, totally disgusted, will take the kids and go home to mom. He will take up a new position as focal length verifier and envelope licker at Lensbabies. But he will feel alive, rejuvenated, and much less stressed; he'll feel like a new, uh, 'man' again. He'll start taking artsy fashion shots, post strange nude self-portraits with very narrow depth of field on his blog, and start hanging out with Ben in Paris.

and Ricehigh will claim to have inside info on the imminent demise of Pentax. This time for sure. The head of Pentax/Hoya will be horribly mutilated by a Canon photocopier that they're sure was planted in the home office, and, terrified and fearing for his safety, he will just sign it all over to them, lock, stock and barrel distortion.

Celebrating my 12th psychotic year of Pentax posting paranoia. Pål saw the pro camera back then, too. In northern Norway...

And Roland was sure of it.

I love this place.

Cheers,
Cameron
That IS funny. I'm not even going to attempt to top that. I'm now going to smash my Canon copier with a big red and black painted baseball bat.

09-20-2008, 06:50 AM   #17
ogl
Banned

I agree. K20D is the top for Pentaxians. Great, but it's good upgrade of K10D. It's not enough.
Even Olympus has semi-pro camera. Not Pentax.
09-20-2008, 06:59 AM   #18
Banned

QuoteQuote:
NO. NO.NO.

Olympus has a camera, period.

the people who think they know things and hold some sort of position of being 'informed' say Olympus has a 'semi-pro' camera.

Pentax also has a camera.

imagine that? they seem to stand on equal ground after all.

haven't we already went over this? a camera is just a camera. damn you people and your stupid marketing terms....:ugh:
09-20-2008, 07:58 AM   #19
ogl
Banned

I think that pentax MUST launch new camera higher K20d in nearest 4 month.

09-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Indeed, in the either way - it will be always "unknown seller of good, but kids-cams".
There is a need in: 1/8000 + 1/250 + 5 fps + new AF fast in low-light.

Actually I haven't yet desided, will I switch to FF in future, or I'll stay with APS-C. (it provides longer tele-, cheaper body, and available fish-eye zoom 10-17 (it is quite a quest to find old FF version of fish-eye zoom)
09-20-2008, 10:50 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I agree. K20D is the top for Pentaxians. Great, but it's good upgrade of K10D. It's not enough.
I do not consider the top of the line Olympus a pro camera no matter how you dress it. The sensor is just too small. The sensor size used by all of the manufacturers not using Full frame except for Olympus and Panasonic, is the minimum size I would feel confident with. I do think that Pentax should eventually release a FF camera. Too many pro's including myself see the occasional need for the resolution that can be acquired by a well designed FF sensor. I think the Canon 5D Mkll is a perfect example of what can be accomplished by aggressive R&D.

Ben
09-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #22
Banned

QuoteQuote:
I think that pentax MUST launch new camera higher K20d in nearest 4 month.
or what? they will die a horrible death? where is olympus' FF camera? ..... whatever.

09-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I think the Canon 5D Mkll is a perfect example of what can be accomplished by aggressive R&D.

Ben
Am I glad to see this. After looking at the other forums Canon 5D section I have come to the conclusion that anybody praising the 5D Mk II can NOT be a Canonite...
Thank you for staying loyal to Pentax
09-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #24
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Canonite
is that what they are called? huh.
09-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
Am I glad to see this. After looking at the other forums Canon 5D section I have come to the conclusion that anybody praising the 5D Mk II can NOT be a Canonite...
Thank you for staying loyal to Pentax
Good Point!
09-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #26
ogl
Banned

Canon 5D Mk II has VERY food picture, it's optimal mix of resolution and low noise.
ISO3200 is absolutely working. Even ISO6400 is good.
Picture is cleaner than 5D and has more resolution.
09-21-2008, 12:01 AM   #27
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
or what? they will die a horrible death? where is olympus' FF camera? ..... whatever.
Olympus is bigger company. And they can't make FF. They made 4/3 standart.
Pentax won't die, but it will be more marginal without quick answer to A700, D300, D50 or D90. And it's all.
09-21-2008, 12:08 AM   #28
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I do not consider the top of the line Olympus a pro camera no matter how you dress it. The sensor is just too small. The sensor size used by all of the manufacturers not using Full frame except for Olympus and Panasonic, is the minimum size I would feel confident with. I do think that Pentax should eventually release a FF camera. Too many pro's including myself see the occasional need for the resolution that can be acquired by a well designed FF sensor. I think the Canon 5D Mkll is a perfect example of what can be accomplished by aggressive R&D.

Ben
You said that we could see FF from Pentax this fall...
We don't see even camera a bit higher K20D.
09-21-2008, 02:40 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
NO. NO.NO.

Olympus has a camera, period.

the people who think they know things and hold some sort of position of being 'informed' say Olympus has a 'semi-pro' camera.

Pentax also has a camera.

imagine that? they seem to stand on equal ground after all.

haven't we already went over this? a camera is just a camera. damn you people and your stupid marketing terms....:ugh:
Yea, it took less than 24 hours after the photokina leak, and then they are at it again...
Pentax haven't had a pro camera since LX. That's it. They have not been seriously enough interested in that market since then. I'm an amateur in hart even if I use my camera a lot in my work, so I don't really care. But it's a bit like some people believe Pentax will not survive without a pro body (or a FF or both) even if it would sell in very small numbers. Perhaps they will get one eventually, but hopefully Hoya prevent them from marketing one before they can afford it, before they have the market.
09-21-2008, 03:43 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Canon 5D Mk II has VERY food picture, it's optimal mix of resolution and low noise.
ISO3200 is absolutely working. Even ISO6400 is good.
Picture is cleaner than 5D and has more resolution.
Did you expect anything else?