09-03-2018, 11:43 PM   #661
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
After PhotoKina

All Pentaxians Should Cheer.

Thats all i'll say.
Well letīs go through the possibilities what might Pentax/Ricoh come up with:
1. a new APSC flagship, lets call it K3 III.
2. a new GR camera (GR III).
3. some new lenses (like the announced 11-18mm/2,8 or 85mm/1,4).
4. a new mirrorless camera.
---
My comment:
1. a K-3 III successor is the best Pentax can do (and in my opinion the most their resources allow). The K-3 II hase been long in the tooth and many of us have been waiting for a new APSC flagship. In fact, some of us (myself included) has given up waiting and switched to mirrorless, so for us even this best possible arrival is just a bit too late. Moreover in the times when the photo world raves about FF mirrorless a new APSC DSLR is, well, a bit uninteresting.
2. A new GR is highly desirable and IMHO it doesnīt need much: a new 24 MPx sensor and bit faster processor, thatīs it. Not much of a development IMO. And again as with K-3, the GR III should have been introduced already. As regards the importance of new GR, it is less relevant than the K-3 III, the market for a fixed-lens fixed focal length compact is rather limited.
3. New lenses are welcome everytime. After focusing on FF a couple of new APSC lenses would be nice. However a 11-18mm is the only one we can hope for.

4. IMO a new mirrorless (and a decent one, no K-01 mistake) is the only thing that can bring a secure future to Pentax brand. The whole photography industry is turning to mirrorless and while the DSLRs will be here for many comming years, their market share will be getting smaller and smaller and the money (both of manufacturers and buyers) will go to MILC market. Those producing DSLRs only will depent on fan base that will be getting smaller as well. Again, the DSLRs will not extinct and they will be here for long time (they will not loose the ability to take great pictures), however their development will be even slower (and actually a slow development now is something people critisize DSLR producers for, compared to rapid ML development). So a DSLR will become a niche product, just like rangefinders or medium format cameras are. Producers relying solely on DSLRs will either quit their business or they will have to be able to produce high profit from few cameras (just like Leica). And is Pentax/Ricoh able to copy Leica (prices and profit-wise)? I really doubt it.
So I think that whatever Pentax comes up with, it will be either too little or too late.

09-03-2018, 11:55 PM   #662
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by iudex Quote
APSC
..........................................................................................................
09-04-2018, 12:27 AM - 1 Like   #663
Banned

Finally I'm in the loop!

So I got a message from a very high person within Pentax. So I know what is going to happen at Photokina! I was really dazzled by him. Really hard to believe it.....but it is for real. You can't think of the first class world star they invited to host this event. I can't reveal that at this moment......

But it is going to happen....at the evening of september 25th, the evening before the start of Photokina 2018......

They are going to organise the biggest party of this years Photokina.....,

The Q after party!

09-04-2018, 12:28 AM   #664
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
..........................................................................................................
?????

---------- Post added 09-04-18 at 09:31 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
The Q after party!

Good one.

09-04-2018, 12:35 AM - 2 Likes   #665
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
So I got a message from a very high person within Pentax. So I know what is going to happen at Photokina! I was really dazzled by him. Really hard to believe it.....but it is for real. You can't think of the first class world star they invited to host this event. I can't reveal that at this moment......

But it is going to happen....at the evening of september 25th, the evening before the start of Photokina 2018......

They are going to organise the biggest party of this years Photokina.....,

The Q after party!

I'll have what Ron is drinking
09-04-2018, 12:36 AM - 1 Like   #666
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iudex Quote
Well letīs go through the possibilities what might Pentax/Ricoh come up with:
1. a new APSC flagship, lets call it K3 III.
2. a new GR camera (GR III).
3. some new lenses (like the announced 11-18mm/2,8 or 85mm/1,4).
4. a new mirrorless camera.
As you imply below this - Ricoh's major hurdle to get over at Photokina is getting noticed, and not just being a refuge for people who don't like crowds. Much as I love Pentax products, I can't see anything in the development chain that will be any sort of draw against the FF MILC furore. I think they may have to largely sit this one out - or, as suggested elsewhere produce some sort of intriguing concept camera. But the past record shows that they are quite capable of going to shows without much new to show, so I'm not super-hopeful of them grabbing the headlines. Always happy to be pleasantly surprised though

Last edited by ffking; 09-04-2018 at 04:00 AM.
09-04-2018, 12:39 AM   #667
Pentaxian

My guess is an updated line of DA* lenses.

09-04-2018, 12:52 AM   #668
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
My guess is an updated line of DA* lenses.
If it contains all zooms: 11-18, 16-50 and 50-135 and all are modern design with electronic mount (I think is KAF4). Add to this a new crop body and I am satisfied (my wallet probably less). I am fine with either DSLR or MILC setup for that.
09-04-2018, 01:30 AM - 1 Like   #669
Pentaxian

A mirrorless 645 camera with lens adapter and some new lenses, possibly made by the same company that makes them for Hasselblad..

---------- Post added 04-09-18 at 10:31 ----------

Or a mirrorless full frame camera which shares mounts with the new Panasonic full frame mirrorless

---------- Post added 04-09-18 at 10:34 ----------

Or a all new aps-c top model with a prime V 4k processor en very much improved SAFOX XIII AF processor and an articulating screen that shoots 10fps or 20 in electronic shutter mode.
09-04-2018, 02:08 AM   #670
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
A mirrorless 645 camera with lens adapter and some new lenses, possibly made by the same company that makes them for Hasselblad..

---------- Post added 04-09-18 at 10:31 ----------

Or a mirrorless full frame camera which shares mounts with the new Panasonic full frame mirrorless

Or a all new aps-c top model with a prime V 4k processor en very much improved SAFOX XIII AF processor and an articulating screen that shoots 10fps or 20 in electronic shutter mode.
I like all your ideas (second one makes the biggest smile on my face).
09-04-2018, 02:11 AM - 1 Like   #671
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
I like all your ideas (second one makes the biggest smile on my face).
Same here. Actually, I'm rolling on the floor laughing
09-04-2018, 02:47 AM - 1 Like   #672
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Same here. Actually, I'm rolling on the floor laughing
Then maybe I should replace or with and
09-04-2018, 03:34 AM   #673
Pentaxian

Given that Ricoh seem to have a hard time designing 3 prime lenses for the Pentax K1 and given that Tamron and Sigma make new lenses for EF and F mount, Ricoh Imaging could buy an EF mount and F mount license and make the next Pentax camera model available in two version: one EF mount version and one F mount version. That would be a valid strategy for Pentax not to go mirrorless. Customers who don't like mirrorless could still get a Pentax body to use their Canon or Nikon lenses, and Pentaxians would finally stop agonizing over the Pentax lens roadmap and take some Canon, Nikon, Tamron or Sigma DSLR lenses directly off the shelf.
09-04-2018, 03:34 AM   #674
Pentaxian

Everyone stop! Please stop! This too much speculation! All these excitement will make my head want to have everything. Now I will spend all day wondering what will Pentax bring on Photokina. You guys are going to give me sleepless nights!
09-04-2018, 03:53 AM - 1 Like   #675
Pentaxian

After PhotoKina

All Pentaxians Should Cheer.

Thats all i'll say.
Enigma rulez
Closed Thread