Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2018, 09:56 AM   #1801
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Nikon basically did the same kind of thing several months ago when they announced announcement of the Z6 and Z7.
Months ago? That was on 23 August with a complete set of specifications including the Z7's price.

09-25-2018, 10:01 AM   #1802
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We already knew that Ricoh hadn't booked a press do - we still have to see what's on the actual stand
09-25-2018, 10:06 AM   #1803
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Months ago? That was on 23 August with a complete set of specifications including the Z7's price.
No, they hyped a July announcement, which had Nikon users all excited, but all it did was to announce the August announcement.
Nikon Announces Development of Next Generation Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera and NIKKOR Lenses?Featuring a New Mount?That Pursue a New Dimension in Optical Performance

added: a few days before that, they had an "all sizzle, no steak" thing on U-tube
09-25-2018, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #1804
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
They need better spin if they don't have anything ready.
Pentax announces an all new apsc flagship camera to come out in time for SpaceX 2023 commercial flights around the moon.

09-25-2018, 10:17 AM   #1805
Pentaxian

No, they hyped a July announcement, which had Nikon users all excited, but all it did was to announce the August announcement.
Nikon Announces Development of Next Generation Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera and NIKKOR Lenses?Featuring a New Mount?That Pursue a New Dimension in Optical Performance

added: a few days before that, they had an "all sizzle, no steak" thing on U-tube
Travel of Light - YouTube
OK, point taken. Anyway, that's three months between the announcement of the announcement and the availability of the first camera (Z7). People here would be happy if the GR III were to be available in three months from now, i.e. in early winter instead of spring.
09-25-2018, 10:31 AM - 1 Like   #1806
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

Travel of Light - YouTube
They did deliver though....
09-25-2018, 12:26 PM - 1 Like   #1807
Veteran Member

Original Poster
lol

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Ah well, that's made my Photokina then ... thanks for that
You are welcome Mike

Last edited by MarkJerling; 09-25-2018 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Quoted text and response to that removed.
09-25-2018, 12:31 PM   #1808
Site Supporter

Sigma announced some new lenses that I'd like to have available, but obviously will not come in Pentax mount, including a new uber bigma 60-600 Five New Global Vision lenses | Sigma Corporation of America

Sounds like as of now all we get is a camera I have no interest in at all.
09-25-2018, 12:36 PM   #1809
Banned

I will be wondering if it is under glass or people can hold it. We will see tomorrow.
09-25-2018, 01:20 PM   #1810
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Likely

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I will be wondering if it is under glass or people can hold it. We will see tomorrow.
One will be under glass and a 'select few' have already held it (in the real world)
09-25-2018, 01:38 PM - 1 Like   #1811
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The latest Capture One update 11.3 (perfectly timed for Photokina) makes me think that Fuji pulls all strings they can grab. The GFX 50s is now supported by Capture One which makes it the only none-PhaseOne medium format camera there afaik.

There is even a dedicated version of Capture One for Fuji. I wish Pentax (or Ricoh) could pull this off too.
Attached Images

09-25-2018, 02:06 PM - 1 Like   #1812
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
The latest Capture One update 11.3 (perfectly timed for Photokina) makes me think that Fuji pulls all strings they can grab. The GFX 50s is now supported by Capture One which makes it the only none-PhaseOne medium format camera there afaik.

There is even a dedicated version of Capture One for Fuji. I wish Pentax (or Ricoh) could pull this off too.
For one moment is thought I was dreaming here. I have used Capture one since v3, and never thought I would ever see them support a MF camera other than their own backs.
This Photokina is one to remember.

Chris
09-25-2018, 03:09 PM   #1813
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
For one moment is thought I was dreaming here. I have used Capture one since v3, and never thought I would ever see them support a MF camera other than their own backs.
This Photokina is one to remember.

Chris
+1. That one blew me away too. It makes me wonder if Phase One is trying to democratize their software vs. being exclusive. Remember, they initially offered support for non-MF cameras because they acknowledged professionals may use a smaller body in parallel with their own Phase One body. After Apple obsoleted Aperture they probably got a lot of enthusiasts, hobbyists, and pros who don't use MF cameras. Positive word of mouth recommendations on the net added even more users. I bet their software now greatly overshadows their hardware. They are starting to see more dollars roll in and want even more rolling in. Why only have 10k users worldwide when you can have 100k or even more worldwide?

This could be the start of a new trend for them. They will offer free or "free-mium" versions of their software to entire users to upgrade to the Pro version. If they did this with Ricoh then we may get support pixel-shifted images!!
09-25-2018, 03:29 PM   #1814
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
(...)

There are already working copies in photographer's hands.

(...)
QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
(...)

Yes it is on both the US and German press release. The only one that it isn't on is a "translated" Japan release.

(...))
Could you please point out where working copies being in photographers' hands are mentioned, either in the US press release

Ricoh to debut highly anticipated RICOH GR III high-end digital compact camera at Photokina 2018

or in the German press release?

NEWS RICOH GR III - RICOH IMAGING DEUTSCHLAND GmbH or https://www.ricoh-imaging.de/media/54eeb3ef3ba23451269c559ccd57e8c7/PI_RI_GR...g_25-09-18.pdf

Last edited by MarkJerling; 09-25-2018 at 05:48 PM.
09-25-2018, 06:32 PM   #1815
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Could you please point out where working copies being in photographers' hands are mentioned, either in the US press release

Ricoh to debut highly anticipated RICOH GR III high-end digital compact camera at Photokina 2018

or in the German press release?

NEWS RICOH GR III - RICOH IMAGING DEUTSCHLAND GmbH or https://www.ricoh-imaging.de/media/54eeb3ef3ba23451269c559ccd57e8c7/PI_RI_GR...g_25-09-18.pdf
That’s odd, because I recall reading something earlier today that suggested development models were out with users (not sure about the “professionals” though), which I thought was part of an official announcement, but it isn’t in those links, nor in any other that I can find, now.
Closed Thread