Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

pma rumors

so we now know about photokina, when do we start with pma rumors, it's only 6 months away!!!

(only joking )

09-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think there are already rumors about PMA

maybe another new body and I expect something on the new 30mm lens, maybe even more on the new "super tele".
Oh and a new roadmap
09-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Reliable sources indicate announcment of a 3000mm f/2.8 super-super-super-tele with it's own built-in anti-gravity device

(If my math is correct, the aperture would be over a meter wide!)
09-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

the FFword will be thrown around a lot again

09-19-2008, 04:28 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
the FFword will be thrown around a lot again
yes, and free spaniel puppies for early adopters

and mice

maybe a vole
09-19-2008, 04:29 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by clawhammer Quote
Reliable sources indicate announcment of a 3000mm f/2.8 super-super-super-tele with it's own built-in anti-gravity device

(If my math is correct, the aperture would be over a meter wide!)
will my tripod hold that one?
09-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I like white sauce on my pizza.... the red stuff just burns me sometimes

Also, my dog really loves to drop his tennis ball or teddy bear on my lap when ever I eat at the dinner table.

My final point is the parking situation at the mall is beyond bad. I drive and drive till I spot what looks to be an empty space only to pull in and find a mini tucked in there.

I think there will be more about this at PMA. This is all I know for now... you guys have anything?
09-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #8

Jason Donovan is trying to make a come back, although I dont think he is teaming up with Andrew Lloyd Webber this time, or even pretending to be straight and s**g Kylie Minogue....

Only time will tell....

09-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My PMA Predictions...

QuoteOriginally posted by philmorley Quote
so we now know about photokina, when do we start with pma rumors, it's only 6 months away!!!

(only joking )
Bush will finally be gone...

and Cheney.

Sanity may return to the White House again, and to the US in general.

The 'pro' camera will still be a pipedream, even though Pål will vehemently and fervently insist on its existance, just like the Phoenix lights, Bigfoot, the Ogopogo, or the Loch Ness Monster, and that it's release is now imminent. Others will claim to have seen it. They will somehow back this up with vague and indeterminate 'verification'. Pictures of it will emerge.

Due to a slip up in postings and email addresses and amid total chaos and confusion, Ned will finally be 'outed' as the real 'WendyB', both versions, and will subsequently be relieved of his position at Pentax. His wife, totally disgusted, will take the kids and go home to mom. He will take up a new position as focal length verifier and envelope licker at Lensbabies. But he will feel alive, rejuvenated, and much less stressed; he'll feel like a new, uh, 'man' again. He'll start taking artsy fashion shots, post strange nude self-portraits with very narrow depth of field on his blog, and start hanging out with Ben in Paris.

and Ricehigh will claim to have inside info on the imminent demise of Pentax. This time for sure. The head of Pentax/Hoya will be horribly mutilated by a Canon photocopier that they're sure was planted in the home office, and, terrified and fearing for his safety, he will just sign it all over to them, lock, stock and barrel distortion.

Celebrating my 12th psychotic year of Pentax posting paranoia. Pål saw the pro camera back then, too. In northern Norway...

And Roland was sure of it.

I love this place.

Cheers,
Cameron

Last edited by Cambo; 09-19-2008 at 05:37 PM.
09-19-2008, 07:31 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by davebris33 Quote
yes, and free spaniel puppies for early adopters

and mice

maybe a vole
well i'll only be interested if there is definately a vole!
09-19-2008, 07:32 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
Bush will finally be gone...

and Cheney.

Sanity may return to the White House again, and to the US in general.

The 'pro' camera will still be a pipedream, even though Pål will vehemently and fervently insist on its existance, just like the Phoenix lights, Bigfoot, the Ogopogo, or the Loch Ness Monster, and that it's release is now imminent. Others will claim to have seen it. They will somehow back this up with vague and indeterminate 'verification'. Pictures of it will emerge.

Due to a slip up in postings and email addresses and amid total chaos and confusion, Ned will finally be 'outed' as the real 'WendyB', both versions, and will subsequently be relieved of his position at Pentax. His wife, totally disgusted, will take the kids and go home to mom. He will take up a new position as focal length verifier and envelope licker at Lensbabies. But he will feel alive, rejuvenated, and much less stressed; he'll feel like a new, uh, 'man' again. He'll start taking artsy fashion shots, post strange nude self-portraits with very narrow depth of field on his blog, and start hanging out with Ben in Paris.

and Ricehigh will claim to have inside info on the imminent demise of Pentax. This time for sure. The head of Pentax/Hoya will be horribly mutilated by a Canon photocopier that they're sure was planted in the home office, and, terrified and fearing for his safety, he will just sign it all over to them, lock, stock and barrel distortion.

Celebrating my 12th psychotic year of Pentax posting paranoia. Pål saw the pro camera back then, too. In northern Norway...

And Roland was sure of it.

I love this place.

Cheers,
Cameron
LOL! we should have a poll as to how many times between now and then that someone announce pentax's demise (or big mistake etc) and then we could add them up at pma and give a prize to the winner
09-20-2008, 12:57 AM   #12

[Stares in to crystal ball, waves hands in the air... smoke...]

Ah; I can see it now. A camera body, black, with... something, something... maybe a button of some kind. Yes. Definitely a button. A round button. And yes, I'm quite sure, this camera body will use batteries. And you'll be able to mount something, wait... yes, you'll be able to mount lenses on this camera body....

Pew, that was hard. Looking into the future is hard work. But worth it. Right?

Right?

Hello?
09-20-2008, 02:10 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Pentax aren't doing themsleves favours...they should have some teasers etc follow in apples steps
09-20-2008, 05:29 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
Pentax aren't doing themsleves favours...they should have some teasers etc follow in apples steps
They did that with the K20D, and many people ended up disappointed. The K20D looks objectively like a great camera at a good price — but there had been so much build-up that some people felt let down that it's "just" an evolutionary step from the K10D.
09-20-2008, 06:33 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think the K20D looks like a great camera, but not at a great price. The reason I did not upgreade to the K20D was it did not offer me enough of an upgrade for a camera that was intorduced for over 30% more money than the model it replaced. I really think that's what killed sales. Had they introduced it as a kit at the same price of the K10D, it would have sold much better.

Last edited by Albert Siegel; 09-20-2008 at 07:00 AM.